Take a breath

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

older saint
SS Life Member

Take a breath

Yes the first half today was poor however a couple things must be factored in
* Playing WC off a 6 day break v 8 day break
* Wc off a poor effort v Ess last week
* Stanley going down through structures completely out the window and needed until half time to reorganise , which showed with the 2nd half
* At this stage our depth is young so missing McEvoy, Fisher , Gwilt going in to the game and then Stanley = All players over 193
* STk are not a contender , WC are

It does worry me however reading here how many people are absolutely spraying players and not the likes of Wilkes but regular senior players who were having a bad game. Do it against POrt Adelaide i could understand but WC, please take a breath everyone

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Re: Take a breath

StKilda not a contender? You're kidding yourself older saint. One thing you have overlooked: Carlton 8.7 (55) defeated by Adelaide 19.10 (124). Carlton IS a contender but only had to catch a tram to Etihad not an Airbus to Perth to play the top-placed team after a short break. Any other team down by 49 at half time would have capitulated. Credit to the Saints on being a proud team and having a red-hot go in the 2nd half. Pity that Saad (only his 3rd game) baulked right instead of left in the last quarter. At worst we would have finished much closer.

Saint supporter since '62
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Wce will go very close to a flag, we will be making up the numbers. Cant disagree with much of this post.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
older saint
SS Life Member

To me WC, HAwthorn Sydney Ess and maybe Colland Adel are contenders

Carl Freo Stk Geel - pretenders

Rest improving like Rich or rubbish like Melb

If you read my post past not a contender you may have seen i provided explanations for the poor first half

Not kidding myself at all just a realist!

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

I agree CLARKY West Coast V Essendon grand final. But we still should have beaten them today - what a disgraceful first half of football they were completely overaught by WCE.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

It's Round 8 - plenty of the season left - an injury here or there could change the fortunes of many contenders and pretenders

Not writing us off yet

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Goody
Club Player

Me neither.
We were in the 8 round 7, history says if your there in at round 7 not much changes, we'll play finals, chuck in some 100's and 1000's and god knows what happens this season.
Its the best season to watch for years, we have some flair, a coach who can put it to us and things could/may go our way.
Hang on boys and girls!!

Followed Saints since '71
Sir Robert Harvey was my favorite player
Stewie Lowe and Plugger before that.
Loved watching Rooey and Jack Steven
Now looking forward to the future

Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen, but most just say " What the f#&k happened!".
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Goody wrote:Me neither.
We were in the 8 round 7, history says if your there in at round 7 not much changes, we'll play finals, chuck in some 100's and 1000's and god knows what happens this season.
Its the best season to watch for years, we have some flair, a coach who can put it to us and things could/may go our way.
Hang on boys and girls!!
I reckon 2009 was a pretty good year to watch.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
roxanne
Club Player

If we make the eight (with a healthy list) we'll cause a bit of havoc. However Adelaide and Hawthorn are looking the goods right now.

"He spoke of his stride, his power and his willingness to push himself to exhaustion. All of the things that are on display each weekend in the No 12 jumper" Garry Lyon