Gold Coast v Saints..Queens B/Day weekend

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Gold Coast v Saints..Queens B/Day weekend

Im heading up to the GC for the return match agasint the Suns on Queeens B/day saturday. My first ever Interstate Saints game so am just a little bit pumped :-)

Airfares and accom are all sorted, but Id be interested in hearing from anyone who went up last year in regard to the best Saints-friendly seats in the ground..as well as the best places to grab the shuttle bus.

Is there actually no public car parking at the ground? . That seems to be what their website says. Friends are hiring a car as they have a toddler with them and were hoping to drive to the game

Cheers in advance for any info!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gold Coast v Saints..Queens B/Day weekend

certainly last year virtually NO public parking

one suggestion - go to the golf course across the road for a meal and park there

anywhere near Pacific Fair to catch buses- although they leave from the centre of Gold coast too.

NOTE: I am a victorian and really don't know the area
was better a couple of years ago as there was actually public parking.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Im heading up to the GC for the return match agasint the Suns on Queeens B/day saturday. My first ever Interstate Saints game so am just a little bit pumped :-)

Airfares and accom are all sorted, but Id be interested in hearing from anyone who went up last year in regard to the best Saints-friendly seats in the ground..as well as the best places to grab the shuttle bus.

Is there actually no public car parking at the ground? . That seems to be what their website says. Friends are hiring a car as they have a toddler with them and were hoping to drive to the game

Cheers in advance for any info!

Yep went last year. you can get the bus from Pacific Fair in Broadbeach which I gather is close to where you are staying. Takes about 20 minutes. I reckon get it early and come for a drink at the Royal Pines golf club and then another 15 minute walk. Doubt there will be heavy at the ground because its a twilight game. you then have a choice. Either leave and run as soon as the siren sounds and get the bus back or wait a fair while and get it back. As for tickets last year the Saints supporters were on the 50 metre line at the opposite end to the big screen. probably be the same this year. The club should be able to help you with that. See you up there.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the advice guys and girls...Do they police the Golf Club car parking a bit tighter on match days for that exact reason? If not that sounds like a good plan.

Yep were staying quite close to Pacific Fair so will be easy to grab the bus from there.

Club have told me the Saints area wont be allocated for a few weeks yet. I forgot to ask them though..are the tickets for the area they allocate available thru TM (or whoever) or do you have to get them off the Club?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

if through the club it does mean there will be a ' group of colour' otherwise it can be spread right around the ground

Last year the Saints cheersquad area was to LEFT of ground as camera looks at it- the open non grandstand area.
Last edited by saintbrat on Thu 12 Apr 2012 10:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Thanks for the advice guys and girls...Do they police the Golf Club car parking a bit tighter on match days for that exact reason? If not that sounds like a good plan.

Yep were staying quite close to Pacific Fair so will be easy to grab the bus from there.

Club have told me the Saints area wont be allocated for a few weeks yet. I forgot to ask them though..are the tickets for the area they allocate available thru TM (or whoever) or do you have to get them off the Club?

Last year I got mine off the club but there seemed a lot of Saints fans there so maybe it was TM as well. It isnt as if they are special seats. Matter of fact they werent great. Hopefully catch up for a beer. I am less argumentative interstate

stevie
Saintsational Legend

As a Suns member I will naturally be there, with my Saints jumper on. And this time I wanna meet some of you SS guys!!!!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saint66au wrote:Thanks for the advice guys and girls...Do they police the Golf Club car parking a bit tighter on match days for that exact reason? If not that sounds like a good plan.

Last year I got mine off the club but there seemed a lot of Saints fans there so maybe it was TM as well. It isnt as if they are special seats. Matter of fact they werent great. Hopefully catch up for a beer. I am less argumentative interstate
Sounds like a plan...we survived standing behind you that day at Sandy :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

You can also catch up for a beer for Melbourne games. Stinger never appears so you'll be fine!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You can also catch up for a beer for Melbourne games. Stinger never appears so you'll be fine!

Stinger wouldnt worry me. I certainly dont take anything serious that is written on here. i would rather make my opinion on meeting them in the flesh. Happy to catch up for a beer but I am now single and go with a mate to access one and not livewire. Will make an effort to get in there soon but not this week. Got a mates kids 21st and the worst part is he is a mad saint.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

SAd to hear you are single Plugger, don't women in Oakleigh have any taste?

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:SAd to hear you are single Plugger, don't women in Oakleigh have any taste?

I actually live in East Bentleigh. That is the problem with East bentleigh, they have taste.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Maybe you need to come to Shepparton.
If I can get........................maybe there's hope yet!

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:Maybe you need to come to Shepparton.

Form poor there as well. Much better form at Yarrawonga.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
whiskers3614 wrote:SAd to hear you are single Plugger, don't women in Oakleigh have any taste?

I actually live in East Bentleigh. That is the problem with East bentleigh, they have taste.
Do they still have the over 35's at the Sandbelt Plunger. I remember there were a few good sorts there back in the day. :lol:

8856brother wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Do they still have the over 35's at the Sandbelt Plunger. I remember there were a few good sorts there back in the day. :lol:
Over 28's now. Goes Ok occasionly but you need to have had a few and it is still the South Side Six to me.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Over 28's now. Goes Ok occasionly but you need to have had a few and it is still the South Side Six to me.

Oh well. Grab a granny was always our last destination in the 90's if everything else failed. (So most weekends). Good luck with single life Big Boy. It has some advantages. No fighting over who should clean the toilet and stuff like that.

Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:if through the club it does mean there will be a ' group of colour' otherwise it can be spread right around the ground

Last year the Saints cheersquad area was to right of ground as camera looks at it- the open non grandstand area.
from TV we sit to the left bratty. but yes, the end out in the open.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
whiskers3614 wrote:Maybe you need to come to Shepparton.

Form poor there as well. Much better form at Yarrawonga.
You mean Fev's wife?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
maverick
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Over 28's now. Goes Ok occasionly but you need to have had a few and it is still the South Side Six to me.[/quote]

Ah Southside, what memories....

Reckon you might be single because you spend far too much time on here.....

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

They no longer allow parking at Emerald Lakes Gold Club regardless of whether you eat or not. They have functions in the car park now its different to how it was. There is no parking at the ground, there is only a small amount for disabled and officials. And there is no parking in the area. Bus is the only way from Pacific Fair Shopping Centre as advised by someone else. Your footy tickets gets you a free ride on the bus. Last year the Saints Supporters were spread all around the ground, we were with the Cheer Squad last year. The Qld Saints are no longer based at the Mermaid Surf Club. They now meet at the Robina Tavern who also will have buses operating.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:They no longer allow parking at Emerald Lakes Gold Club regardless of whether you eat or not. They have functions in the car park now its different to how it was. There is no parking at the ground, there is only a small amount for disabled and officials. And there is no parking in the area. Bus is the only way from Pacific Fair Shopping Centre as advised by someone else. Your footy tickets gets you a free ride on the bus. Last year the Saints Supporters were spread all around the ground, we were with the Cheer Squad last year. The Qld Saints are no longer based at the Mermaid Surf Club. They now meet at the Robina Tavern who also will have buses operating.

Please keep us posted as i've heard from my sisters ( saints supporters who are suns members but support the saints when they play each other ) that some of the bus arrangements may have changed .
they live in mainbeach , travel to the southport sharks club , where for $10 you get a return bus trip to the ground and you get a drink voucher for the sharks club . pretty good value as the clubs facilities are great . also parking your car at the club , is probably better than at a shopping centre .

In red white and black from 73
saintvic
Club Player

We are also going up to the Gold Coast for the game.

Have just bought tickets through ticketmaster in Section 113. Hopefully there are other Saints supporters sitting nearby :D