Waylen Manson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Waylen Manson

So he didnt even get rookied by anyone?

How disappointing.

savatage
SS Life Member

Try getting him on a plane...he's even too big a risk for the local clubs to take on.

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Definately dissapointing that a club won't take a punt on football talent and try and take him on ,might be the way football is heading .Its going to get a bit sterile if thats the case!

PADDLEPOP1000
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Pop goth country slasher type, yeah?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Disappointing....and a bit soft

I could only see positives.....

Better to have tried and failed than never tried at all......Liam jurrah is a success story..... Troy Taylor was not.... What's the big deal???

Are we positive all the picks we took will succeed....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Heard a guy from the NT on radio the other day and he said his last 3 games were close to pathetic. The competition isnt very good up there so the recruiters from every club all thought the same, he just isnt good enough and doesnt have the attitude for AFL footy.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Seems the gap between his good and bad games is too big at his best he could be AFL level but his best comes with long stints of being another country footy plodder ... WAFL is looking shaky for him

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
St Igmata
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Seems the gap between his good and bad games is too big at his best he could be AFL level but his best comes with long stints of being another country footy plodder ... WAFL is looking shaky for him
Yes and of course most rookies will make it... all the others were sure things.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Igmata wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Seems the gap between his good and bad games is too big at his best he could be AFL level but his best comes with long stints of being another country footy plodder ... WAFL is looking shaky for him
Of course they arent but this bloke was rated less chance to make it like about another 100k people playing footy.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

St Igmata wrote:Yes and of course most rookies will make it... all the others were sure things.
i have no opinion on manson, but i do find it amusing that supporters who've seen little more than a few minutes on youtube have such a strong opinion about a player.

and that they refuse to listen to the collective opinions of 18 teams' worth of recruiting staff who've had a close look at the guy and decided that he's not worth even a rookie spot.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
St Igmata wrote:Yes and of course most rookies will make it... all the others were sure things.
i have no opinion on manson, but i do find it amusing that supporters who've seen little more than a few minutes on youtube have such a strong opinion about a player.

and that they refuse to listen to the collective opinions of 18 teams' worth of recruiting staff who've had a close look at the guy and decided that he's not worth even a rookie spot.
Oh dear!

Common sense raises its ugly head :shock:

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Young Manson was just one of many fancied players who missed out altogether. Particularly some Tassy boys who were touted fairly highly.

SMS
Club Player

too high risk. Yeah he looks nice in that video but obviously hasnt got the attitude! Why risk it? attitude counts for 75% i reckon. You can have the talent but if you dont know how to use the talent or want to use it then you are nbo better off than a talent less bum.

Markworthy!! He could be the next legend of stkilda i reckon. His attitude has got to pick up and if it does OMG what a player he'll be! Thats as much risk as we need to take IMO.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

St Igmata wrote:
Just reporting what I heard ... I personally though he was worth the risk with the PR we could get off it alone but from the person I spoke to he reckons they way it sits now with him he is headed for a future of being the "suburban footy legend "

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:too high risk. Yeah he looks nice in that video but obviously hasnt got the attitude! Why risk it? attitude counts for 75% i reckon. You can have the talent but if you dont know how to use the talent or want to use it then you are nbo better off than a talent less bum.

Markworthy!! He could be the next legend of stkilda i reckon. His attitude has got to pick up and if it does OMG what a player he'll be! Thats as much risk as we need to take IMO.
maybe - but surely having a cool name counts for some % too???

i think the "character" thing can be overblow. look at the crows - team of choirboys. who wants a team like that? not me sir!

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:

Yeah they are so fantastic. They are that good that Barlow. JPod and many more were overlooked by these so called gun recruiters.

I guess guys like Milne and Mitchell were just lucky.