Permission to train - Dowler and a few others

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Permission to train - Dowler and a few others

Ben Casley (GWS), Beau Dowler (Noble Park), James Hallahan (Sandringham), Danny Hughes (Sandringham), Michael Lourey (Sandringham), James Magner (Sandringham), Marcus Marigliani (Sandringham).

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/z ... 6208231870

And Zac with Freo

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

And Heyne with Carlton

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I like Mike Lourey

St Lenny
Club Player

Correct me if I'm wrong. So Zac Dawson decides he wants to go to the Dockers, they get him, we get nothing...................... :evil:

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong. So Zac Dawson decides he wants to go to the Dockers, they get him, we get nothing...................... :evil:
He is uncontracted that's how it works we had the chance to trade him but there was no deal struck ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
St Lenny wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong. So Zac Dawson decides he wants to go to the Dockers, they get him, we get nothing...................... :evil:
He is uncontracted that's how it works we had the chance to trade him but there was no deal struck ...
correct except-
We got salary cap relief

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
It just shows that no other clubs rated him that highly except Freo/Lyon.

saint6
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Fremantle were not prepared to offer anything as they probably knew that he was going to head there anyway.
I can only hope that greater western sydney pick him up in the preseason draft.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Was he even put up for trade? They were negotiating with him at the time.

What pick would he be worth? Probably worth a mid to late second round. Around pick 30. Would have been nice.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

saint6 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Fremantle were not prepared to offer anything as they probably knew that he was going to head there anyway.
Untrue, Freo were working out a last minute deal but both parties ran out of time. I think they tried to swoop in the final few minutes after Walsh deal was done. Was definitely reported on the day that they made a play, probably with a draft pick we wouldnt use in the draft knowing Lyon... so much for not wanting St Kilda players

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
saint6 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Untrue, Freo were working out a last minute deal but both parties ran out of time. I think they tried to swoop in the final few minutes after Walsh deal was done. Was definitely reported on the day that they made a play, probably with a draft pick we wouldnt use in the draft knowing Lyon... so much for not wanting St Kilda players
I doubt Freo would have offered 16, 20 or 29 so it would have been pick 58 for him. Hardly worth it.

St Lenny
Club Player

saint6 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
That would be funny, I am a bit over these players holding it over clubs.

Ross who?
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:I like Mike Lourey

Most selfish player I have ever seen! Massive NO from me.

Blake Acres fan club VIP
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Ross who? wrote:

You obviously didn't watch the youtube clip to get the joke 8-)

Ross who?
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:
Ross who? wrote:

You obviously didn't watch the youtube clip to get the joke 8-)
:lol: :lol: You're right I didn't. Have seen enough of him at Frankston and Sandy to know that Lourey the footballer is not AFL material.

Blake Acres fan club VIP
Bardon Saint
Club Player

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Mini training with the Suns. I hope he gets another crack

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Bardon Saint wrote:http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Mini training with the Suns. I hope he gets another crack
He would be a handy addition to their team. Good luck to him.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Old Mate wrote:
St Ick wrote:
saint6 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
I doubt Freo would have offered 16, 20 or 29 so it would have been pick 58 for him.
Pick 29 for Zac and our pick 35, 37, or 42 would have been another viable option.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
St Ick wrote:
saint6 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
I doubt Freo would have offered 16, 20 or 29 so it would have been pick 58 for him.
Pick 29 for Zac and our pick 35, 37, or 42 would have been another viable option.
An upgrade? Better than nothing. I guess we were still hopeful that Zac would sign with us on a reduced contract.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Better than nothing indeed.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Better than nothing indeed.
I reckon Ross/Freo overrate Zac. I doubt many other clubs would be interested in him TBH and Freo are throwing 300k a year at him. I wouldn't be surprised if Wilkes does just as good, if not better, and I know little about him.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
I reckon Ross/Freo overrate Zac. I doubt many other clubs would be interested in him TBH and Freo are throwing 300k a year at him. I wouldn't be surprised if Wilkes does just as good, if not better, and I know little about him.
Well you mustnt rate how players go in finals if you say a person you know little about will do just as good if not better job than Zac. My guess is will will miss him as we havent really got anyone to replace him.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
Well you mustnt rate how players go in finals if you say a person you know little about will do just as good if not better job than Zac. My guess is will will miss him as we havent really got anyone to replace him.
You also overrate Zac. I guess Raph Clarke is a very good player because he had a good final series a few years back?

Zac is the laughing stock of opposition supporters and there is a reason you know, he's a very average AFL player.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
You also overrate Zac. I guess Raph Clarke is a very good player because he had a good final series a few years back?

Zac is the laughing stock of opposition supporters and there is a reason you know, he's a very average AFL player.
I dont go around surveying opposition supporters and I care even less with what they say. I have no idea what Clarkes form of a few years back has to do with Zac's over the last 3 years but hey i dont understand a lot that you say. Just tell me when a bag has been kicked on Zac. I cant remember.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

I dont go around surveying opposition supporters and I care even less with what they say. I have no idea what Clarkes form of a few years back has to do with Zac's over the last 3 years but hey i dont understand a lot that you say. Just tell me when a bag has been kicked on Zac. I cant remember.
So you have know idea who opposition supporters rate and don't rate? You don't need to 'go around surveying opposition supporters' to know. Ignorant answer to avoid the obvious.

And you don't get the reference with Clarke? Geez you're dumb. Let me explain it a little slower for you. You said Dawson had a good finals series therefor you rate him. Clarke had a good finals series but that doesn't mean he's not an average player, like Dawson. Get it?

When was the last time a player kicked a bag against St Kilda? Doesn't happen with our defence. I do know that when Zac is one out he generally gets beat. I remember Setanta towling him up in round 24 this year.