What a shambles...

Keep Dawosn, Gram and Ray and lose the guy weve put 2 yrs of footy into for a mid 30's pick in a weak draft?

Apart rom Saad, I think this little periods been a flop and reckon we must still be under enormous salary cap pressure as I cant see how losing Lynch/Walsh free's up much.

So dissapointed.

Sick of clubs - first Freo and now Sydney - clearly picking us over months out. FFS Id like to return the favour on Sydney big time....**** hate those pretend Sth Melbourne fans "the bloods".....pfft...get your own history you flogs.

Id have prefered to lose Gram for 35 and kept Walsh, but clearly in his chat with Watters Tmooy made it clear he was Sydney bound one way or another...........which is really dissapointing.

tweedaletomanning

Re: What a shambles...

Teflon wrote:Keep Dawosn, Gram and Ray and lose the guy weve put 2 yrs of footy into for a mid 30's pick in a weak draft?

Apart rom Saad, I think this little periods been a flop and reckon we must still be under enormous salary cap pressure as I cant see how losing Lynch/Walsh free's up much.

So dissapointed.

Sick of clubs - first Freo and now Sydney - clearly picking us over months out. FFS Id like to return the favour on Sydney big time....**** hate those pretend Sth Melbourne fans "the bloods".....pfft...get your own history you flogs.

Id have prefered to lose Gram for 35 and kept Walsh, but clearly in his chat with Watters Tmooy made it clear he was Sydney bound one way or another...........which is really dissapointing.
Sooooo... Pelchen's NOT the Messiah??? :shock:

Re: What a shambles...

tweedaletomanning wrote:
Teflon wrote:Keep Dawosn, Gram and Ray and lose the guy weve put 2 yrs of footy into for a mid 30's pick in a weak draft?

So dissapointed.

Sooooo... Pelchen's NOT the Messiah??? :shock:
is all that at the feet of pelchen?

widen the vision.....without pelchen in this period when we had no coach I reckon things may have been worse??? :!:

We didn't have the room in the salary cap to match the Sydney offer.
The only way this could have been done is if some of the senior players took a pay cut.

Might've helped if we'd had a coach for more than the last few minutes too.

We screwed them over in the Dempster/Schneider deal.

Maybe it's karma.

longtimesaint wrote:We didn't have the room in the salary cap to match the Sydney offer.
Gotta be the main factor.

Maybe the fact the club keeps saying the SC isn't as dire as some are saying is more the case?

longtimesaint wrote:We didn't have the room in the salary cap to match the Sydney offer.
Gotta be the main factor.
Exactly, not too hard to fathom that one. Anyone who thinks we let him walk for a rookie's wage is kidding themselves. However, 2 picks are pretty handy for an untried player.

I'm not convinced the clubs feel it is a shallow draft, there's been a lot of trading in the 30's to the 60's.

why did sydney go so hard for walsh?
surely ross didn't value him and passed this on to roos who passed it on to longmuir.
the alternative makes you wonder about ross's motives in not playing him.
instead he left walsh frustrated and happy to leave.

I’m as disappointed as anyone on here about how the Tommy Walsh deal went down, but less than an hour later I’m getting over it.

And here’s my nomination for today’s silliest comment.

The loss of Tommy Walsh may, just may, provide a lifeline to the almost universally panned Paul Cahill. He’s been in the system a few years and just like Walsh, he has kicked 6 goals in a VFL game for Sandy. A sudden dearth of height may see us persist with the often injured, often maligned forward.

Let’s see what you’ve got PC :)

Unless of course you get delisted in a couple of week’s time :wink:

Dr Spaceman wrote:Unless of course you get delisted in a couple of week’s time :wink:
:lol: Strap yourself in Spacey, I reckon he could be near the top.

NEW FREO

St Kilda has become the new Fremantle.
We recruit crap
Then when we find a player with potential we trade him for worthless draft picks.
Those picks will then be used speculating on crap.
Eventually all the club is left with is crap.
Last edited by ace on Mon 17 Oct 2011 2:59pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hemi Baxter

It's amazing how the more often a player is mentioned in trade discussions the higher his worth rises in the minds of supporters everywhere.
Sydney have traded pick 35 in a shallow draft for a guy who has shown a bit in the two's and who is more noted for not playing than for what he's done... a slowish bloke... long kick ... fair mark... has trouble reading the play.

Hawks were robbed with Renouf for pick thirty something.

evertonfc wrote:We screwed them over in the Dempster/Schneider deal.

Maybe it's karma.
We picked up their rubbish they head hunted our player.

Maybe it's karma.
So 2 winning GF players are rubbish where as they headhunted a no game player. I get it.

SainterK wrote:Hawks were robbed with Renouf for pick thirty something.
Replace Hawks with Saints and Renouf with Lynch... we would've done the same thing, actually we did. We got King and Gardiner for pick 90, when Geelong couldn't keep King under their salary cap.

It happens, and its nothing against Sydney, they are doing what we'd all do. Suprised they gave up pick 35 to be honest.

I didn't think clubs could talk to players outside of the trade period? Has this changed? Especially since I read about the Bombers talking to Caddy and supporting him over the next year or whatever they've said. Is it too early for a player to nominate a team for next years trade period ala Clark, Gunston, Gillies, Caddy?

I want tomorrows headline to be from Judd nominating St Kilda for the 2012 trade period... :lol:

Walsh wasnt going to Sydney "one way or another" He wanted out of St Kilda..the Club have made this pretty clear. If he'd walked to the draft he'd most likely be in the outer edges of Sydney in 2012 not the chardy sipping Bloods.

Im old school, but Im bitterly dissapointed that he's walked from a Club that put two years of development into him, and took a chance by drafting him in the first place. Watters stated bluntly he was wanted, for his leadership qualities too, but he still walks

Club got what they could for him, and the deal was fine based on his form not his reputation. There'd have been a riot if we'd let him go to the draft and got nothing for him, admit it

saint66au wrote:Walsh wasnt going to Sydney "one way or another" He wanted out of St Kilda..the Club have made this pretty clear. If he'd walked to the draft he'd most likely be in the outer edges of Sydney in 2012 not the chardy sipping Bloods.

Im old school, but Im bitterly dissapointed that he's walked from a Club that put two years of development into him, and took a chance by drafting him in the first place. Watters stated bluntly he was wanted, for his leadership qualities too, but he still walks

Club got what they could for him, and the deal was fine based on his form not his reputation. There'd have been a riot if we'd let him go to the draft and got nothing for him, admit it

Maybe it's karma.
So 2 winning GF players are rubbish where as they headhunted a no game player. I get it.
They chose to unload their guys. They offered a larger contract to one of our rookies. We didn't go to them and say here is more money. Sorry you couldn't understand i will try to make a more simple point for you next time.

Maybe it's karma.
They chose to unload their guys. They offered a larger contract to one of our rookies. We didn't go to them and say here is more money. Sorry you couldn't understand i will try to make a more simple point for you next time.
Sorry i didnt realise you were involved in the recruiting of Schneider and dempster.

And here’s my nomination for today’s silliest comment.

The loss of Tommy Walsh may, just may, provide a lifeline to the almost universally panned Paul Cahill. He’s been in the system a few years and just like Walsh, he has kicked 6 goals in a VFL game for Sandy. A sudden dearth of height may see us persist with the often injured, often maligned forward.

Let’s see what you’ve got PC :)

Unless of course you get delisted in a couple of week’s time :wink:
Although that's not my quote, I too think PC may be the great white hope.
Like a phoenix, he will rise from the Ashes of Tommy Walsh....

(Unless he is delisted of course).

I just have a feeling about Cahill........

Maybe it's karma.
Sorry i didnt realise you were involved in the recruiting of Schneider and dempster.
...and you were? We should have known!

Maybe it's karma.
...and you were? We should have known!
I obviously wasnt but I wasnt the one who said how the trade worked. Again you should read before writing.