3 Coaches Left In Race

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

3 Coaches Left In Race

Herald Scum have edited original story.. Notice the speculation part, yea speculation & lies that they themselves started!!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/t ... 6166706968

STKILDA has assured Alan Richardson he remains in the race to win the Saints coaching job.

Speculation swept the football world that the highly-rated Carlton assistant coach had been unsuccessful in his application.

But the club told Richardson today that he is still in the mix, along with Gold Coast assistant Ken Hinkley and Collingwood defensive coach Scott Watters.

The Saints' sub-committee is expected to make their final recommendations over the weekend.

The trio made their final presentations to the club on Thursday.

Ross Lyon's replacement could be named as soon as Monday.

savatage
SS Life Member

I find it all hilarious myself.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

savatage wrote:I find it all hilarious myself.
Same here. Clearly noone except those on the selection panel have any idea on who is going to get the job, or who are the front runners.

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

There must been some pretty unreliable ''sources'' for the Herald Sun these days. Posting crap left right and centre.

I'm tipping Hinkley will get the nod early next week.

Carpe Diem
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Jay Clark has been shortlisted for the Olympic Diving Team now that he has perfected the BACKFLIP !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Unforgiven wrote:There must been some pretty unreliable ''sources'' for the Herald Sun these days. Posting crap left right and centre.

I'm tipping Hinkley will get the nod early next week.
Independently on here that's all 3 that have been tipped as the winner....

obviously someone will be right.....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I suspect that Michael Nettlefold, Nathan Burke, Chris Pelchen and the rest of the St Kilda Board and Executive are having a quiet chuckle at all this SPECULATIVE STUPIDITY !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Tassie Saint
Club Player
Location: In the wilds of Tassie - Where boys become men, and cousins become wives

did a bit of a google around to find out a bit more about the coaches - not their history, but some actual press conferences and stuff with them. Get a feel for their style, how they carry themselves, etc.
Not a whole lot about for Alan Richardson or Scott Waters. The video of Richardson on the CFC website about his appointment had me fairly impressed. Hinkley on the other hand there is a lot of "The Analyser" Gold Coast videos where he talks through various video edits which show the skills that they are trying to teach their team, or places where things have gone wrong.

Overall, my non-expert opinion says all three of these guys are impressive and well spoken. They have experience and they have varied levels of input from other respected senior coaches. I think I would prefer Richardson of the lot, but would be happy also with Hinkley (I couldn't give a stuff that he left us once, the Saints handled that whole thing rather poorly and I don't blame him for having loyalty to the bloke who brought him on board in the first place).

I am very interested to see what sort of assistant coaches we get too, I think they are almost more valuable than the head guy at times. SOS was very good for us, I'd love to see Harves continue at the club, my heart says I'd love Maxy in to coach, not sure who else is out there though.

Caaaaaarn you Sainters!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Has anyone apologised on the Hutchy thread?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I suspect that Michael Nettlefold, Nathan Burke, Chris Pelchen and the rest of the St Kilda Board and Executive are having a quiet chuckle at all this SPECULATIVE STUPIDITY !!
I couldn't care less what Nettlefold thinks.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I suspect that Michael Nettlefold, Nathan Burke, Chris Pelchen and the rest of the St Kilda Board and Executive are having a quiet chuckle at all this SPECULATIVE STUPIDITY !!
they sure would be, and as much as I want them to hurry up and name the coach, I am enjoying watching the media falling all ovrthemselves to get the scoop, amusing really

I love this club
savatage
SS Life Member

Stillwaiting wrote:
they sure would be, and as much as I want them to hurry up and name the coach, I am enjoying watching the media falling all ovrthemselves to get the scoop, amusing really
Club hasn't said a word....they gave the timeline & basics & have left it at that. Beautiful work.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Has anyone apologised on the Hutchy thread?
Kosi probably will seeing someone got a name wrong somewhere !!

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:
Club hasn't said a word....they gave the timeline & basics & have left it at that. Beautiful work.
yep sure is

I love this club
GoTheTorp
Club Player

No one knows except the panel, could even be smokey in there :shock:

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Imsure the feeling is mutual

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

GoTheTorp wrote:No one knows except the panel, could even be smokey in there :shock:
The way they have kept everything under wraps im betting there is still a outsider in the mix.

loris
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
And I bet the feeling is reciprocated by Nettlefold. :wink: :wink:

battye
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
GoTheTorp wrote:No one knows except the panel, could even be smokey in there :shock:
The way they have kept everything under wraps im betting there is still a outsider in the mix.
Post it on Twitter preceded by the word "CONFIRMED", I bet Herald Sun will publish it and attribute it to a "source" at the "club".

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

battye wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:
Post it on Twitter preceded by the word "CONFIRMED", I bet Herald Sun will publish it and attribute it to a "source" at the "club".
:lol: :lol: or at least Kim Hagdorn & SportsLiesFirst will run with it...