Saints running scared on coaching decision, says GT

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Saints running scared on coaching decision, says GT

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/f ... 6162511277
GRANT Thomas has lashed out at his former club over its search for a new coach, saying the Saints were "petrified of making a decision".

The former Saints coach attacked the club's process to find a replacement for Ross Lyon on Twitter following chief executive Michael Nettlefold's weekend revelation that 40 candidates had been interviewed for the role.

Nettlefold told the club's best-and-fairest function on Saturday night that the club's list of candidates had been cut to 10 and this would be reduced to two or three this week.
Last edited by bigcarl on Mon 10 Oct 2011 1:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

What? Does he want us to rush into it?

You're not involved any more GT, shut up and piss off.

They walk amongst us...

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

They are devoid of leadership and petrified of making a decision. Paranoia. I'm scared. Worried about off-field leadership and decision-making. We are delicately poised on the precipice."

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Geez this blokes a disease that managed to eek some form of AFL credibility off the back of coaching our club. Poor Grant reckons we have "indecision" cause......guess what.....he aint running the show!!

What a disgrace to come out publicly, constantly just bagging the club - we ALL know Grant needs a job back in footy for credibility......and smells some saints board strife so he's thinking..."here comes good old Grant to save us"

Ferk off you imbecile - "the saints coaching process" worked just fine last time - infact we actually managed to turn up a coach that got us to a GF and handed you your ass on a platter.

You fat, over blown meglomaniac - Im ashamed we handed you the job so long ago.

Take ure cash you eeked out of us and ferk off.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
They are devoid of leadership and petrified of making a decision. Paranoia. I'm scared. Worried about off-field leadership and decision-making. We are delicately poised on the precipice."
Oh No......who could save us....lets guess......GRANT CAN!!

What a clown - does he realise half the time on Footy Classified the rest of the panel is laughing at him???????????????

“Yeah….nah””
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Tony Shaw = Grant Thomas. Who listens to either of these clowns when comenting on there ex clubs.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
savatage
SS Life Member

Seriously STFU you petulant wanker.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Thomas is right!

40 candidates :shock:

What a joke these footy first clowns are!

After Nettlefold completely ****** up and we lost a brilliant highly respected coach that this board inherited it clearly shows how out of their depth these idiots are!

I'm still trying to figure out how you have a supermarket guy on the selection committee as if having Nettlefold there himself isn't bad enough. :shock:

Has he not ****** up enough already!:shock:

At least they have Brad Johnson :shock:

I just hope they've interviewed this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVub6EDYovg

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:Thomas is right!

40 candidates :shock:

What a joke these footy first clowns are!

After Nettlefold completely ****** up and we lost a brilliant highly respected coach that this board inherited it clearly shows how out of their depth these idiots are!

I'm still trying to figure out how you have a supermarket guy on the selection committee as if having Nettlefold there himself isn't bad enough. :shock:

Has he not ****** up enough already!:shock:

At least they have Brad Johnson :shock:

I just hope they've interviewed this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVub6EDYovg
I reckon youve go this one wrong Barks....time may tell....anyrate, suggesting Thomas gets anything right ought to give you a clue....

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

You mean Saints are being comprehensive and making sure they make the right decision.

:shock:

:?

I much prefer the reckless, mismanaged, knee jerk approach to things.

:wink:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: I reckon youve go this one wrong Barks....time may tell....anyrate, suggesting Thomas gets anything right ought to give you a clue....
Are you working on the premise that by the law of averages the board would have to get something right eventually?

The current board could not organise a root in a brothel!

Nettlefold on the selection committee should be of REAL CONCERN!

Should be SACKED NOW before he gets a chance to **** UP AGAIN!

savatage
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:You mean Saints are being comprehensive and making sure they make the right decision.
:
I know! The insanity of it...right??

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote: I know! The insanity of it...right??

The insanity is having a fruitcake CEO who ****** up and lost a coach generally regarded in the industry as one of the best going around!

Going on FC and spruiking he will be our coach next year, then when it's pointed out that there is a GET OUT CLAUSE he then bumbles on with " spirit of the contract" :roll: :shock:

You've got to be kidding, surely

Is this ****** amateur hour or what!

Lyon leaving was actually honouring the spirit of the contract that these clowns amended when they inserted the GET OUT CLAUSE!

Then they appoint a supermarket guy, Brad Johnson to advise on football matters....but's what's worse and MUCH worse is the guy responsible for the entire mess and fiasco is himself on the selection committee!

That is truly insane!

I'd have more faith in Gomer Pyle, Forrest Gump and Mr Bean to get it right than these footy first clowns!

savatage
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:

The insanity is having a fruitcake CEO who ****** up and lost a coach generally regarded in the industry as one of the best going around!

Going on FC and spruiking he will be our coach next year, then when it's pointed out that there is a GET OUT CLAUSE he then bumbles on with " spirit of the contract" :roll: :shock:

Lyon leaving was actually honouring the spirit of the contract that these clowns amended when they inserted the GET OUT CLAUSE!

Then they appoint a supermarket guy, Brad Johnson to advise on football matters....but's what's worse and MUCH worse is the guy responsible for the entire mess and fiasco is himself on the selection committee!

That is truly insane!

I'd have more faith in Gomer Pyle, Forrest Gump and Mr Bean to get it right than these footy first clowns!
You need medication & a ward on your own.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Teflon wrote:Geez this blokes a disease that managed to eek some form of AFL credibility off the back of coaching our club. Poor Grant reckons we have "indecision" cause......guess what.....he aint running the show!!

What a disgrace to come out publicly, constantly just bagging the club - we ALL know Grant needs a job back in footy for credibility......and smells some saints board strife so he's thinking..."here comes good old Grant to save us"

Ferk off you imbecile - "the saints coaching process" worked just fine last time - infact we actually managed to turn up a coach that got us to a GF and handed you your ass on a platter.

This sums it all up.

How this guy gets any oxygen in the football media is beyond me.

The Saints are coming!
goodie
Club Player

Last time we were looking for a coach, we went through a gradual, careful process and wound up with a pretty fair coach. A mercenary, but a coach.

The time before that, we took the incumbent caretaker and didn't really have a look around. We wound up with a numpty.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

That is truly insane!

So how could they have kept him? Should they have matched Freo, they didn't have that option. He had a contract but they chose not to force him to honour it if he was going anyway. I would love to know how anyone could have foreseen the tsunami coming. They are now not just signing up the first guy to enter the building, possibly because there are no other clubs still looking for senior coaches and the getting it right might be important.

philtee
Club Player

CAN YOU SPOT WHICH RECENT FORMER COACH HAS THE BIGGEST MOUTH...
Ken Sheldon - rarely seen or heard saying anything about the Saints.
Stan Alves - rarely seen or heard saying anything about the Saints.
Tim Watson - doesn't dare say anything about the Saints.
Malcolm Blight - hmm, occasionally takes a few potshots.
BUT GRANT THOMAS - HE JUST CAN'T STOP HIMSELF !

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:Geez this blokes a disease that managed to eek some form of AFL credibility off the back of coaching our club. Poor Grant reckons we have "indecision" cause......guess what.....he aint running the show!!

Be realistic Teffers. Rocket Rod wasn't exactly the best partner in crime for a while either.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

That is truly insane!

BlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlah
BlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlah4F**kingEva :( :(

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Surely we didnt interview 40 people. Even 10 is to much. Yes the decision should be made very carefully but to me there is no excuse for not having a coach by trade week. Pelchan may have to trade Gilbert where as the new coach may want Dawson out. All to late if he is appointed later next week.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Mr Rent A Quote at it again

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

more likely 40 candidates applied

and they sorted through them

wouldn't want to take a comment out of context would we

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I would have thought that the LAST person to be making comments about a "process"( :roll: ) for appointing a coach at St Kilda FC is Mr. Thomas. Particularly in view of his involvement in the whole "Blight fiasco" :roll:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Barks, whilst I agree with you that Nettlefold should be fired, I think you
just may be overreacting again.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.