If I was Pelchen, I would be pushing Freo for this deal.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

End Of An Era
Club Player

If I was Pelchen, I would be pushing Freo for this deal.....

Clinton Jones and Brett Peake plus our Round 3 selection (pick 56), for Fremantle's Round 1 selection (pick 16).

This would give us much needed salary cap space and depending on how good our recruiting department is, a gun youngster.

Question 1. As St Kilda supporters, would you take this deal?

Question 2. Do you think Toss Lying would accept this deal?

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Question 1- Yes

Question 2- No way in hell

They're going to trade pick 16 to Brisbane for Clark, that's almost a certainty.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

not gonna happen...lol

they'll use pick 16 to get mitch clark (and give a player).

peake to freo and swap second round picks (our 38 for their 34) is the way to go, and the best we'd get (my picks might be a bit off???).

peake for a pick wouldn't even be worth a fourth rounder...

jones a third, at best.

St Loxton
Club Player

Have either of them said that they want to return home?

Hunter Clark 2024 StKilda Saints Premiership captain.
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Is Peake desperate to leave St Kilda? I haven't read or heard that anywhere bar on here, I for one would be pretty upset if he left, he turns his career around this year and we don't want another club to reap the rewards of it. His kicking can be a little wayward, but his pace and workrate are unbelievable.

Its funny in a way, as CJ and Peake are the two in the batch of players with questionable skills that I think are ultra important to us going forward. I mean, both players have deficiencies, but both can do a job that noone else can do to the same ability on our list.

BUT, if both wanted to leave the Saints, it would be tough to work out a good deal considering Freo will be putting all there chips into the Clark or O'Meara deal. I doubt their first pick will be on the table once the Lions have had their way with them.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:Question 1- Yes

They're going to trade pick 16 to Brisbane for Clark, that's almost a certainty.
clarke going to eagles i reckon.
eagles have ebert to play with.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
#1GILL wrote:Question 1- Yes

clarke going to eagles i reckon.
eagles have ebert to play with.
ebert has nominated port so they would have to be involved as well

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

We got Peake with pick 48. I reckon his stocks have risen since he came to St Kilda.

I don't understand how hated/underrated this bloke is. He was one of our better players this season and will finish top ten in the B&F for sure.

Strength through Loyalty
degruch
Saintsational Legend

There's no way in hell the club would trade Peake...madness.

End Of An Era
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:not gonna happen...lol

they'll use pick 16 to get mitch clark (and give a player).

peake to freo and swap second round picks (our 38 for their 34) is the way to go, and the best we'd get (my picks might be a bit off???).

peake for a pick wouldn't even be worth a fourth rounder...

jones a third, at best.
Why would we give Peake to Freo to only improve our second round pick by 4 spots? No way would I take that. I'd rather keep Peake at the Saints.
Last edited by End Of An Era on Fri 07 Oct 2011 2:36pm, edited 1 time in total.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:We got Peake with pick 48. I reckon his stocks have risen since he came to St Kilda.

I don't understand how hated/underrated this bloke is. He was one of our better players this season and will finish top ten in the B&F for sure.
Both players are worth keeping and a new player isn't going to help us make one last dash for a premiership unless they are an extremely talented player. Jones is still the best tagger in the comp and won't need to play as our in and under mid where his disposal isn't as good as others.

rocketrod7
Club Player

St Ick wrote:We got Peake with pick 48. I reckon his stocks have risen since he came to St Kilda.

Sure his kicking is suspect, but his gut running and work rate can not be questioned. I would be shocked if he wanted out, as I think he has come of age this year.
Hope he doesn't turn his back on us now. Amazed how many people don't rate him. Imagine if he could kick a bit better :!:

I am not an animal.
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

I'm fairly sure that Jones is just about gone. I think Peake will stay.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:I'm fairly sure that Jones is just about gone. I think Peake will stay.
there's a poster on here that is very confident that he's all but gone.

i'm assuming it's to freo, or possibly wc.

End Of An Era
Club Player

gringo wrote:

Both players are worth keeping and a new player isn't going to help us make one last dash for a premiership unless they are an extremely talented player. Jones is still the best tagger in the comp and won't need to play as our in and under mid where his disposal isn't as good as others.
I can't believe that there are still posters on here that still believe we have any chance at a premiership next year. We are on the slide now after nearly 10 years at the top.
The time to rebuild is now!!!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
#1GILL wrote:I'm fairly sure that Jones is just about gone. I think Peake will stay.

If he goes it will be to our clubs embarrassment, he will tear it up and we will all bitch about him when he is a star at his new club. We had better get something good for him especially if Ross is trying to get him. Maybe we should try to get Gaff off WC.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

I'd keep Peake and Jones - obviously we'd probably like to see both of them replaced by youngsters steeping up, particularly in light of dodgy kicking skills, but they are certainly well worth keeping on the list. Jones is the new Jack Daniels, foot skills are ordinary and will probably never improve now, but always gives his best and has been handy as a tagger. From memory wasn't he the guy who killed Boomer Harvey last year? And has done a similar job on Wells this year, who had, by all accounts, a pretty decent season.
Need 'em both for depth.
As for pick 56 - well.... we could have got Barlow a few years ago with a late draft pick and sounds as though some of those Port Melbourne players might be worth a gamble in a compromised draft.
As several of the previous posters have already suggested Mitch will be going to Freo if anywhere.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

If he goes it will be to our clubs embarrassment, he will tear it up and we will all bitch about him when he is a star at his new club. We had better get something good for him especially if Ross is trying to get him. Maybe we should try to get Gaff off WC.
we'd need a top 5 draft pick to get gaff and i've heard he's close to signing with wc...may have already.

another rumour which may be linked: we've put in an offer for jack gunston - i don't know if that could be related - we have a few wa players that are rumoured to have asked for a trade to a wa club - brad ebert wants to go to sa (preferably port) - and we want gunston.

jones and peake > wc

ebert > adel

gunston > st k

unlikely but one can dream - i would certainly take a promising 19 year old kpp for peake and jones. :D

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: If I was Pelchen, I would be pushing Freo for this deal.

End Of An Era wrote:Question 2. Do you think Toss Lying would accept this deal?
I wouldn't do business with him. He can't be trusted.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Old Mate wrote:
gringo wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

we'd need a top 5 draft pick to get gaff and i've heard he's close to signing with wc...may have already.

another rumour which may be linked: we've put in an offer for jack gunston - i don't know if that could be related - we have a few wa players that are rumoured to have asked for a trade to a wa club - brad ebert wants to go to sa (preferably port) - and we want gunston.

jones and peake > wc

ebert > adel

gunston > st k

unlikely but one can dream - i would certainly take a promising 19 year old kpp for peake and jones. :D
Interesting, apart from the fact Ebert wants to go to Port, Gunston wants to go to Hawks and Jones/Peake are linked with Freo.

Take those factors away and I can't see how that wont work.

Strength through Loyalty
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
Interesting, apart from the fact Ebert wants to go to Port, Gunston wants to go to Hawks and Jones/Peake are linked with Freo.

Take those factors away and I can't see how that wont work.
my understanding is that those particular players have preferences however are open to other teams as long as they return to their home state.

anyway i was just suggesting that as the real rumour was only jack gunston coming to st kilda

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Ive got an idea. Lets keep both players if they want to stay. How the hell does pick 60 help us next year or probably ever.

saint6
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Ive got an idea. Lets keep both players if they want to stay. How the hell does pick 60 help us next year or probably ever.
could not agree more - dont understand why everyone wants to trade our players - cj has been outstanding all year - sure his kicking is not the best in the league but at least he gets in there and gets the ball.
Peake has been one of our better players this year and at least he has some space.
Lets just see how both these players go with a new coaching style before we start passing judgement.

jaxons
Club Player

What about Farren Ray and Zac Dawson for Zac Clarke straight swap??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:What about Farren Ray and Zac Dawson for Zac Clarke straight swap??
Or even those two for Fyffe and we get a second rounder from Freo.