At least Gardi won his last game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

At least Gardi won his last game

If he plays next week we may as well hand in the keys. Otherwise Ban cant play because both cant. Coincidence maybe but the game changed the second we had only one real ruckman in the 21. Has to be Ben or MG. I vote Ben who has done the job all year.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I reckon you've gotta get rid of your anti-gardi agenda plugger...

I want the selection commitee to select a side based on beating the Swans, if that includes big Mick or not, we'll see.

I can live with it if he is in or out, but for some reason, you appear to dislike him in the side.

Are you Ben's manager? :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I reckon you've gotta get rid of your anti-gardi agenda plugger...

I want the selection commitee to select a side based on beating the Swans, if that includes big Mick or not, we'll see.

I can live with it if he is in or out, but for some reason, you appear to dislike him in the side.

Are you Ben's manager? :wink:
Well it is the 21 year old who got us here or the 30 year old with one game. Maybe you need to take the blinkers off because both cant play. It actually hinders our forward with both in the side.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: At least Gardi won his last game

plugger66 wrote: Coincidence maybe but the game changed the second we had only one real ruckman in the 21.
I saw two out there in the second half ... Ben and Kosi.

But we were light on for key forwards with Riewoldt being spanked.

To the top
SS Life Member

Hence Dawson going forward.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Coincidence maybe but the game changed the second we had only one real ruckman in the 21.

How was that forward line going in the first half? It was pathetic. Because they just ran it out because the forward line was so slow.

rexy
SS Life Member

Dawson went forward not only for forward structure but also as he didnt have a good match up in the back line when the Carlton forward line went so small, it was as much a necessity as a master stroke!

Kosi is not the same type of ruckman as Ben or Gardi! Not as big, more mobile.

We cant play both in the same side i agree, but it is good to know that he has a half under his belt to replace an injury to either Kosi or Ben!

Also may come in handy if we were to meet West Coast in the finals? Maybe

Maybe this year?
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Gardi played well during his 2 quarters, especially at the centre bounces. Mummford cleaned Macca up last time we played,, but Kosi wasn't there to help out.

I would be happy with both Gardi & Macca in next week, leaving Kosi in the forward line, as Roberts-Thompson usually plays well against Rooey.

However, Etihad is a much smaller ground, so it may not require two big ruckmen - I will leave it to the selectors, who got it right against Carlton.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

Just remember Macca got destroyed by Mumford the other week in the ruck, I wouldn't be surprised if Gardi played to offer support

Sainter for life.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

How was that forward line going in the first half? It was pathetic. Because they just ran it out because the forward line was so slow.
Agree. Three ruckmen and one key forward (being badly beaten) is less than ideal for team balance,
Last edited by bigcarl on Sun 04 Sep 2011 1:59am, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:Gardi played well during his 2 quarters, especially at the centre bounces. Mummford cleaned Macca up last time we played,, but Kosi wasn't there to help out.

I would be happy with both Gardi & Macca in next week, leaving Kosi in the forward line, as Roberts-Thompson usually plays well against Rooey.

However, Etihad is a much smaller ground, so it may not require two big ruckmen - I will leave it to the selectors, who got it right against Carlton.
Do you really think the 2 ruckmen worked. We were actually disgraceful in the first half considering how uninterested the Blues were. Armo come in next week for MG or Ben, hopefully MG and even though Blake was good we could even get rid of him. That will not happen though so the obvious change is MG for Armo. Mark it down 100%.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Junction Oval wrote:Gardi played well during his 2 quarters, especially at the centre bounces. Mummford cleaned Macca up last time we played,, but Kosi wasn't there to help out.

Do you really think the 2 ruckmen worked. We were actually disgraceful in the first half considering how uninterested the Blues were. Armo come in next week for MG or Ben, hopefully MG and even though Blake was good we could even get rid of him. That will not happen though so the obvious change is MG for Armo. Mark it down 100%.
Gardy wasn't too bad but what was the point of bringing him into the first place?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Gardy wasn't too bad but what was the point of bringing him into the first place?
He was actually good and probably better than Ben but you are right, what was the point. Completely stuffed up our whole structure until he was subbed out of the game.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Gardi is finished. End of story

In Armo Out Gradi.

Thanks for the memories. Thanks for coming to St Kilda Gardi.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Ross mentioned that it was Gardi's 200th AFL game
on the saints list it says 181

does anyone know if there would be another 19 counted from somewhere?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
St Lenny
Club Player

Ben got smashed tonight, he makes me nervous when the pressure is on. Has a long way to go.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

I'd feel a lot more happier having MG in the team next week. After mummy smashed Ben a few weeks ago, we need MG there.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
battye
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote:I'd feel a lot more happier having MG in the team next week. After mummy smashed Ben a few weeks ago, we need MG there.
As someone else mentioned, Kosi wasn't in the team to support McEvoy last time - and I think that made a difference.

I thought Gardiner played pretty well, so I'd have no issue with his selection if it came about. But if it didn't, I think having Kosi to support McEvoy will mean things go a bit better than last time.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Macca is sore at the moment from all reports. Perhaps the Gardiner move is being used as a backup.

I would not have a problem if he played again next week. Thought he was more than reasonable in first game back to AFL level football.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:Ross mentioned that it was Gardi's 200th AFL game
on the saints list it says 181

does anyone know if there would be another 19 counted from somewhere?
Ross also said that in 2001 we bottomed out and went 2:20. We won 5 gane that year.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

He was actually good and probably better than Ben but you are right, what was the point. Completely stuffed up our whole structure until he was subbed out of the game.
It was a real question because stuffed if I know. Can't see so many talls playing next week. Gards looked better than Macca in general play.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:If he plays next week we may as well hand in the keys. Otherwise Ban cant play because both cant. Coincidence maybe but the game changed the second we had only one real ruckman in the 21. Has to be Ben or MG. I vote Ben who has done the job all year.
How many threads have you put this thought in....... :roll:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
plugger66 wrote:If he plays next week we may as well hand in the keys. Otherwise Ban cant play because both cant. Coincidence maybe but the game changed the second we had only one real ruckman in the 21. Has to be Ben or MG. I vote Ben who has done the job all year.
How many threads have you put this thought in....... :roll:
Not enough obviously because there are still people who want to play 2 ruckmen. By the way I think that was the only time I typed that so the answer is one.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:Just remember Macca got destroyed by Mumford the other week in the ruck, I wouldn't be surprised if Gardi played to offer support
and just remember that macca was ill during that week.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

has he announced his retirement??