Time for RL to change or leave !

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Time for RL to change or leave !

IMO Ross LYON has gone as far as he is going to go with his defensive lock down game style. If he is not prepared to change and bring some kids through who can play attacking football then it is time for him to go! Granted he did a wonderful job with the players he had, but now it is time to take a gamble and build another team of highly skilled players who can contribute offensively to the team as well as defensively. Players who can hold their own without 2 or 3 team mates having to help them out.

I have never felt so poorly after a SAINTS win - than I have tonight. What a shallow and pointless victory in ended as. Locking down the game for the whole last quarter was absolutley disgraceful. What does making the finals acheive if the teams game style does not improve. They will get spanked by the better teams playing like they did tonight.

This negative game style and RL's insistance upon playing players with major flaws in there game will be his undoing as the SAINTS coach!

Gram was disgraceful! He has to be the softest player in the AFL. He was outbodied and out attacked at the footy by Lindsay Thomas who couldn't win a hard ball against a junior side. Gram is lazy and doesn't work hard enough to pressure his opponent and his kicking skills are abysmal! Yet RL still plays him which is bullshyte!

Dawson is another who without the assstance of half the back line would have 10 goals kicked on him each week. The guy simply does not have any footballing nous what so ever. When he does win the ball he is like a 'rabbit in the spot light' who freezes and then handballs to a team mate and puts them under more pressure than he is. Dawson is a major weak link in our back line and needs to change.

Reiwoldt's inability in front of goal is affecting the whole team. For heavens sake RL take some pressure of him and play some other key forwards. Gamble & Armitage are not the answer and neither is Kosi. But RL will slot him straight back at FF next week - piss weak SAINTS !

Armitage where has he gone. He spends most of the game rotting in the forward line. I cant believe Gilbert still cant hit a target 20 metres away, he kicking is a liability down back, teach him to play forward or trade him.

Until we encourage our mids to take the game on when we win the ball at stoppages, we will never make up ground on the better teams. This habit of handballing backwards to stationary players in no better position is like a cancer going through the team. The better teams know this and go to the ball receivers as they know few of the SIANTS players have the ability to take off and hurt them by foot. They just wait and pick off the ball receiver (Goddard or Dal Santo) at their leisure and then charge forward as all our players are stationary.

Ross LYON this year is your water shed year at the SAINTS, it is time your make some major changes to your footballing philosophies or hand it on to someone who will !

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
SainterX
Club Player

Bring back Allan Jeans :twisted:

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Clearly a winner in the night of full moon posts.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Bring back GT with Timmy as assistant.

Sack Lyon NOW!!!!

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
mullet
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Clearly a winner in the night of full moon posts.
Aahh so that explains it

SainterX
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Bring back GT with Timmy as assistant.

Sack Lyon NOW!!!!

And Blight for our after game bonding sessions on the ground :lol:

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Why do you call yourself Winners Only, if your not happy with a win?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
Aahh so that explains it
Actually i dont know if it is but surely it must be. Never in my time as a SS watcher have I seen so many negative posts and this is coming off 4 wins for the year.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Must admit, it is a much better troll than St.Nick :D :D

At least there was some thought put into it, even though it was mostly drivvel.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
mullet
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
mullet wrote:
Aahh so that explains it
Actually i dont know if it is but surely it must be. Never in my time as a SS watcher have I seen so many negative posts and this is coming off 4 wins for the year.
School holidays then :?:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I need an IP tracking device and a baseball bat.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
mullet wrote:
Aahh so that explains it
School holidays then :?:
Yep, Tiger + school hols + a win is just too much for some...

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Back to the SAINTS of old are we ?

SainterK wrote:Why do you call yourself Winners Only, if your not happy with a win?
Back to the SAINTS of old are we ?

Happy with the occasional WIN - hey and dont offend our precious players or our coach they WON us two Runner Ups trophies!

saint tash
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:I need an IP tracking device and a baseball bat.
Why do u need a baseball bat?????

Oh when the saints go charging in!
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Gold :lol: :lol: :lol:

We already have one hero who is Ross Lyon's personal internet coaching advisor, and this fruit loop apparently has the board's ear.

Nothing like a bit of patchy form to bring out mental health issues in the supporter base. :shock:

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saint tash wrote:
The Fireman wrote:I need an IP tracking device and a baseball bat.
Why do u need a baseball bat?????
Your right...I probably don't.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Look, I'm always glad to win, but here are some interesting stats from the game.

We had 108 uncontested marks to 38.

We had 106 short kicks to 42.

We had 261 uncontested possessions to 155,

Yet somehow North won the inside 50s by 53-47.

And we won by 9 points, not scoring after the 13-minute mark of the third quarter.

Obviously we had a lot more of the ball, but our reluctance to take any sort of risks and move the ball quickly ... even if it means kicking to a contest ... is an issue.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Sack Lyon NOW!!!!
Graeme Gellie as another assistant

I love this club
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:

Sack Lyon NOW!!!!
Graeme Gellie as another assistant
No he is to wobbly. We have our best coach. Someone with a bit of roar.
Last edited by plugger66 on Sun 03 Jul 2011 9:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:Look, I'm always glad to win, but here are some interesting stats from the game.

And we won by 9 points, not scoring after the 13-minute mark of the third quarter.

Obviously we had a lot more of the ball, but our reluctance to take any sort of risks and move the ball quickly ... even if it means kicking to a contest ... is an issue.
spot on BC.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:Look, I'm always glad to win, but here are some interesting stats from the game.

Did you like Rooy deeper today and Lynch forward?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

To be fair, I'd have been hestitant to....

Thought process of a mid probably something like

'Do I kick it to Roo'
'Maybe I'm putting to much pressure on him'
'He might miss it again'
'Is there another option'
'oh no, there goes the lead'
'Time to switch'

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

You guys relly are key board cowards aren't you!

InkerSaint wrote:Gold :lol: :lol: :lol:

We already have one hero who is Ross Lyon's personal internet coaching advisor, and this fruit loop apparently has the board's ear.

Nothing like a bit of patchy form to bring out mental health issues in the supporter base. :shock:
You guys really are a pack of key board cowards aren't you! You all wait like a pack if pathetic hyenas for a poster to add someting that one of you mighten agree with and pounce like the heros you trully are.

How about one of you coming up with some constructive thoughts - no you woudln't have the balls one of your so called pack might turn on you!

If you honesltly believe the way the SAINTS played today is going to take us anywhere then we are in trouble....

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Did you like Rooy deeper today and Lynch forward?
Certainly did. Still mystified as to why Lynch was substituted???

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Ok I'll respond.

How about North in the last, we weren't just running around without an opposition?

How did you suggest the Saints counteract the fact that they got the ascendency?

It wasn't Dal, Joey, Steven, Armo that pushed back, they were still in the middle, just North lifted and started smashing us in the clearances.

Smart footy is recognising that, and trying to limit the damage.

What was the alternative?