Some love for the Yapper

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mcadam05
Club Player

Some love for the Yapper

i just dont get the bagging of Milne so i post some goodness

ENJOY!

georgie girl
Club Player

People can be very quick to 'bag' players when things go wrong, but Milney has been one of our more consistent players this year. He has so often been one of our few good players! He has improved his defensive game so much. Always exciting when he gets his hands on the ball.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

georgie girl wrote:People can be very quick to 'bag' players when things go wrong, but Milney has been one of our more consistent players this year. He has so often been one of our few good players! He has improved his defensive game so much. Always exciting when he gets his hands on the ball.
+44 :)

noreason41
Club Player

Look at how good Luke Ball was :(

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

He was quiet the other night, but it was the first time in a long time. Go Milney! :D

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
noddy04
Club Player

noreason41 wrote:Look at how good Luke Ball was :(
f*** Luke Ball he has gone...get over him ffs

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

noddy04 wrote:
Perhaps these comments could be posted on one of the 378 Luke Ball threads and we could simply post positive Milney stuff on this one :idea:

:roll:

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

As I was walking back to Richmond after the game, I overheard two fellow Sainters talking about Milne and complaing about the fact "he's always gone missing in the big games".

I had to remind them that he's been one of the best small forwards of the contemporary game and that he only has about 2 years left in him, as he is now a veteran.

Sure, he had a shocker last night, but he was in pretty good company amongst other Barry Crocker performaces.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
mick13
Club Player

That Milney chant going up when he was lining up for goal #11 is probably one of the best moments I've experienced at a football game.

Actually, not including actual wins. Probably number 1.

defacto
Club Player

the more of that i watch the more it reminds me of carlton, richmond, wce and melbourne now.

we look old, fatigued and stagnant now.

we should keep the core and cut the fat. especially those between the 1st year players and the core. i am hoping we delist/trade and take as many kids as possible in the draft.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

That was the best stkilda list ever imo.

Ok maybe 2004 was better.

Gherig hamil riewoldt.

If injuries had not screwed us endlessly....how many flags. How many? At least two i think.

georgie girl
Club Player

I wonder whatever happened to the guys who used to stand behind us around Bay 36 at Etihad and sing, "Stevie Milne walks on water, tra-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la!." Amongst other great ditties - loved to listen to them.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

noddy04 wrote:
lol
gold

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

thats what I noticed as well 40 metre pin point pass on the wrong foot, too bad he hasn't been able to do that with us or collingwood for 5 years, he could have / should have been a lot better footballer.

I think people tend to forget how good he was, and how much as a player he he went downhill.

He used to be able to run jump and kick, now all he can do is handball, can't help think things should have been handled better with him injury wise not trade wise. The AFL lost a brilliant player imo. And seeing this footage reminded me what he used to be able to do not what I expected him to do in his later years at the saints.
Last edited by ausfatcat on Sun 19 Jun 2011 10:54pm, edited 3 times in total.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Milne is the best small forward the game has seen, he has developed his game from a tiny full forward to crumber and then runs through the midfield. Most small forwards get pushed out of the game because they can't adapt. He will go down as a Saints legend and if he was more of an uptight wanker he would have a little more respect from the afl community and own a place as the best small forward the game has known. He is the guy who keeps the guys buoyant and sings loudest after a win.

patto
Club Player

gringo wrote:Milne is the best small forward the game has seen, he has developed his game from a tiny full forward to crumber and then runs through the midfield. Most small forwards get pushed out of the game because they can't adapt. He will go down as a Saints legend and if he was more of an uptight wanker he would have a little more respect from the afl community and own a place as the best small forward the game has known. He is the guy who keeps the guys buoyant and sings loudest after a win.
Yep love him. Champion and one of my all time favourite saints even if he does go missing at times.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

This is what I said weeks ago. How good we were repeatedly winning out of the middle, going straight up the guts, Milne crumbing. Roo kicking beautifully.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
SteveStevens66
Club Player

gringo wrote:Milne is the best small forward the game has seen, he has developed his game from a tiny full forward to crumber and then runs through the midfield. Most small forwards get pushed out of the game because they can't adapt. He will go down as a Saints legend and if he was more of an uptight wanker he would have a little more respect from the afl community and own a place as the best small forward the game has known. He is the guy who keeps the guys buoyant and sings loudest after a win.
!00% on the money!

Carna Saints!!!
mcadam05
Club Player

mick13 wrote:That Milney chant going up when he was lining up for goal #11 is probably one of the best moments I've experienced at a football game.

Actually, not including actual wins. Probably number 1.
+1 :D

Austinnn
Club Player

Hands down my favourite player. His many special goals and boundless enthusiasm kept us going through the lean years and I agree he'll go down as a Saints legend.

Like Winmar, he is one of the few players who I could accept trading if we get a good deal. He's got currency for a team on the cusp and if we are serious about the rebuild, unfortunately it makes sense.

Having said that I'd prefer him to stay absolutely. It hurts but losing Grand Finals hurts more.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
SunburySaint
Club Player

Austinnn wrote:Like Winmar, he is one of the few players who I could accept trading if we get a good deal. He's got currency for a team on the cusp and if we are serious about the rebuild, unfortunately it makes sense.
Milne has bled R,W & B for years now, he is also a good role model for young players moving forward.

I just don't see how we could possibly trade him.

Unless you know something we don't????

Now lives in Geelong...
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Where's 'To the Top's' contribution to this thread? He really rates Milney :P

AlpineStars
Club Player

He has a crack, and thats all we ask for.

Wake me up when September ends.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

AlpineStars wrote:He has a crack, and thats all we ask for.
Don't tell me there are photos of Milney too :shock:

:D

Austinnn
Club Player

SunburySaint wrote:Milne has bled R,W & B for years now, he is also a good role model for young players moving forward.

I just don't see how we could possibly trade him.

Unless you know something we don't????
I know nothing about any trades, it was just an idea. I hate the idea of him not being with us, he's our leading goal kicker for not the first time. I absolutely love the player.

If we're being totally practically though, it would be a statement of intent, and could be one of the few players who would get a decent pick or trade. He's given us his best years, like Winmar, a year or two in a different shirt won't change his legacy.

But let me be clear: I don't want him to go. I'd rather see others go like Gilbert or Gram, plus any of the many untradable players we have.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone