Eddie sets precedent

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

Eddie sets precedent

Next time we play the filth I urge every supporter to pay attention to the Collingwood ferals around them, and every time one of them sledges Milney, Joey, Roo, Sam or anyone else about anything non-footy related, give them two warnings, carry on like an idiot, and then ring the authorities and have that person disciplined. Eddie is in the media calling for zero tolerance on sledges such as that directed at Krakouer (who was convicted), so it has to go both ways...

I don't really expect people to do that, just pointing out what a fat hypocritical tossbag Maguire is. I hate that guy so much I might need counselling...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Unfortuneately he has the power of the media behind him.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Unfortuneately he has the power of the media behind him.
And OUR premiership :twisted:

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Re: Eddie sets precedent

Harvey To Hayes wrote:Next time we play the filth I urge every supporter to pay attention to the Collingwood ferals around them, and every time one of them sledges Milney, Joey, Roo, Sam or anyone else about anything non-footy related, give them two warnings, carry on like an idiot, and then ring the authorities and have that person disciplined. Eddie is in the media calling for zero tolerance on sledges such as that directed at Krakouer (who was convicted), so it has to go both ways...
Unfortunately, nobody will want to know because none of Milney, Joey, Roo or Sam are Indigenous (although, if you mean Sam Gilbert, one has always wondered: but he doesn't self-identify as Indigenous).

You see, in the modern guilt-ridden world of middle class Australia, it's racist to make any sort of negative comment about Aborigines: they are intrinsically all wonderful, innocent beings filled with light, and - if by some chance they behave in any way other than as wonderful, innocent beings filled with light (eg, by king hitting someone and putting them in hospital) - it's not their fault it's ours because of all the terrible things our ancestors did to their ancestors.

On the other hand, white bogans appear to be considered totally fair game for anything: eg, "rapist".

So I would suggest that, in future, we all hurl heaps of abuse at Eddie who, when all is said and done, is just a jumped-up, cashed-up bogan.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

meher baba wrote:
Harvey To Hayes wrote:Next time we play the filth I urge every supporter to pay attention to the Collingwood ferals around them, and every time one of them sledges Milney, Joey, Roo, Sam or anyone else about anything non-footy related, give them two warnings, carry on like an idiot, and then ring the authorities and have that person disciplined. Eddie is in the media calling for zero tolerance on sledges such as that directed at Krakouer (who was convicted), so it has to go both ways...
Unfortunately, nobody will want to know because none of Milney, Joey, Roo or Sam are Indigenous (although, if you mean Sam Gilbert, one has always wondered: but he doesn't self-identify as Indigenous).

You see, in the modern guilt-ridden world of middle class Australia, it's racist to make any sort of negative comment about Aborigines: they are intrinsically all wonderful, innocent beings filled with light, and - if by some chance they behave in any way other than as wonderful, innocent beings filled with light (eg, by king hitting someone and putting them in hospital) - it's not their fault it's ours because of all the terrible things our ancestors did to their ancestors.

On the other hand, white bogans appear to be considered totally fair game for anything: eg, "rapist".

So I would suggest that, in future, we all hurl heaps of abuse at Eddie who, when all is said and done, is just a jumped-up, cashed-up bogan.
Nah you missed the point... Eddie's in the press now furiously back-pedalling from his allegation that the abuse was "borderline racist", and trying to defend his actions on the basis that you shouldn't be able to sledge people like Krakouer for their criminal past, that you have to let them get on with their life and rehabilitate blah blah blah

I seriously can't remember Maguire censuring Malthouse for calling Milney a racist ON THE GROUND (which is infinitely worse than yelling something from the stands), but I just assume I missed that press conference...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
saint tash
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
borderbarry wrote:Unfortuneately he has the power of the media behind him.
And OUR premiership :twisted:
Please explain???? :roll:

Oh when the saints go charging in!
PLUGGER14
Club Player

Eddie Maguire whinging about racism? Isn't he the same man that said lighten up when talking about GWS and calling it falafel country??? Hello pot this is kettle calling? Do u accept reverse charges?

mullet
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:

Well said.

Racism laws were bought in to protect people from being discriminated against or vilified because of race. It does not then give people the right to be disgraceful human beings and then ask for leniency because of their race and how they were treated years ago.

Mark Fine on SEN went on last night about having to understand the history etc.

If we dont move on from historical atrocities we will never evolve.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by The Fireman on Mon 06 Jun 2011 3:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Make it law, make it retrospective, and make it a capital offence.

Then we'll see who has the larger membership.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
ace
Saintsational Legend

If you guys are not careful Eddie McGUIRE will attack our club again for personally abusing him by spelling his name incorrectly as MAGUIRE.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ace
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Image
GREAT! Can you fix up the phonetics so we can see the "t" and the closing bracket.

We all need to email a copy to the AFL complaining about Collingwood supporters calling our players rapists.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Let him continue to make an idiot of himself. He'll get caught out eventually. The fall will be mighty.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Great point brought up by PLUGGER14 today.

COLLINGWOOD president Eddie McGuire has claimed young AFL players would quickly tire of living in western Sydney's ''land of the falafel'' and the Giants would be susceptible to raids by Victorian clubs.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/p ... z1OSiXh45n

matrix
Saintsational Legend

mmmmmmm

8-)

Sobraz
SS Life Member

He should truely by hung by the media over how he acted... Make him apologise to the bloke he bullied...

Who died and made him the moral police, particularly when his own backyard is so putrid??...

His hyporcricy literally almost makes me sick.... I was so angry yesterday when the Sun splashed Racist Saints Supporter on the front page, with nothing of the sort actually occuring...

If I was the guy that was hounded down by Ed the Dog, I would be exploring all my options, legally, if any at all exist...

The 'racist' mud sticks, no matter how inaccurate...

Really, it is a disgrace he that he will get away with this, and I wish our President would come out and defend this supporter (member?) against this Pig of a human and Pig Pen of a club...

It will probably come down to GT having a crack tonight, then it will be pushed under the carpet by Hutchy, Gary, etc, not to be heard of again...

F'ing Disgrace...

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Harvey To Hayes wrote:
meher baba wrote:

Nah you missed the point... Eddie's in the press now furiously back-pedalling from his allegation that the abuse was "borderline racist", and trying to defend his actions on the basis that you shouldn't be able to sledge people like Krakouer for their criminal past, that you have to let them get on with their life and rehabilitate blah blah blah

I seriously can't remember Maguire censuring Malthouse for calling Milney a racist ON THE GROUND (which is infinitely worse than yelling something from the stands), but I just assume I missed that press conference...
I actually agree with Eddie that people like Krakouer should be allowed to put their past behind them, and I for one would never sledge Krakouer because of what he did, and paid the price for (and, watching him on the Marngrook Show the other night, I sensed that he was a man who might have thought through his actions to some extent: although the handcuffs gesture he made on field still worries me a little bit).

But I don't think that anyone can force footy fans to refrain from sledging players on this sort of a basis (or from calling Mline a rapist for that matter). I do think we should try to stop racist name-calling, although I still reckon Nicky Elvis's response to it was far more effective than any sort of policing is ever going to be.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
ace
Saintsational Legend

Don't forget to take their photograph with your mobile phone.
The media is far more likely to run a story if their are pictures to go with.
Eddie wont be able to hide behind the excuse "we don't know who they are".
He will need some other wriggle out, to take no action.

Note the guy who Eddie singled out was an MCC member or guest. Probably member as guests also need a a balcony pass to access level 2.
These are hard if not impossible to get for a high attendance match.

Eddie made sure the MCC security took the guys membership number.
He will be hung drawn and quartered by the MCC because a much higher level of decorum is exoected in the MCC members area.
Suspension will probably be his fate.

bozza1980
Club Player

meher baba wrote: I actually agree with Eddie that people like Krakouer should be allowed to put their past behind them, and I for one would never sledge Krakouer because of what he did, and paid the price for (and, watching him on the Marngrook Show the other night, I sensed that he was a man who might have thought through his actions to some extent: although the handcuffs gesture he made on field still worries me a little bit).

But I don't think that anyone can force footy fans to refrain from sledging players on this sort of a basis (or from calling Mline a rapist for that matter). I do think we should try to stop racist name-calling, although I still reckon Nicky Elvis's response to it was far more effective than any sort of policing is ever going to be.
I agree to a point.

The problem with Eddie making this stand (ie the past is the past) is his handling of his coach calling one of our players a rapist last year.

If I remember correctly on SEN Eddie's response to talk that St Kilda potentially making a complaint about it was along the lines "they should be careful, with the skeletons in their closet"

If he had of come out last year censuring his coach for his behaviour I would be fully behind him, unfortunately this is just another case of Eddie, decreeing if Collingwood do it it's fine, if it's done to Collingwood it's wrong.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
lyonhearted
Club Player

I actually like Eddie, we both went to the same high school CBC (he was one year below me) and he's a good Christian boy but really a case of pot kettle black here Ed.

As has been referred to already, it's a case of double standards when he can go on about the land of the falafel and then give some guy in the crowd a hard time when he's basically done the same thing - I don't condone either action by the way.

Ed, let's do a deal.....we'll stop drawing reference to the fact that Krak is coloured if you can tell your employees to pull their heads in ('Mick') and stop calling our players rapists....deal or no deal?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Image
GREAT! Can you fix up the phonetics so we can see the "t" and the closing bracket.

We all need to email a copy to the AFL complaining about Collingwood supporters calling our players rapists.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

What was the name of that song that the Screaming Jets wrote about ed?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Ice Wolf
Club Player

ace wrote:

Don't forget to take their photograph with your mobile phone.
The media is far more likely to run a story if their are pictures to go with.
Eddie wont be able to hide behind the excuse "we don't know who they are".
He will need some other wriggle out, to take no action.

Note the guy who Eddie singled out was an MCC member or guest. Probably member as guests also need a a balcony pass to access level 2.
These are hard if not impossible to get for a high attendance match.

Eddie made sure the MCC security took the guys membership number.
He will be hung drawn and quartered by the MCC because a much higher level of decorum is exoected in the MCC members area.
Suspension will probably be his fate.
Shouldn't Eddie also face sanction from the MCC for abusing the guy and for inferring that there was a racial element to the sledging when there was none. McGuire didn't just call security, he made an arse out of himself first and then tried to create a story out of it in the media.

Why is Eddie in the MCC area at Collingwood home games anyway?

mullet
Saintsational Legend

lyonhearted wrote:I actually like Eddie, we both went to the same high school CBC (he was one year below me) and he's a good Christian boy but really a case of pot kettle black here Ed.

As has been referred to already, it's a case of double standards when he can go on about the land of the falafel and then give some guy in the crowd a hard time when he's basically done the same thing - I don't condone either action by the way.

Ed, let's do a deal.....we'll stop drawing reference to the fact that Krak is coloured if you can tell your employees to pull their heads in ('Mick') and stop calling our players rapists....deal or no deal?
Nobody referred to his color that is the whole point. Only eddie

Sobraz
SS Life Member

lyonhearted wrote:we'll stop drawing reference to the fact that Krak is coloured
Clearly you did go to the same High School... And you were both obviously failed by the system...

Who and when has anyone drawn any reference to the fact that 'Krak is coloured', aside from Fat Head Ed and now yourself??...

Do I take it your point of 'pot kettle black' is borderline racist :roll: , and your whole post is borderline Troll....