The Night Stewie Handed His Jumper Over To Kosi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

oakleighboy
Club Player

The Night Stewie Handed His Jumper Over To Kosi

I remember that night at Telstradome.
It was the end of the game and the retiring Stewie handed his number over to Kosi on the ground.

It was an emotional seen.
We all thought that with that number would come a great player.
Well how wrong we have been.

Stewie and everyone must now look back on that night and wish they handed it over to a more worthy candidate.

Vivid memoriess and long lasting disappointments.
The legend on number 23 has been ruined.

Have a read Kosi and get motivated.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Crap, you are back. Seriously, give it a rest FFS. You have done nothing but biatch and moan since the GF.

Also interesting that nearly all of your posts are made post GF. Where were you prior?

Fortius Quo Fidelius
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Same happened with Burky's number too.

Glad none of the number gifting caught on after that. Kiss of Death for the player receiving. :roll:

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Yeah time to open a vein I reckon...

The number 23 is just fkn shyte now.

:roll:

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

This thread is a disgrace. Kosi should be showed some respect.

Mods, please LOCK IT.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
oakleighboy
Club Player

He deserves know respect
Sack the dud
Sack the chomp

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

oakleighboy wrote:He deserves know respect
Sack the dud
Sack the chomp
Don't you mean 'no' :lol:

Too bad we can get rid of so-called supporters that easily.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Dazvolt
Club Player

Kosi wasnt great for a lot of this year but felt his finals series was reasonable. broke the game open against the cats and very good in gf1. by gf2 he was out of petrol and was not conditioned to ruck. kosi must be a ruckman that pinch hits in the fwd line.

oakleighboy
Club Player

I WILL NOT BE SILENCED
I AM THE VOICE OF SANITY

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

oakleighboy wrote:I WILL NOT BE SILENCED
I AM THE VOICE OF SANITY

Careful, you will have the men in white with their straight jackets around at your place soon!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Badlands
Club Player

The Kosi-bashing was growing tiresome 843 topics ago.

There are other ways of expressing disappointment that he hasn't lived up to our high expectations to date, without being disrespectful.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Is Oakleighboy suggesting that Kosi isn't motivated? That he isn't trying his hardest?

That is insulting. Argue that Kosi isn't up to it, but to question his effort is taking it too far.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
I AM THE VOICE OF SANITY

Careful, you will have the men in white with their straight jackets around at your place soon!
"They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa
To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be
happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're
coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!"

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I AM THE VOICE OF INSANITY
Edited for accuracy :wink:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

oakleighboy wrote:He deserves know respect
Sack the dud
Sack the chomp
so why should we then respect you?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
MadSaintFan
Club Player

Lets face it - Kossies not going anywhere. His value to another club is small and we will live in the hope that he can deliver on the promise he has showed so many times.

Iv lowered my expectations of Kossie and since then Iv learnt to deal with certain aspects of his game - he's not agile, he's not fast, hes not a reliable kick. Dont expect this to change!

I appreciate him now for the parts of his game which show through on occasions - he kicks a bag of 3-4 every now and then, he'll take a hanger, he'll kick a big goal outside 50.

At the end of the day, hes held down a Key Position spot in our team and will do so for another 2 years.

FQF
SS Life Member

MadSaintFan wrote:Lets face it - Kossies not going anywhere. His value to another club is small and we will live in the hope that he can deliver on the promise he has showed so many times.

Iv lowered my expectations of Kossie and since then Iv learnt to deal with certain aspects of his game - he's not agile, he's not fast, hes not a reliable kick. Dont expect this to change!

I appreciate him now for the parts of his game which show through on occasions - he kicks a bag of 3-4 every now and then, he'll take a hanger, he'll kick a big goal outside 50.

At the end of the day, hes held down a Key Position spot in our team and will do so for another 2 years.
If there is a better option for that full forward position, expect him to lose it. He hasn't had much competition for this year.

Last year he earned it, this year he was there by default.

But next year... Stanley Walsh or maybe a surprise from left field might push him out of the team.

lennylegend

Kosi has to go. He is a liabily up forward due to his inability to get the ball at ground level. He is rubbish below his knees and just doesnt DO enough to warrant a spot each week. We should trade him while he still has curency and play Stanley in his spot. Kosi will never win a GF at the St.Kilda football club as a forward so if he doesnt get fit enough to play full minutes in the ruck he MUST go. I know he is a nice guy and all that but i dont pay my membership and reserved seat each year to watch nice guys, I want winning Grand Finals.
Last edited by lennylegend on Fri 08 Oct 2010 12:32am, edited 1 time in total.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

lennylegend wrote:Kosi has to go. He is a liabily up forward due to his inability to get the ball at ground level. He is rubbish below his knees and just doesnt DO enough to warrant a spot each week. We should trade him while he still has curency and play Stanley in his spot. Kosi will never win a GF at the St.Kilda football club as a forward so if he doesnt get fit enough to play full minutes in the ruck he MUST go. I know he is a nice guy and all that but i dont pay my membership and reserved seat each year to watch nice guys, I want Grand Finals.
You forgot to mention winning ones
:cry:

saint4life
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

lennylegend wrote:Kosi has to go. He is a liabily up forward due to his inability to get the ball at ground level. He is rubbish below his knees and just doesnt DO enough to warrant a spot each week. We should trade him while he still has curency and play Stanley in his spot. Kosi will never win a GF at the St.Kilda football club as a forward so if he doesnt get fit enough to play full minutes in the ruck he MUST go. I know he is a nice guy and all that but i dont pay my membership and reserved seat each year to watch nice guys, I want Grand Finals.
I don't totally disagree but at the very least Kosi provides ruck and forward depth.

As long as he isn't clogging salary cap room, isn't being sought by any other clubs who would offer a good trade, and is made to earn his spot, then he should stay.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
sendmehomehappy
Club Player

Kosi out of petrol by GF2...are you serious?

How could he be?...he is a friggin AFL footballer in his late 20's at the zenith of his powers.

This is a man who does nothing else(if I am wr0ng, please enlightnen me) but earn an extremely lucrative living by chasing a football around a field once a week...and in so doing paid an income to do so that most of us could only dream about....

There was 7 full days between GF1 and GF2...to recover. He has been in training the whole year..and has had previous stints on the ball during the season.

It wwas a pizz poor effort...face it friends....let's call a spade a spade and forget the bullshite..he and others let themselves and us down badly.......plain and simple

too many chances
too much money

10 yers pus of chances and patience gone...

see ya later Kosi

I want a friggin' flag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saint3d
Club Player

sendmehomehappy wrote:see ya later Kosi

I want a friggin' flag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well you're a piece of work, aren't you?

sendmehomehappy
Club Player

Yeah..well, this 'piece of work' wants a friggin flag...after 45 years

What are you on about pal?

Kosi...and the like , aint going to get it for us...face facts

Ordinary mortals have performance reviews and are moved on if substandard...

why is Kosi ( and others) different?

and why the hell arre you are a kosi aplogist or sycophant?

The_Merchant
Club Player

Yeah..well, this 'piece of work' wants a friggin flag...after 45 years

What are you on about pal?

Kosi...and the like , aint going to get it for us...face facts

Ordinary mortals have performance reviews and are moved on if substandard...
Seriously, people like you make me sick. You want a flag, congratulations. There are a couple of million footy fans out there who would like a flag too. In fact there are a couple of million fans out there who would just like to see their team play in a Grand Final, I've seen mine play in 3 in 53 weeks.
I've seen "Kosi....and the like" go very close to winning two of them.

I just don't understand our so called supporters getting stuck into loyal servants of the club who give everything they have got to bring us a flag. Perhaps rather than the team get rid of Kosi, you could go and support another side with players you do like, damn sure the club won't miss you.

Kosi wasn't the worst player in any of our three GFs. He was better than Cloke in GF2 and better than Cloke and Dawes in GF1, are Collingwood supporters crying for the club to get rid of them? David Hale is getting plenty of attention at the moment, I would take Kosi over Hale any day of the week. Kosi may not be the player some people want him to be, but he is still comfortably in our best 22 and will be for some time.

St Kilda has been the second best side two years in a row, by a total of 12 points, get a grip.

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.
Quixote
SS Life Member

There is quite a good chance KOSI will be playing as a Ruck in ST KILDA'S next Premiership team.

The OP is obviously a troll.

Keep your heads and remember - there's a concentrated batch of 6-8 AFL ready players coming through, plus Nick Winmar, plus Banger as assistant, and we've got Ross Lyon, calm...

A new Saints Team you'll see next year. The axe has fallen before and now it hangs ready again.

Trust me.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo