12000 MCC tickets sold within the hour

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

12000 MCC tickets sold within the hour

The 12,000 MCC tickets that could be reserved are now all gone!!!!!!!!!!!

Follows the 40,000 yesterday being snapped up quickly.

Looks like we are heady towards the 100.000 again.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bubblegoose
Club Player

Re: 12000 MCC tickets sold within the hour

That's right, they were all looking gone - or in the process of being gone within about 10/15 mins. My "superfast" connection dragged getting through the process. Ended up halfway up to top.

* Conditions apply
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

My bro got the tickets bottom on the wing. We were on lvl 2 for round 26! Talk about popular items!!

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

hmmm I was at an outlet and couldnt get 5 together at 12.05pm and ended up with single seats spread everywhere ... so now I just think the Ticketek

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Evidently all 12,000 tickets were taken in about 20 minutes. Though some sales were completed after that time.

When they sell like this standing in a queue unless you are at the front is pretty much a waste of time.

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Got mine on level two and can't wait! :-)

Should be a much more even spread of actual supporters, rather than all the 'general-others' who sit in the MCC and talk all game about how they've been to the past 27 grand finals...

casey scorp
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:Evidently all 12,000 tickets were taken in about 20 minutes. Though some sales were completed after that time.

When they sell like this standing in a queue unless you are at the front is pretty much a waste of time.
I’m on holidays on the Sunshine Coast. Thought I’d go to Maroochydore Ticketek and there’d be no-one else there. However I was 3rd in line. It became apparent that there were holdups with the Ticketek network and I phoned my brother who jumped on the internet and we got reserved seats on level 3 about 12:18pm.

We tried Level N and then Level M, both without success, and finally got Level Q. We quickly moved from one option to the next without trying again and again when unsuccessful. I was fortunate in that I could listen to the Ticketek operator’s comments and see his screen with the seats all disappearing, so I had a distinct sense that it wasn’t a system error – just massive overload.

I was still standing 3rd in line when I got the confirming e-mail through to my phone at 12:22pm. The Ticketek operator then announced all tickets were sold out, and Numbers 1 & 2 in the line left the queue. I got to the front gave the operator the account number from the e-mail and showed him my Visa card (which my brother had quoted in the purchase) and he printed out my tickets.

I think we were very lucky.

starsign
Club Player

my mate was no 10 in line at Ticketek Lygon St and could only get us 2 separate tickets on level 4 by 12.10 !!!.... bay 42 row N and bay 44 EE

Think Ill go with the EE as Bay 46 is about the wing And 44 is an omen with the 44 years /Milney and it's seat 13 Schneiderman!!

Last Sat stayed out all Friday night for a level 2 seat in front of the Long Room but prefer now to come down from the bush Sat morn and rock up 2 o'clockfor a lesser seat!!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

thirty-seven!? wrote:Got mine on level two and can't wait! :-)

Should be a much more even spread of actual supporters, rather than all the 'general-others' who sit in the MCC and talk all game about how they've been to the past 27 grand finals...
Can I ask you which method you used to buy seats?

I pasted the numbers into the Ticketek site at 12 on the dot, yet couldn't get anything on level N

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Evidently all 12,000 tickets were taken in about 20 minutes. Though some sales were completed after that time.

I’m on holidays on the Sunshine Coast. Thought I’d go to Maroochydore Ticketek and there’d be no-one else there. However I was 3rd in line. It became apparent that there were holdups with the Ticketek network and I phoned my brother who jumped on the internet and we got reserved seats on level 3 about 12:18pm.

We tried Level N and then Level M, both without success, and finally got Level Q. We quickly moved from one option to the next without trying again and again when unsuccessful. I was fortunate in that I could listen to the Ticketek operator’s comments and see his screen with the seats all disappearing, so I had a distinct sense that it wasn’t a system error – just massive overload.

I was still standing 3rd in line when I got the confirming e-mail through to my phone at 12:22pm. The Ticketek operator then announced all tickets were sold out, and Numbers 1 & 2 in the line left the queue. I got to the front gave the operator the account number from the e-mail and showed him my Visa card (which my brother had quoted in the purchase) and he printed out my tickets.

I think we were very lucky.
That confirms what I have had from other sources.....and great judgement by you to not wait!!!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
thirty-seven!? wrote:Got mine on level two and can't wait! :-)

Can I ask you which method you used to buy seats?

I pasted the numbers into the Ticketek site at 12 on the dot, yet couldn't get anything on level N
I think it is pure luck.

Only thing you can do is be ready to go on the dot.

In this instance there were 5000-20000 people all doing likewise at the same time.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Our group of four in the MCC got Q43 row V, oxygen not quite required, but at least we don't have to queue!

Here is something interesting from the MCC facebook site re the sales by outlet type for the 12,000 tickets to MCC members:

Ticketek has advised that the breakdown of reserved seat sales yesterday across the various channels were as follows: 81% (internet) 12% (Ticketek agencies) 4% (phone) and 3% (MCC office).