Morris .....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Linton Street Saint
Club Player

Morris .....

Am I the only one that hopes the Dogs play Morris on Saturday and watch a guy with a busted vertebrae given the run around by one of the greatest athletes in the AFL and then have one of the biggest lugs running around put a knee in his back while crashing a pack for a contested grab ?

( Not wishing injury here btw just want to see a poor decision end with them one man and 8 goals down )

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Injured or under done players in Prelims is a recipe for disaster.

The Dogs would not even be considering Morris if Williams wasn't so horrendous last week.

I hope he plays & Roo runs him into the ground. I also hope the umpires watch Morris' love of chopping arms in marking contests... he rarely gets pinged for that.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Morris .....

Linton Street Saint wrote:Am I the only one that hopes the Dogs play Morris on Saturday and watch a guy with a busted vertebrae given the run around by one of the greatest athletes in the AFL and then have one of the biggest lugs running around put a knee in his back while crashing a pack for a contested grab ?

( Not wishing injury here btw just want to see a poor decision end with them one man and 8 goals down )
I'm with you LSS.

Would love to see them play Morris only to have it backfire in the first 10 minutes.

Go on Rocket, DO IT :D

saintlee
Club Player

They won't play him surely. There is no way he will be right to go, and they are already carrying a few....would be a huge gamble...

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

We are not talking about tight hamstring, or a sore foot here....the guy has broken his back, I hope they don't play him purely for his welfare :shock:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I hope they play him. I'm almost certain they won't.

Either way has rather dire consequences for them.

Played underdone, he can surely only be their sparey up back.

If they are gonna go defensive, ink in a win for us...

Doesn't play, they are one short in the back half, and literally very short physically.

50/50 in the centre and we give them a smack all night.
Last edited by Thinline on Tue 14 Sep 2010 1:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Linton Street Saint
Club Player

Either that or they are foxing .... but I really can't see a point as it's both win/win for us I doesn't change a thing for us, our line up, or attitude... wouldn't you just want to focus on the job at hand and just put a line through him and get on with it if you were Eade ?

Captain Impossible
Club Player

He usually plays really well on Riewoldt so I hope they play him too. Even if is injury is ok, he's lost match fitness and will be exposed by the biggest engine in the game.

Go Saints!

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

There would be no debate if Lake and Williams were 100%, but neither of them are even close.

I'd expect our forwards to get on the bike early, and Lake, Williams, and maybe Morris, will be spent by half time.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

For our sake, hope he plays.

For his sake, I hope like hell they don't play him. To put a player out on the park a few weeks or so after BREAKING HIS BACK is wrong on so many levels. Just one knock is all it takes......

If I was his parent/family, I would be jumping up and down and would have a few choice words for the coaching panel and team selectors if his name was even uttered as a chance to play this week!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:There would be no debate if Lake and Williams were 100%, but neither of them are even close.

I'd expect our forwards to get on the bike early, and Lake, Williams, and maybe Morris, will be spent by half time.
Yep. Lots of motion. Roo up and Kosi up and back from the wing, swing McEvoy and Gardiner forward??

As an aside, Williams game last week was the worst gane I think I;ve ever seen from an AFL player since, well, Tom Lynch's debut...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Captain Impossible wrote:He usually plays really well on Riewoldt so I hope they play him too. Even if is injury is ok, he's lost match fitness and will be exposed by the biggest engine in the game.

Go Saints!
Is this a fact or another one of those media myths perpetrated by the 'Footscray Media Mafia'?

I almost barf everytime I hear Rohan Smith reach orgasmic crescendos when talking about Dale Morris as a defender. He (and Luke Darcy to a lesser extent) is the only person I've heard who actually thinks Morris has ever beaten Roo one on one.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Riewoldt's last 3 games against the Bulldogs:

4 goals
5 goals
4 goals

Dale who?

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:Riewoldt's last 3 games against the Bulldogs:

4 goals
5 goals
4 goals

Dale who?
Yep pretty much Morris' 'bitch'. :roll:

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

I hope he doesn't play, because I very much want to see Roo on Williams, if he goes anything like he did last week. It was laughable seeing him on Goodes, although he apparently went in under an injury cloud, so maybe he was badly hampered by that.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I'd rather he not play. The option then is Williams. Williams or Morris. Williams the better option for us by far.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:For our sake, hope he plays.

For his sake, I hope like hell they don't play him. To put a player out on the park a few weeks or so after BREAKING HIS BACK is wrong on so many levels. Just one knock is all it takes......

If I was his parent/family, I would be jumping up and down and would have a few choice words for the coaching panel and team selectors if his name was even uttered as a chance to play this week!
agree with this. Could destroy his back if he gets a knee in the broken part. The PA need to stop this happening.

But if they do risk him roo will destroy him.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

SainterK wrote:We are not talking about tight hamstring, or a sore foot here....the guy has broken his back, I hope they don't play him purely for his welfare :shock:
Couldnt agree more. As well all know our game isnt soft and players can cope come pretty decent body shaking hits.

Down here in Tasmania there was a horrible story in 1999 about a young guy ending up in a wheel chair from an onfield incident.

For his own personal welfare the risk is too high.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
saintly
Saintsational Legend

they are saying the scans are ak. he has been trsining for a while. and it now awaits the doctors clearnance. therefore, if all of the above is true, it looks like he will be playing. maybe at the expense of williams or hooper?

bigred
Saintsational Legend

So be it.

Hope he enjoys his run.

Roo is gonna be primed for this one....mainly dry track....Look out.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:So be it.

Hope he enjoys his run.

How is the weather looking down there?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
bigred wrote:So be it.

Hope he enjoys his run.

How is the weather looking down there?
Forecast not great at this stage but the BOM have been wrong before apparently.

saint vince
Club Player

Forecast for Saturday
Partly cloudy. Scattered showers. Winds west to southwesterly averaging up to 25 km/h.

CityFew showers.Min9Max15
Direct from BOM website. Not to bad considering the weather we have had lately.

python
Club Player

Could be dangerous for us if Morris plays, his back could be reinjured from the slightest action from any marking contest, tackle, or even from running. We'd have to ensure not one of our players goes against him in any situation, you saw what happened to Baker when he targetted an injured hand, imagine what will happen if it's perceived that our players were targetting an injured back? We'd have no-one left for next week!

Solar
Saintsational Legend

python wrote:Could be dangerous for us if Morris plays, his back could be reinjured from the slightest action from any marking contest, tackle, or even from running. We'd have to ensure not one of our players goes against him in any situation, you saw what happened to Baker when he targetted an injured hand, imagine what will happen if it's perceived that our players were targetting an injured back? We'd have no-one left for next week!
agreed..... would be interesting if he hurts his back and a player pushes their elbow against them before a bounce.... hmmmmmm

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith