ARE GEELONG THE "SOREST LOSERS" OF ALL?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

ARE GEELONG THE "SOREST LOSERS" OF ALL?

Does anyone even come close?
In recent memory:
1: The 2004 Wizard Cup Grand Final- We won the game well and clearly won 2 of the 4 quarters, but all they could do is sook after the game and ridiculously claim that they outplayed us for 3 quarters, which was complete rubbish.
2: Round 14 last year. We outplayed them again and won the game fair and square, yet all the talk after the game was about the free they thought they should have gotten in the last couple of minutes. A free that was about 50m out and on the boundary. Not even close to a "gimme" goal, even if it was paid, so was not likely to have changed the result. A sook-fest followed.
3: The free kicks against Milburn close to half time in the Grand Final last year. He was told not to do it, he did it and yet he cries like a baby when he gets pinged for it, instead of taking responsibility for his actions. Of course, nothing is mentioned about Tom Hawkins "goal" that hit the post, or any dud decisions that went in their favour.
4: Last night. What a sook-fest. Cameron Mooney. Gary Ablett Jnr and apparently the biggest dummy-spit of all went to Mark Thompson, after the game. It was a free every day of the week and seemed to have been the only one we got in the whole second half, yet he's apparently thrown the toys out of the cot and lost it, as a result of it. Pathetic. I'm so glad they lost.

They've handled their winning streak over the past few years well, by not being arrogant about it, but man, when they lose, they cry like you wouldn't believe. If they don't grow up, they're going to lose a lot of the respect they've earned along the way.

I just hope that if we happen to meet them in the GF that we really pump them, so they know for sure that we've won it fair and square. Pump them I say, as we probably would have tonight had it started raining an hour later.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

At the end of the day I can't stand Geelong, alway have. It started back in 91 and they continually prove what a pack of scum bags they are. As for that whingeing whining Ablett, my god, I just can't stand him. What a sook :roll: Any one can be a champion when you get looked after like he does. Imagine how good Dal etc would look, pfffffffffft, glad they don't carry on like him.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

They sure don't lose with class, or grace, do they? No danger of that.
Imagine Bomber Thompson's reaction if the shoe had been on the other foot in the GF last year and we'd had a goal paid to us that clearly hit the post and ended up just 6 points up on the final siren!

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Ye, the 2008 Grand Final is another one. They really do have an arrogance about them. Really reluctant to give credit to any other sides. When they lose it's because THEY weren't at their best. What rubbish.

Cop that Geeflong.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saint3d
Club Player

Only a Geelong player could sook his way to a Brownlow.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Have just seen the bummer Thompson press conf, what a sook. He said the media should print the trueth. Yes they should, like how gablett has a rule just for him, the no holding the ball rule, or selwooods dropong to the ground to cause high tackles, absolute bulls*** :evil:

I love this club
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

always beaten by a very good team and never beaten by a better team

seano1
Club Player

ablett/judd

This is why Hayes/judd are a class act...takes and gives there all never sooks.Ablett is a great player but all the sooking just brings him down to a much lower level

Hawkesbury Saint
Club Player

Yep

Saints Footy - Let all others follow.
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Ablett's attitude is like he is still playing in the under 13s. I don't think his old man ever sooked or took a sideways step - take a leaf out of his book!
Will he actually be any good in an average team when he goes North? I think NOT!

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

saintDal
Club Player

mbogo wrote:Ablett's attitude is like he is still playing in the under 13s. I don't think his old man ever sooked or took a sideways step - take a leaf out of his book!
Will he actually be any good in an average team when he goes North? I think NOT!
Has he ever not whinged when something goes against him. From the look on his face you'd think his pet goldfish just died.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Disgraceful poor losers. As soon as the siren went i recieved a text message that said "f*cken umpires" from a person who contacts me maybe once a year. Pathetic

Sook officials,sook players,sook supporters. They've been arrogant ever since there rise at the end of 03 along with us. Unfortunatly they actually delivered for 2-3 years,but they have been far from graceful along the way. Bomber Thompson eating sandwiches in the box,Kelly falling asleep during the song,Abletts entire disgraceful sooking attitude along the journey.

The sooner this group fades away and they return to mediocrity like the town they live in the better

Bring back the Lockett era
Furphy
Club Player

Nothing gives me more joy than to see that smirk wiped off Bummer Thompson's fish-face!

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Furphy wrote:Nothing gives me more joy than to see that smirk wiped off Bummer Thompson's fish-face!

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

We can also expect a major sook from Billy (sooky sooky la la) Brownless on Thursday's Footy Show and probably a big speech and rant from Sam Newman. May be a good night to do something else.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:Ye, the 2008 Grand Final is another one. They really do have an arrogance about them. Really reluctant to give credit to any other sides. When they lose it's because THEY weren't at their best. What rubbish.

Cop that Geeflong.
Who loses a GF when they're at their best?

Another opportunity awaits!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:Have just seen the bummer Thompson press conf, what a sook. He said the media should print the trueth. Yes they should, like how gablett has a rule just for him, the no holding the ball rule, or selwooods dropong to the ground to cause high tackles, absolute bulls*** :evil:
been unable to find a link...anyone able to help....ta... :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

WE ARE GEELONG, THE GREATEST "SOOKS" OF ALL. WE ARE GEELONG AND WHEN WE LOSE WE BAWL. WE CAN'T TAKE IT, SO WE HAVE A CRY. CAN BE HEARD FROM FAR FAR AWAY. WE'RE SOOKY SOOKY LA LA, FROM DAWN TO DARK, DOWN AT KARDINIA PARK.
Just emailed that to them.

saintkid
Club Player

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:WE ARE GEELONG, THE GREATEST "SOOKS" OF ALL. WE ARE GEELONG AND WHEN WE LOSE WE BAWL. WE CAN'T TAKE IT, SO WE HAVE A CRY. CAN BE HEARD FROM FAR FAR AWAY. WE'RE SOOKY SOOKY LA LA, FROM DAWN TO DARK, DOWN AT KARDINIA PARK.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Email it also to Newman and Brownless while your at it . :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:WE ARE GEELONG, THE GREATEST "SOOKS" OF ALL. WE ARE GEELONG AND WHEN WE LOSE WE BAWL. WE CAN'T TAKE IT, SO WE HAVE A CRY. CAN BE HEARD FROM FAR FAR AWAY. WE'RE SOOKY SOOKY LA LA, FROM DAWN TO DARK, DOWN AT KARDINIA PARK.

Yes it is very funny.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

saintkid wrote:

Just sent it to Sam's Mailbag.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Way to go Geelong! Blame to umpires. Fools. Little do they know that by displaying this kind of childishness simply undermines the club's success from the previous three seasons.

For me, Cameron "you just cost us the game" Mooney was very lucky to not have a 50 metre penalty against him for dissent. A player insulting an umpire's integrity like that shows pretty poor composure. Spur of the moment perhaps but stupid nevertheless. Geelong still had another chance to pinch the game from that point. I think there was about a minute to remaining in the match.

The umpire's decision is final. If they can't accept that, then they have another thing coming if they want a crack at another flag. It was a very unprofessional display shown by both a premiership player and coach in Mooney and Thompson.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

hahahaha... we have a contender for a post of the year.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

Stinger, it is on the Fox Sports website under this link: http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 51,00.html