Mooney goal - touched by Dawson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

battye
Saintsational Legend

Mooney goal - touched by Dawson

Very, very tough to call live. On slow motion it looked like Dawson touched it after it was kicked, in real time (first time I saw it) I thought it may have been kicked out of his hands. Very tough for the umpire to call...

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

"You just lost us the game" :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

SUCK IT UP, MOONEY THE LOONEY! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Sainternist on Sat 04 Sep 2010 3:10am, edited 1 time in total.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

So if there's a reasonable doubt it goes which way?

Was there much debate between the field/goal umps at the time, I don't recall...

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Must admit in slow mo it looks like Dawson touches it a smidge before....
actually slightly deflecting the ball towards the foot.......

but a judgement (guess) in real speed....but the goal umpire did not hesitate so in his mind ..kicked.

saint4life
LaUrEnCe
Club Player

I thought behind for sure live. On the replays, inconclusive...

battye
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:So if there's a reasonable doubt it goes which way?

Was there much debate between the field/goal umps at the time, I don't recall...
No I don't remember any debate between umpires.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
SaintWal
Club Player

If any doubt the lesser score should be paid!

saintkid
Club Player

They replayed it on the big MCG screen straight after and it looked clearly as if it came off Dawson's hand that's why the crowd booed loudly. We were filthy but now that we won , suck eggs GIRLONG!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:So if there's a reasonable doubt it goes which way?

You'd think the player that was clearly in front (Zac) would have the benefit of doubt. Even at full speed there was a massive deflection downward first, there was no way it came off the boot. Two umpires were obviously in a poor position (i.e. not the same as the camera man), but debate...pffft...not one second of it, naturally. :roll:

SaintWal
Club Player

Just watched the foxtel replay.

Zacs hand was in front of Mooney's boot.

Tough call but as I stated above if they are in doubt the instruction is to pay the lesser.

markp
Saintsational Legend

That goal umpire nearly cost us the game! :cry: :wink:

There was also the softest free and goal to Johnson, against Joey I think, for a the most feather light 'high tackle' you've ever freaking seen... but they will bleat and bleat.

My heart bleeds for the dears... this one really hurt them a lot.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintWal wrote:Just watched the foxtel replay.

Tough call but as I stated above if they are in doubt the instruction is to pay the lesser.

The instruction also is if it hits the boot at the same time as the hand it is a goal. I intially thought Dawson hit it through but it went to quickly. I think Dawson actually hit it on to Mooneys boot because Dawson hit it into the ground more than through the goals.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

The instruction also is if it hits the boot at the same time as the hand it is a goal. I intially thought Dawson hit it through but it went to quickly. I think Dawson actually hit it on to Mooneys boot because Dawson hit it into the ground more than through the goals.
The replay shows it very clearly. When in doubt, pay a point.

Kate
Club Player

I was sitting behind the goals. The ball didn't get anywhere near Moony's boot. It may have touched his thigh, above the knee.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

The replay shows to me that Dawson could not have hit the ball that quickly over the line. He hit it more down than accross the goal line. I am pretty sure he hit it into Mooneys boot and that is why it went so quickly through the goals.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

The replay shows to me that Dawson could not have hit the ball that quickly over the line. He hit it more down than accross the goal line. I am pretty sure he hit it into Mooneys boot and that is why it went so quickly through the goals.
VERY clearly.

MareesMaxxy

Hey Bomber... should the journos write "the truth" about that, too?

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Point.

Dawson did well.

The free to Johnson was terribad.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
SaintWal
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Plugger, where does the kicking in danger rule go? If you kicked out of a guys hands in the middle of the ground it would be paid probably as reckless but if it is in the forward line it is deemed okay?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintWal wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Plugger, where does the kicking in danger rule go? If you kicked out of a guys hands in the middle of the ground it would be paid probably as reckless but if it is in the forward line it is deemed okay?
To soft for kicking in danger IMO. It was a tow poke not a full on kick.

SaintWal
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
SaintWal wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Is it still a rule? Or does it come under dangerous/reckless now. Cheers plugger

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintWal wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SaintWal wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Is it still a rule? Or does it come under dangerous/reckless now. Cheers plugger
Certainly still a rule. It may be called dangerours play but it still for kicking in danger.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Poetic justice in the end, Geelong players duck their heads and get frees, the goal was allowed that shouldn't have, but Mooney complains that he lands on Gwilts back and shouldn't have been penalised because it cost them the game.
All I can say is SUCK IT!, enjoy your semi next week then a hard spiteful prelim against the filth.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Saint_in_SA
Club Player

I am in love with you, Cam. I dream of the day that you could ride my back like that.

A-HUH A-HUH A-HUH
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Clearly, Zac touched it and deflected the ball. Then there was also another goal payed when Sammy G touched the ball. So they were awarded 2 goals that weren't there. So their luck run out in the end. Suck it up you poor loosers.

Qld Saints Supporter Group