St Kilda Collingwood Rivalry

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Quixote
SS Life Member

St Kilda Collingwood Rivalry

This won't be a long or eloquent post, but:

Just listening to SEN right now and they're doing a half hour long interview with Joffa Corfe, in anticipation of his feature film debut. They went through the film etc, which sounds like a respectable enterprise, congrats to them, would have been hard work but I'm not sure the product is much chop. But oh well good on em for giving it a crack.

Anyways: The St Kilda Collingwood rivalry has been mentioned many times. It is very clear: The Pies DO NOT like us one little bit. Joffa went as far to mention the Greening Incident as the starting point, Winmar was mentioned, and modern times and players, Joffa saying without much conviction 'We respect them...' etc etc.

I have NO DOUBT there is nothing more than these filthy birds would like than to beat us in a final - perhaps a Granny.

What are you're thoughts on this rivalry and do you want us to beat Collingwood in September?

PS as I'm writing this, the Collingwood/Joffa Crew on SEN are saying we made last year's GF on default, through Roo's free kick in the Prelim. Fair dunkum!

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

that idiot will bang on about the greening incident, yet he himself and all his mates rejoice in the violent acts that won the 58 gf.

At celebration of that event idiot corfe wrote..."They showed footage of Hooker Harrison who had just belted a Melbourne player the room errupted into aplause, When the Melbourne player got up grimmaced and wobbled the applause became louder..."

So they have no problem with violence, it's only when they cop it that they squeal for eternity.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i have a lot of respect for Joffa. he cops a lot from the public when he does very little wrong. he supports his club, and abuses the other clubs..but we all do that.
has spent a lot of time on this movie and hope everything goes well for him.
but there would be nothing better than to beat his mob in the finals or grand final.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
midas_touch
Club Player

Absolutely loved the atmosphere when we played them in the QF last year. It was awesome to outnumber them in the stands for a change, as well as give s*** to them as they left during the last quarter.

Hoping for a repeat of the same this finals series!

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

There's no doubt they despise us.

Many reasons including 1) the 1966 GF; 2) Greening/O'Dea; 3) the fact that we have bundled them out of the finals two years running; and 4) that Lockett took special delight in kicking bags against them at every opportunity, saving his best football for their feral supporters.

They hate us so much that they headhunted a favorite son in Max and a traitor in Luke Ball in an attempt to spite us.

They hate us so much that their coach publicly slandered one of our stars ... in front of a national television audience - an appalling display that reveals much of the man's true nature and is unbecoming of an AFL coach.

They hate us so much that it threatens to become all-consuming and destroy them. They hate us because they fear us.

I'd love us to turn their hatred back on themselves and to be able to laugh in their faces this September, hopefully in the big one.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: St Kilda Collingwood Rivalry

Get used to it because it's only going to get worse in the coming weeks; especially as we will be playing the filthy magotts in the GF......

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

bunch of children

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we may have beaten them in our last five finals meetings.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I am just wondering what Eddie will bring up in the media during September to try and put us off. Fat, ferral fool. :roll:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:I am just wondering what Eddie will bring up in the media during September to try and put us off. Fat, ferral fool. :roll:
Whatever he brings up, he will have to qualify by saying first " I am not trying to bring up old issues but"

Geez I hate that

I love this club
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

The best bit about the atmosphere at last years QF was waving goodbye to them in the last quarter.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:i have a lot of respect for Joffa. he cops a lot from the public when he does very little wrong. he supports his club, and abuses the other clubs..but we all do that.

i don't....to me he is just a self promoting creep.....piece of filth actually..... :evil: :evil: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

A fair share of the current hatred has to do with the 'liar' episode.

I just tell everyone I know who is a Collingwood supporter that the flag is theirs to lose, it's in the bag....

Hopefully it makes for some enjoyment later :wink:

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
saintdooley wrote:i have a lot of respect for Joffa. he cops a lot from the public when he does very little wrong. he supports his club, and abuses the other clubs..but we all do that.

i don't....to me he is just a self promoting creep.....piece of filth actually..... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Agree Stinger, just like his master fat ed

I love this club
bigred
Saintsational Legend

f*** Collingwood.

f*** Joffa.

f*** Eddie.

Simple as that.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
stinger
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:f*** Collingwood.

f*** Joffa.

f*** Eddie.

Simple as that.

and the saints will do just that to the pr1cks in september......unless the filth exit in straight sets

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Duggie
Club Player

I have a motto:
I support The Mighty Saints, and any team playing Collingwood. :lol:

A Saint Forever!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: St Kilda Collingwood Rivalry

Where's JPB?

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaahhaaaa

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

waved goodbye at apparently.......

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
stinger wrote:

Bet neither of you (or anyone else saying similar here) have met the guy.

Honestly, one of the nicest guys you'll meet. Loves his club just like anyone else out there does, but is just the figurehead for Collingwood. Would be nice if our cheersquad were able to get someone noticeable out there, but... guess not.

People who have played in the off season games would have encountered him. He organised the ground, helped with the after match food and refreshments, and just made the day/s flow nice and easily.

Have also had personal encounters with him, where he gave myself and mates tickets to a Melbourne Victory match. Didn't ask for any money for them, and they weren't cheap seats.

So, before you go slagging off someone, get to know someone first (might be a good rule amongst yourselves on here too!)

They walk amongst us...

rexy
SS Life Member

HSVKing wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:
stinger wrote:

Honestly, one of the nicest guys you'll meet. Loves his club just like anyone else out there does, but is just the figurehead for Collingwood. Would be nice if our cheersquad were able to get someone noticeable out there, but... guess not.

People who have played in the off season games would have encountered him. He organised the ground, helped with the after match food and refreshments, and just made the day/s flow nice and easily.

Have also had personal encounters with him, where he gave myself and mates tickets to a Melbourne Victory match. Didn't ask for any money for them, and they weren't cheap seats.

So, before you go slagging off someone, get to know someone first (might be a good rule amongst yourselves on here too!)
Good post Aaron, well done young man.

Maybe this year?
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:
stinger wrote:

he sent me a Happy Birthday txt, i bet he didnt do that for you :P

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
HSVKing wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:
stinger wrote:

he sent me a Happy Birthday txt, i bet he didnt do that for you :P
There we go, more proof he's not what most people say.

But no, I haven't Dools. Maybe you should be the clown for the St Kilda cheer squad? :wink:

They walk amongst us...

saint3d
Club Player

Right now I couldn't care less about rivalries and such.

Sure, St Kilda has to beat three teams in the finals to win the premiership, but which teams they are is orders of magnitude less important than actually winning.

Once all is said and done, if Collingwood happened to have been a victim along the way I'll be able to watch the replay and say 'suffer in your jocks, Luke/Mick/Eddie/Alan/Joffa'. But while it's on I prefer to cheer for my team than against the opposition.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Past rivalries are the stuff of the Herald Sun.

Through the cleverness of our esteemed leader Ross the Boss, we have risen above such antiquated horseshit.

Now we have 15 (soon 16) rivals.

We take each on its merits.

If others need some spurious historical reminder to gee themselves up,m they're kidding themselves.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'