Dean Cox

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints94
SS Life Member

Dean Cox

There have been rumours that Dean Cox wants out of West Coast and is looking for a fresh start, should we chase him at age 29? if so who should we trade for him?.........

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dean Cox

Saints94 wrote:There have been rumours that Dean Cox wants out of West Coast and is looking for a fresh start, should we chase him at age 29? if so who should we trade for him?.........
Leigh Fisher or Andrew Lovett.

Middo
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Saints94 wrote:There have been rumours that Dean Cox wants out of West Coast and is looking for a fresh start, should we chase him at age 29? if so who should we trade for him?.........

Both .....!!!

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Both .....!!!
kosi

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Maybe Kosi could gain a new lease of life over in the west? maybe Cox could be the answer to our prayers? Maybe, just maybe, we should look further than a "quick fix" and bring on our OWN ruck

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Maybe Kosi could gain a new lease of life over in the west? maybe Cox could be the answer to our prayers? Maybe, just maybe, we should look further than a "quick fix" and bring on our OWN ruck
If the short term approach wins a flag I couldnt give a stuff but if it doesnt RL will not be rated greatly by me even though others think he is the messiah. I must say I do laugh at people when they say some trades have cost us nothing. Well they do cost a young player a place on your list and another a place in the side.

Anyway like I said win a flag and if we finish last for the next 5 years I wouldnt care.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Is this the same rumour that has them trading Pick No 4 for more experience?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:Maybe Kosi could gain a new lease of life over in the west? maybe Cox could be the answer to our prayers? Maybe, just maybe, we should look further than a "quick fix" and bring on our OWN ruck
If the short term approach wins a flag I couldnt give a stuff but if it doesnt RL will not be rated greatly by me even though others think he is the messiah. I must say I do laugh at people when they say some trades have cost us nothing. Well they do cost a young player a place on your list and another a place in the side.

Anyway like I said win a flag and if we finish last for the next 5 years I wouldnt care.
Yes sir. I'll raise you a full ten years last. Just one f****** flag first please.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
ace
Saintsational Legend

Twang Raph Clarke.
He will play as many senior games over the next 10 years as his bother Xavier - absolutely zero.
A pair of Hamsters.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

For mine Cox is too old and too expensive. Looking at our Ruck stocks we look pretty good. We have Gardi, Ben, Rhys, Kingy & Kosi. Kingy will probably retire at seasons end. I hope Gardi has another year in him. By then I can see Ben & Rhys being a similar, if not better combination than Hille & Ryder !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

If Dean Cox looked over his shoulder..he'd see his best footy behind him

Ditto Daniel Kerr

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Could it be said of Kosi too?

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Winmarvellous
Club Player

Kosi would have to look a bit further down the road I think

sainter104
Club Player

by next year Mckevoy will be better than cox

by 2012 i expect Stanley and Patterson to be above Cox

however i like the Lovett trade

Raff to star 2011

Behind Play
Club Player

It's not a Cox we need, its speed and a strong backline..... a tough full back.

super dooper
Club Player

IMO Cox has played his best footy and he looks slightly disinterested alla C.Cornes at Port...

These players have danger written all over them on the trade table.

What is wrong in entrusting McEvoy with some actual responsibility??? Sure he wont have 25+ possession games like Cox who WAS practically a giant midfielder but there has to be more upside in playing OUR kids over someone who is whinding down their career and looking for a retirement pay packet...

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

cox wont leave !!! i the egirls wont trade him cause he is a much loved player in the west who even though he's playing poor he is better then the other options they have in the ruck (palm tree can jump but is two parts usless when it comes to reading the play and knowing where to run and Tony Notte is to skinny and usless Lynch may be out the door )

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Get him and space twitter him back to 2004. He will have won us several flags by now. He might even have been able to keep that GT fellow off footy classified.

Make it have happened already!

Yeah nah pleasing positive
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

super dooper wrote:IMO Cox has played his best footy and he looks slightly disinterested alla C.Cornes at Port...

These players have danger written all over them on the trade table.

What is wrong in entrusting McEvoy with some actual responsibility??? Sure he wont have 25+ possession games like Cox who WAS practically a giant midfielder but there has to be more upside in playing OUR kids over someone who is whinding down their career and looking for a retirement pay packet...
Weren't similar things said about a certain Michael Gardiner, when he was at the end of his time at West Coast?
I think Cox is disgusted at his teammates over there and would probably lift considerably, if he came to a side like ours. If his body is OK we'd be mad not to look at him.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Didn't we make a huge play for Cox when he was yet to play a game for the Eagles (when he was sitting on the rookie list?)???

Would be foolish to pick him up, he isn't half the player he was two years ago. I hear Clark Keating is still looking for a new home...

Give big Mac the big job, Gardi will go around again, and time needs to be put into Stanley in the ruck, not up forward but rucking!

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
saintnick12
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yes sir. I'll raise you a full ten years last. Just one f****** flag first please.

I'll take that too :wink: :wink: And to think we were a kick away last year. Seems a long way away now.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.