Building to the greatest triumph

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

older saint
SS Life Member

Building to the greatest triumph

Call me silly but the more that occurs and the more resiliant this group becomes the more I believe that this could end up being one of the great modern day faiytales of against all odds success.

* Trade 1st round draft pick for a player that never plays a game
* Have former captain leave the club for no compensation
* Best player misses over half the season with injury
* Previous alledged misdemeneours of current players get dragged up again in the media
* Record not as good as previous season and doubters a plenty.

IF the saints were able to beat the unbeatable Geelong on the last saturday in September no need to write the script the movie can be made.

sainter#4
Club Player

i sometimes wonder too much about last year and this year, and those sentiments echo in my head that all this controversy will end with us winning the big one like the eagles did in "06".

but deep down im scared shtiless by the cats and i just wish someone with complete confidence that i have been lacking ever since the granny last year will just come along and make me believe im a fool for doubting our boys

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

sainter#4 wrote:i sometimes wonder too much about last year and this year, and those sentiments echo in my head that all this controversy will end with us winning the big one like the eagles did in "06".

but deep down im scared shtiless by the cats and i just wish someone with complete confidence that i have been lacking ever since the granny last year will just come along and make me believe im a fool for doubting our boys
Round 14 2009 should do the trick I reckon. Whenever in doubt I go back to that game for inspiration.

sainter#4
Club Player

Round 14 20009 should do the trick I reckon. Whenever in doubt I go back to that game for inspiration.

i tried to watch it about a month or so ago, but i sitll cant bring myself to watch any game from last year... :(

older saint
SS Life Member

Remember you do not need to be the best team all season ( Saints 2009) you only need ot be the best team in September ( Haw 2008)!

35...LEGEND
Club Player

[quote="older saint"]Remember you do not need to be the best team all season ( Saints 2009) you only need ot be the best team in September ( Haw 2008)![/quote]

SAINTS 2010 :twisted:

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Sydney 06
Hawthorn 08
Geelong 09

The three above teams were not top dog in those years, and for further proof, go back to Lions in 01, 02 & 03, did not finish top in any of those years.'

Theres no doubt if we can go into September with close to our best team on the park, we'll give it one hell of a shake.