Jesse Smith injured anyone know anything.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint58
Club Player

Jesse Smith injured anyone know anything.

I noticed Jesse Smith went off in last weeks Sandy game is it his anke again could some one let me know please.

And what about Armo and Gram will they be ready for the Geelong game.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jesse Smith injured anyone know anything.

saint58 wrote:I noticed Jesse Smith went off in last weeks Sandy game is it his anke again could some one let me know please.

don't know anything about jesse,
but

armo is out for 3-4. will not be back for another 3 weeks at least. therefore will miss the geelong game.

gram not sure. i doubt that he will be back for the geelong game as there does not appear to be an end date for his comeback as yet.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jesse Smith injured anyone know anything.

saintly wrote:
saint58 wrote:I noticed Jesse Smith went off in last weeks Sandy game is it his anke again could some one let me know please.

don't know anything about jesse,
but

armo is out for 3-4. will not be back for another 3 weeks at least. therefore will miss the geelong game.

gram not sure. i doubt that he will be back for the geelong game as there does not appear to be an end date for his comeback as yet.
armo wont be ready till round 15
rossy said gram will be back before roo. If roo is due back in a couple of weeks my money is on gram back for the cats game.
Would like to see only one change, zac in for raph

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Doc Larkins said today that Gram was out for 6 weeks - at best, after a hip groin athroscope which he sustained during pre-season. He said at best 2 more weeks, so possibly the Geelong game if all goes well.

Scoop
Club Player

Apparently J Smith not serious....more precautionary.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
saintnick12
Club Player

Scoop wrote:Apparently J Smith not serious....more precautionary.
Great new if correct. I was concerned when I heard he had limped off last week. They won't be taking any chances with him

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Scoop wrote:Apparently J Smith not serious....more precautionary.

Thats good to hear!

Bowey Boy
Club Player

According to everyone's favourite journalist (back page of Sunday Herald-Sun Sport 20/6)...

"Smith has again been put into cotton wool by the Saints"....."remains in doubt for next weekend's VFL clash".

Apparently experienced more pain in an ankle.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
starsign
Club Player

Sounds like an on-going challenge for our highly rated fitness team, but while Jess keeps motivated and his spirits up , who knows it could be one of the greatest comebacks since Lazarus!!

saintly
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote:Sounds like an on-going challenge for our highly rated fitness team, but while Jess keeps motivated and his spirits up , who knows it could be one of the greatest comebacks since Lazarus!!
according to hutchy, jesse is out for the year.

if this is the case, draft pick waste

hotdish
Club Player

saintly wrote:
starsign wrote:Sounds like an on-going challenge for our highly rated fitness team, but while Jess keeps motivated and his spirits up , who knows it could be one of the greatest comebacks since Lazarus!!

He took the spot of X Clarke who is also out for the year - Jesse has way more upside, so i'm willing to give him another year next year - our fitness staff will no doubt be learning about his body and what does/doesn't work for him...

keep the faith!

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Gardiner was out injured most of his first two years....look at him now. And alot older.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:

I hope the club apologises. :P

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:

According to Hutchy, Roo was playing with the GC next year...

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

The only "Hutchy" I listen to is Greg Hutchison.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Hutchi works on a show with with Liam Pickering on SEN. Liam is Jess' manager....

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Saint4Eva
Club Player

A friend said they saw Jesse on the weekend and the poor fella has a terrible limp so I guess things dont look the best for him.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Saint4Eva wrote:A friend said they saw Jesse on the weekend and the poor fella has a terrible limp so I guess things dont look the best for him.
Hmm.......second AFL club....thrown all resources at him......still no cigar........Im not as confident with this one.....

“Yeah….nah””
ThePunter
Club Player

Even if it does not work out with Jesse, a late pick in a weak draft was probably not a big loss. Certainly not our worst spending of a draft pick last year.

He did only have 20-30% range of motion in that ankle when he arrived, which was apparently improved to 80%. The setback is disappointing, but hopefully they can work on him to be right for next year.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Hutchi works on a show with with Liam Pickering on SEN. Liam is Jess' manager....
Going by that logic then ablett is signed to the Gold Coast because hutchy has been pushing that all year despite what pickering says.

BTW I'm confused... I thought according to the scribes roo was out for the year? :roll:

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

ThePunter wrote:Even if it does not work out with Jesse, a late pick in a weak draft was probably not a big loss. Certainly not our worst spending of a draft pick last year.

He did only have 20-30% range of motion in that ankle when he arrived, which was apparently improved to 80%. The setback is disappointing, but hopefully they can work on him to be right for next year.
Was the draft actually that weak last year after all? I know that was the geniune assumption at the time. But I saw an article last week somewhere (probably HS) that talked up last years draftees and so far - there have been quite a few draftees that have done a great job!

I guess now I have to reconsider my decision to draft in Jesse into my SC team! hahaha

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
SaintPav wrote:Hutchi works on a show with with Liam Pickering on SEN. Liam is Jess' manager....
Going by that logic then ablett is signed to the Gold Coast because hutchy has been pushing that all year despite what pickering says.

BTW I'm confused... I thought according to the scribes roo was out for the year? :roll:
You're thinking about this way too hard dude.......

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

St Ick wrote:
ThePunter wrote:Even if it does not work out with Jesse, a late pick in a weak draft was probably not a big loss. Certainly not our worst spending of a draft pick last year.

Was the draft actually that weak last year after all? I know that was the geniune assumption at the time. But I saw an article last week somewhere (probably HS) that talked up last years draftees and so far - there have been quite a few draftees that have done a great job!

I guess now I have to reconsider my decision to draft in Jesse into my SC team! hahaha
For all the handwringing about the lack of 18 year olds, IMO the recruiters have been well and truly shown up for writing kids off after their initial draft year.

While the headliners have been Pods and Barlow (whose ineligibility for rising star seriously shows up the award), when you start throwing in Stratton, Webberley, Nason, the concern of depth in the draft is assuaged.

Talent at the top end was never a big concern, and a lot of the top 30 have not only debuted, but look like keepers (and not just the much hyped top 3 either).

There are shallow drafts, drafts short on talent, and drafts full of projects (look at '02... wouldn't have wanted to be building the GC out of that crop, but plenty of quality in retrospect)... for a draft only a year old, the '09 draftees are nothing to sneeze at.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

On Smith...while yes we would have all liked him to play AFL this year...I think the reality was that he was always mora 2011 player with 2010 being about "rebuilding" him.

A bit like Walsh. Lost of of hype..but was also a propsect for in a year or two...rather than in year one.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Saints94
SS Life Member

I reckon that our facilties at the moment is second rate and when we move to our brand new facilitie in Frankston, he will have better resources to reach top gear and play "Saints Footy".