150th game for Kosi this Friday

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

150th game for Kosi this Friday

Wishing the big fella all the best for Friday night, hope this milestone brings with it some self belief and confidence that he has made it this far.

Would love to hear everyone encouraging him on Friday.

I haven't given up on him, and I am hoping this may be the game where he realises that he hasn't given up on himself.

Go Kosi :D
Last edited by SainterK on Wed 02 Jun 2010 6:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Could crowd noise help in lifting his confidence? If so, we might be able to help. All he has to do is get his hands on the pill nice and early !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Got to be selected first. :wink:

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

I havent given up on the big man either, hopefully this is the confidence boost that he needs to play some good football

Go Kosi, all the best for your 150th big fella

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
jk23
Club Player

Re: 150th game for Kosi this Friday

SainterK wrote:Wishing the big fella all the best for Friday night, hope this milestone brings with it some self belief and confidence that he has made it this far.

Would love to hear everyone encouraging him on Friday.

I haven't given up on him, and I am hoping this may be the game where he realises that he hasn't given up on himself.

Go Kosi :D
I haven't given up either, all the best and congratulations !!!!!! :wink:

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

He deserves our support, and our thanks, and our respect. Thats what supporters should do,

When he took that mark in the last quarter last week I feared he would receive the bronx cheer. From where I sat it sounded like a roar of encouragement. Other clubs would have given him the ironical cheer but I thought we showed pure class.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
BelfastSaint
Club Player

Go Kosi .....

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

It'd be good for him...and us...if he took a pack mark early in the first quarter and went back and slotted it through for a goal......and hopefully Ross leaves him on the ground to build on his good start......

Dare to Dream :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Got to be selected first. :wink:
A guy who is down in confidence gets dropped on the eve of his 150th.

Yeah that'll help.

You sure are a grumpy one!!! :roll:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

It's an away game, we may be outnumbered by Tigers fans!

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Selhurst Saint wrote:He deserves our support, and our thanks, and our respect. Thats what supporters should do,

When he took that mark in the last quarter last week I feared he would receive the bronx cheer. From where I sat it sounded like a roar of encouragement. Other clubs would have given him the ironical cheer but I thought we showed pure class.
Im pretty sure it was the bronx cheers, well from what i heard

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Dream start, out of the centre, big kick to 20 metres out, Kosi hits the pack and drags down a big one, goes back and slots it.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
bergsone
SS Life Member

Got to be doing something right to get to 150.I didnt

Good luck

saintnick12
Club Player

Selhurst Saint wrote:He deserves our support, and our thanks, and our respect. Thats what supporters should do,

Funnily enough, I actually thought it was a bit a bronx cheer, which was sad. And then he turned it over. :(
I love Kosi. Always have. I just don't think its going to happen that he will be the player we all thought/hoped he would be. The best we can hope for is that he might get back his form from the first half of last season. If you watch the membership season review dvd you'll see he actually played quite a few very good games. A bit of a reminder that he can do it. Doesn't look like doing it any time soon though. Looks worse without Roo, rather than better like many thought. Seems to be suffering from having the better defenders on him. At least with Roo in the forward line, multiple defenders are drawn to him, leaving Kosi with a chance to break free on occasion.

I'll be there on Friday night to cheer him on.

Go KOSI :D

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
linz
Club Player

bergsone wrote:Got to be doing something right to get to 150.I didnt

Good luck
Just what I was thinking. I watched the replay (Saints V Crows) this morning (tragic I know).

Kosi involved several times without taking possession himself did bring the ball to ground for Milne & Shneiderman to take advantage.

Time to put him in my Supercoach side 'cause any player who plays 150 games is OK by me.

WELL DONE KOSI!!

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

bergsone wrote:Got to be doing something right to get to 150.I didnt

Good luck
Farking this!! Good luck Kosi, hope you find some form!

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:

yes, bronx cheer it was :)

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:
clarky449 wrote:

yes, bronx cheer it was :)
Damn, must have been where I was sitting. :(

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
Zippy
Club Player

I hope he plays well. He's proved his character in the past, so I know he'll get his confidence back.

I remember him giving the crowd a thumbs-up when he was stretchered off after the Gianseracusa bump. To give that thumbs-up with a fractured skull is just about the most awesome thing I've seen.

Mind you, the second-most awesome thing I can see is someone who can spell Gianserrakusa. It took me years to get Koschitzke right.

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

I wouldn't wish this on us, but with Roo going down, its similar to the effect it would have on Joey if Dal and Lenny went down. Great players in a position bring others up. Maybe Kosi isn't as good as we all had once hoped, but I love his endeavour and so long as he keeps getting his hands on it creating opportunities, I'm happy.

Good luck in the 150th big fella - I hope he proves everyone wrong and I'm predicting 5 to half time! :wink:

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
ace
Saintsational Legend

Richmond's "tall" defenders
Luke McGuane 192cm, Will Thursfield 192cm, Brett Deledio 188cm

If Kosi and Stanley can't take marks against these shortees, they can't mark.

Kick it long to the tall timber and demand they mark it.
Excuses like bringing the ball to ground wont wash this week.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Add Macca or Gardy to that - and we should have a record number of marks in fwd 50 this week!

I'm looking at a massive final 1/4 after Richmonds game last week in the wet - will be good for confidence if we finish really well.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

well Done Kosi

for any player to get to ten years and 150 games it's a good career- and we know your are working hard to help make this St Kilda Team a great one.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:well Done Kosi

for any player to get to ten years and 150 games it's a good career- and we know your are working hard to help make this St Kilda Team a great one.

BIG TIME DITTO

GO KOSI!!!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Awesome work to get to 150, considering injuries, suspension, changes of position and up-down form. Way to go Kosi...have a biggun Friday!