NAB Cup Semi Final squad

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintlee
Club Player

NAB Cup Semi Final squad

As expected Rooey and BJ rested and Tommy Lynch might get a run

# - NAME
1 - Jason Gram
2 - Steven King
4 - Clint Jones
5 - Ben McEvoy
6 - Zac Dawson
7 - Lenny Hayes
10 - Steven Baker
11 - Leigh Montagna
13 - Adam Schneider
14 - Jarryn Geary
19 - Sam Gilbert
20 - David Armitage
21 - Nick Heyne
22 - Farren Ray
23 - Justin Koschitzke
25 - Sam Fisher
26 - Nick Dal Santo
27 - Jason Blake
28 - Rhys Stanley
29 - Tom Lynch
30 - Brett Peake
32 - Andrew McQualter
33 - James Gwilt
37 - Liegh Fisher
38 - Will Johnson
39 - Alistair Smith
45 - Luke Miles
44 - Stephen Milne
49 - Steven Gaertner

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thanks, still an impressive lineup 8-)

Quixote
SS Life Member

Great to see Lynch, Will Johnson and Heyne named.

Still no Gardy.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
fingers
Saintsational Legend

After all the Stanley banter it would be good to see him get some real game time and responsibility.

No injuries and more game time in legs is all we want ;)

saintnick12
Club Player

Interesting that Sam Fisher is named. As Roo and BJ are just being rested (ie no new injury), you would think Fisher would also be rested if any hint of an injury. Hopefully last week was just a pre planned half game.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

As bizarre as it sounds I like watching us play without Roo sometimes. Makes us more unpredictable and, particulalry in the context of NAB cup, gives the Stanley-type 'pressing-for-a-placers' a real chance to shine.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
markinUSA
SS Life Member

Thanks for sharing the team list. I'm excited to see the new players too.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
ThePunter
Club Player

I think you'll find Blake and Sam Fisher swapped at half-time last week, and that was their scheduled break.

If they all play (they are all named), then King, Jones, McEvoy, Dawson, Montagna, Schneider, Gilbert, Armitage, Ray, S Fisher*, Blake*, Stanley*, Peake, McQualter, Gwilt, A Smith, Milne and Miles will have all played all three games (18 players, asterisk demotes substituted at some stage).

saintnick12
Club Player

ThePunter wrote:I think you'll find Blake and Sam Fisher swapped at half-time last week, and that was their scheduled break.

If they all play (they are all named), then King, Jones, McEvoy, Dawson, Montagna, Schneider, Gilbert, Armitage, Ray, S Fisher*, Blake*, Stanley*, Peake, McQualter, Gwilt, A Smith, Milne and Miles will have all played all three games (18 players, asterisk demotes substituted at some stage).
Yep, I thought it was a scheduled break too, but there was some speculation on the forum after the game last week that Fisher might have been injured.
Glad to see that is most likely not the case.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

hmm no bj
this will see how they go

go sainters 8-)

Cro
Club Player

Very keen to see our forward set up this weekend.

Quixote
SS Life Member

As much as a practice match can, I think we'll learn a bit more about Al Smith this weekend. One blinder in Saints colours followed then by a shocker. How does he respond?

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Quixote wrote:As much as a practice match can, I think we'll learn a bit more about Al Smith this weekend. One blinder in Saints colours followed then by a shocker. How does he respond?
Shocker? He was quiet, but hardly a shocker. What about his mark in the last quarter running back with the flight of the ball.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:
Quixote wrote:As much as a practice match can, I think we'll learn a bit more about Al Smith this weekend. One blinder in Saints colours followed then by a shocker. How does he respond?
Shocker? He was quiet, but hardly a shocker. What about his mark in the last quarter running back with the flight of the ball.
i agree he definatly didnt have a shocker of a game ... i think it was just he had a real blinder the week before .....

also againts the swans he was always going to be less effective due to the swans playing style

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Heyne, Lynch, L.Fisher, Will Johnson and Gaertner come into the squad, with Goddard and Reiwoldt out. Only two will play. I hope it is out of Heyne Lynch and Johnson.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Heyne, Lynch, L.Fisher, Will Johnson and Gaertner come into the squad, with Goddard and Reiwoldt out. Only two will play. I hope it is out of Heyne Lynch and Johnson.
Surely others from inside the squad could also be rested or be carrying a slight injury.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

All 5 coming into the squad coulkd play. I hope we get to see at least Lynch and Johnson for the first time.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

nah, it wasn't a shocker. the first week he played most of the time in the middle, but the second week he was on a forward flank and found it harder to get into the game. still contributed, but also seemed a bit light-bodied to have much impact against the swans.

but i agree it'll be interesting to see him this week if he gets a run.

georgie girl
Club Player

NAB cup squad

Looking forward to seeing Rhys Stanley again - hopefully more game time. Looks very promising!
Can anyone please explain what the blue singlets mean in NAB cup? Haven't watched it on tv, been at games, so have missed possible explanations??

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I hope all 5 play,give some of the regulars a spell,it'd be just like Tassie
last year.

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Looks like Stanley will get a lot of game time with that squad...which will be pleasing

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SaintWodonga
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:Looks like Stanley will get a lot of game time with that squad...which will be pleasing
Very Pleasing, also hope Kosi lifts!

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Looks like Stanley will get a lot of game time with that squad...which will be pleasing
Very Pleasing, also hope Kosi lifts!
with Grover out for a few weeks with a knee i would imagine Freo will struggle to find a player to keep up with kosi ... im tipping a BIG game from Kosi this week (provided RL doesnt put him as the super sub)

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
borderbarry wrote:Heyne, Lynch, L.Fisher, Will Johnson and Gaertner come into the squad, with Goddard and Reiwoldt out. Only two will play. I hope it is out of Heyne Lynch and Johnson.
Surely others from inside the squad could also be rested or be carrying a slight injury.
I was thinking maybe Baker?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Re: NAB cup squad

georgie girl wrote:Looking forward to seeing Rhys Stanley again - hopefully more game time. Looks very promising!
Can anyone please explain what the blue singlets mean in NAB cup? Haven't watched it on tv, been at games, so have missed possible explanations??
Blue singlets are worn by substitutes.
The person they replace then wears the blue singlet and cannot come back on.
Hope that helps.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell