Pies get Jolly

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintrod
Club Player

Pies get Jolly

No first round pick from the pies for Ball

COLLINGWOOD has secured Darren Jolly from Sydney in exchange for picks 14 and 46

Sydney coach Paul Roos was exasperated last night before the deal was sealed.

"What is on offer is just not good enough, and we won't be budging at this point,'' he said, before the Pies sweetened the deal with pick 46.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/j ... 5784004377

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Ball is worth more than a high second round pick IMO.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Legendary
Club Player

Puts Collingwood in a difficult position - IMO they will try and trade Davis to West Coast or Fremantle and grab a combination of 1st/3rd round picks ... and then offload the 1st rounder to us for Ball.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
This improves the chance that ball will stay a saint because i dont think the saints will agree on a trade for ball with out a first round draft pick unless a good player and a second round draft pick is involved.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Cant see that Luke will be a pie if thats the case.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
This improves the chance that ball will stay a saint because i dont think the saints will agree on a trade for ball with out a first round draft pick unless a good player and a second round draft pick is involved.
He wont stay a Saints.

He has squibbed it and walked out on his mates.

Would they want him back.

If we cant trade him - delist him and off to the PSD.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Gilbert The Great
Club Player

will go to another club or psd before playing for the saints next year, imo would be a step backward for the club if plays at the saints next year

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Dean Bailey just loaded a gun, put it to Ross Lyon's head and said...

"I'm going to be nice to you. Here's our second round pick. Take it or take nothing."

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
This improves the chance that ball will stay a saint
It was mentioned in today's paper that there was a "Slight" chance that Ball would stay with the saints. Was that speculation on the part of the journo? or was Connors conducting his business through the papers .........again/still? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

older saint
SS Life Member

StKIlda has indicated they are more interested in players than draft picks therefore this really does not change a lot.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:He wont stay a Saints.

Just been thinking- as this whole week has saddened me

It may be that IF Luke were now to stay- It would be the Supporters he would have a harder time convincing than the team........

you would assume being as they have been close- that he would have spoken to them and often over the last few months and you would hope over the last couple of weeks or before Monday.
being as someone said- 'it's a job" and you do what is best- " then they may be more understanding than supporters/ fans who basicly invest more heart than money into the situation...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Gee they must be working late tonight, all these deals seem to be coming through in the evening after the official trading hours have finished.
Must have deregulated the shopping hours.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:Gee they must be working late tonight, all these deals seem to be coming through in the evening after the official trading hours have finished.
Or a very good bottle of Red !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:Gee they must be working late tonight, all these deals seem to be coming through in the evening after the official trading hours have finished.
Or a very good bottle of Red !!
huh???

edit: oh sorry, thought you were talking to me!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Not sure that Luke can or will get back to the Saints after what has transpired (him asking to be traded and us picking up Lovett & Peake etc). May well have reached the point of no return and if the Pies stuff us around we may just have to look at other clubs that may want him.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Same thing happened last year with Ryan O'Keefe. He asked for a trade, named a club he prefered to play at. A deal couldn't get done, so he stayed at the Swans and won their B&F.

Didn't seem to be any issues with fans and players accepting him in the team after he had asked to be traded

Legendary
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:Dean Bailey just loaded a gun, put it to Ross Lyon's head and said...

"I'm going to be nice to you. Here's our second round pick. Take it or take nothing."
Ball does not have to sign a contract however ... and he would not go to Melbourne IMO ... not instead of St Kilda.

He may go to Essendon, he would not go anywhere else I don't think. Possibly Sydney, although he wants to stay in Melbourne.

The pressure is still on Collingwood, they have a top flight player who wants to play for them, their supporters and coaches would be disappointed if they couldn't get a deal done.

Lennon
Club Player

#1GILL wrote:Same thing happened last year with Ryan O'Keefe. He asked for a trade, named a club he prefered to play at. A deal couldn't get done, so he stayed at the Swans and won their B&F.

Didn't seem to be any issues with fans and players accepting him in the team after he had asked to be traded
Fair point. Let's hope.

Don't think I could cope with seeing Luke in another club's jumper.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:
evertonfc wrote:Dean Bailey just loaded a gun, put it to Ross Lyon's head and said...

Ball does not have to sign a contract however ... and he would not go to Melbourne IMO ... not instead of St Kilda.

He may go to Essendon, he would not go anywhere else I don't think. Possibly Sydney, although he wants to stay in Melbourne.

The pressure is still on Collingwood, they have a top flight player who wants to play for them, their supporters and coaches would be disappointed if they couldn't get a deal done.
Above that I think they want him, he wouldn't have nominated them without some fair indication that he was a part of their plans?

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

What about Hawthorn or Carlton? At least they have players and/or picks that would be of interest to us. I just don't see anything at Collingwood that is of the same value of Luke.

Do you think that Hodge would come across? Straight swap would be nice..... 8-)

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Royston
Club Player

Previously posted this:

Either Nathan Brown and a pick for Ball.
20yrs old so only young - big strong CHB (195cm's) - can lock him in for 10yrs.
Build a backline around him and still plenty of upside!
Free up the Sam's

Or McKinley from WCE with Ball to Pies & Davis to WCE

With Peake coming is Everitt off the agenda??

Yes I would think

Milton66
SS Life Member

#1GILL wrote:Same thing happened last year with Ryan O'Keefe. He asked for a trade, named a club he prefered to play at. A deal couldn't get done, so he stayed at the Swans and won their B&F.

I'll bet you $10 he won't win the B&F next year if he comes back.

Different calibre of player.

O'Keefe > Ball

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
undecided
Club Player

Time to start offering ball to everyone. Anyone who is no a flag threat should be our prefered destination.

Does anyone think Brisbane might be interested. They seem to be looking around for players to bring in. But who would we want from them.

Milton66
SS Life Member

saintbrat wrote:
joffaboy wrote:He wont stay a Saints.

Just been thinking- as this whole week has saddened me

It may be that IF Luke were now to stay- It would be the Supporters he would have a harder time convincing than the team........

you would assume being as they have been close- that he would have spoken to them and often over the last few months and you would hope over the last couple of weeks or before Monday.
being as someone said- 'it's a job" and you do what is best- " then they may be more understanding than supporters/ fans who basicly invest more heart than money into the situation...
I think most supporters will be forgiving.

The question is: Will he get a game? Given our trades so far.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Milton66 wrote:

I'll bet you $10 he won't win the B&F next year if he comes back.

Different calibre of player.

O'Keefe > Ball
If Ball stays, he will be lucky to get a game, let alone with the B&F. He has shot himself in the foot and I can't see how this situation is salvageable at this point.

Fortius Quo Fidelius