maxi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gosainters66
Club Player

maxi

can we fit maxi in the side

SAINTS FOR EVER
saintlee
Club Player

Re: maxi

gosainters66 wrote:can we fit maxi in the side
Not with Zac in there....

GrumpyOne

Unfortunately...... too physically fragile to be depended on to see a tight game out in full. :cry:

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

Geelong in the granny ,,,

Shouldn't we go with Max over Zac ?

I know ,, wishful thinking ,, but I'd like to see it happen.

What will be next from this club ?
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

max plays - we win - lyon becomes a hero for the ages!

zac plays - does a rutten - lyon becomes a craig!

the so called physical fragility of max isn't as big a danger as the mental fragility of zac! the lad was a bit headless last week when we were under pressure

i hope lyon can see past the belief that a boy can do a man's job - finals require mental strength, not just a team plan - as we saw last night.

and yes, i'm stirring the pot - but i'd prefer max play.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
matrix
Saintsational Legend

good call DS
zac has that bloody habit of the arm around the opponents waist, do that in the dying seconds and it could cost us

but he has been good all year
cant see him getting dropped
but id like to see max in on fri....last chance,he will blitz imo

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I'm finding all this quite bizarre. Are we going to have a new 'Max' thread every day?

Now people are making up and imagining scenarios that could happen. I've watched Max his whole career and have seen him give away some pretty silly free kicks, yet now we have supporters making up silly free kicks that Zac is going to give away...quite bizarre and in my opinion quite disrespectful to a kid who has performed beyond our wildest expectations and contributed to the best St Kilda defence in our time.

Max will play if Ross sees a match up and he can convince the selectors he can play to our new game style / plan. If he plays, great...if not then support all the Saints players picked.

If we do go all the way and win our second flag I have a feeling that some of our supporters will not give Zac due credit for his contribution this season...somehow it will be glossed over or conveniently forgotten.

That free kick given to Anthony was given away by an AA full back. Also you only need to see Presti's stock in trade is to grab the arm of an opposong forward before the contest, fortunately for Collingwood this is only penalised about one in five contests...maybe less.

Sure feel for Max but get behind every player, don't write them off through imaginings.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:I'm finding all this quite bizarre. Are we going to have a new 'Max' thread every day?

Now people are making up and imagining scenarios that could happen. I've watched Max his whole career and have seen him give away some pretty silly free kicks, yet now we have supporters making up silly free kicks that Zac is going to give away...quite bizarre and in my opinion quite disrespectful to a kid who has performed beyond our wildest expectations and contributed to the best St Kilda defence in our time.

Max will play if Ross sees a match up and he can convince the selectors he can play to our new game style / plan. If he plays, great...if not then support all the Saints players picked.

If we do go all the way and win our second flag I have a feeling that some of our supporters will not give Zac due credit for his contribution this season...somehow it will be glossed over or conveniently forgotten.

That free kick given to Anthony was given away by an AA full back. Also you only need to see Presti's stock in trade is to grab the arm of an opposong forward before the contest, fortunately for Collingwood this is only penalised about one in five contests...maybe less.

Sure feel for Max but get behind every player, don't write them off through imaginings.
don't fret so - it is a forum!
some posters say why they think zac should play, some why they'd prefer max - some give an example - max may get injured, zac may be found wanting under pressure.
come the game whoever gets in will no doubt have the full support of all of us - and if we win, will get the kudos they deserve.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:I'm finding all this quite bizarre. Are we going to have a new 'Max' thread every day?

making up?
its an opinion of something he does
thats all
so what?...he aint going to get dropped imo
but as soon as he is out of position he does it
max doesnt do it because he is rarely out of position
i think max wont get a recall unless we get an injury in the backline on friday night.
who cares who else holds their opponent.

i for one will not be glossing over zacs achievements when he is part of our successful side.
Last edited by matrix on Sun 13 Sep 2009 1:26pm, edited 1 time in total.

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote:I'm finding all this quite bizarre. Are we going to have a new 'Max' thread every day?.
Excuse me ,, I am not in the habit of just posting new threads ,, this was an older thread that I posted on.

Strength through Loyalty means a lot to me ,,,,

Play Max

What will be next from this club ?
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:

don't fret so - it is a forum!
some posters say why they think zac should play, some why they'd prefer max - some give an example - max may get injured, zac may be found wanting under pressure.
come the game whoever gets in will no doubt have the full support of all of us - and if we win, will get the kudos they deserve.
Trust me DS, I don't fret and thanks for pointing out that it's a forum, I guess that's why I posted my opinion on your opinion.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

If Robert Harvey was playing this year, would he play or would he be left out?
look what i've found that managed forex

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote:If Robert Harvey was playing this year, would he play or would he be left out?
look what i've found that managed forex
Harves would probably not be playing finals this year, if he had kept playing.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell