Grandfinal MCC tickets Question

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintfox
Club Player

Grandfinal MCC tickets Question

Hi Guys just after a little info on Grandfinal Day. I may be able to source a MCC Ticket holders Card for the Big Day.
My question is what are the chances of actually being stopped and asked for id to match the name on the MCC Card?
Also whats my chances of actually getting in?
Any help would be appreciated Cheers.

Be the best you can ... If not have fun trying....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Grandfinal MCC tickets Question

saintfox wrote:Hi Guys just after a little info on Grandfinal Day. I may be able to source a MCC Ticket holders Card for the Big Day.
My question is what are the chances of actually being stopped and asked for id to match the name on the MCC Card?
They have a picture of the member on the ticket so I wouldnt give it out if I was the member. Chances of being caught. 10% I would think.

saintfox
Club Player

The Card holders Picture was taken about 9 years ago.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintfox wrote:The Card holders Picture was taken about 9 years ago.
Does he she look anything like you. Still have to sign if asked as well.

Trojan
Club Player

The chances of being caught are slim to none. I've been to the last couple of GFs and never been checked or seen people being checked. They don't look at the photos. I'd say you'd have to be very unlucky to be caught. (Although, they may decide to crack down this year, who knows?)

I'm an MCC member who will be in Cape Town, South Africa on the big day this year.

I won't be giving my membership away to another friend (or member of Saintsational!). The risk is still too high, for me.

Can you imagine if I had my membership suspended and I wasn't able to watch the Saints in the 2010 Grand Final?!? I'd never forgive myself...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Trojan wrote:The chances of being caught are slim to none. I've been to the last couple of GFs and never been checked or seen people being checked. They don't look at the photos. I'd say you'd have to be very unlucky to be caught. (Although, they may decide to crack down this year, who knows?)

I'm an MCC member who will be in Cape Town, South Africa on the big day this year.

I won't be giving my membership away to another friend (or member of Saintsational!). The risk is still too high, for me.

Can you imagine if I had my membership suspended and I wasn't able to watch the Saints in the 2010 Grand Final?!? I'd never forgive myself...
So the chances of getting caught are slim to none but you will not give yours away. To me that suggests the guys shouldnt use his mates either.

Legendary
Club Player

Big penalites for the member themselves if you get caught ... personally would not be risking it

Trojan
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Trojan wrote:The chances of being caught are slim to none. I've been to the last couple of GFs and never been checked or seen people being checked. They don't look at the photos. I'd say you'd have to be very unlucky to be caught. (Although, they may decide to crack down this year, who knows?)

So the chances of getting caught are slim to none but you will not give yours away. To me that suggests the guys shouldnt use his mates either.
Slim to none is still too high to risk missing the GF in 2010. :)

Sunday Red
Club Player

You imagine they'd be cracking down more during the finals.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Don't do it. Two words I have heard........CRACK DOWN.

From a horse's mouth pretty close to the action.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
edpost

I'm sure the MCC will be cracking down on members lending their cards during the finals series. A friend of mine is an MCC member and he stupidly lent his card to a friend during the home and away season and was picked up on a random ID check in the Members Reserve. He lost his membership for three years but still has to pay the fees during his suspension. A costly and stupid error. He's a great Saints man and is mortified he won't see the mighty Saints in the finals series unless he can secure public tickets. It's got to the stage that he hopes the Saints won't make the GF as he won't be able go.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I also am a MCC member, would not lend it. When ever we have been there they are very strict. Not only would you mate loose his membership, you wouldn't get in.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Nattens
Club Player

If you are a MCC member DO NOT EVER LEND YOUR CARD!!!!

The consequences far outweigh the benefits.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

edpost wrote:. It's got to the stage that he hopes the Saints won't make the GF as he won't be able go.

He's a great supporter then.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

chances are low - i reckon 1 in 20. But thats 5%. and penalty is high. very high! lose your membership and back to the back ot the queue. risk/reward pay off means DO NOT lend it out (unless it is your identical twin in which case i reckon u are 100% fine).

ace
Saintsational Legend

The illegal card user is the biggest clue themselves.
They can give themselves away by their lack of familiarity with the dress code, entry process, and hestitating where to go once in.

AND of course there are the checks for entry into the balcony and long room areas where cards have to be shown.

The club takes a dim view of card misuse at normal times when some seats are left vacant.
BUT at the Grand Final the card misuse means a genuine member who comes later gets excluded.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: BUT at the Grand Final the card misuse means a genuine member who comes later gets excluded.
Only if the reserve is full, which happend last year but hasn't happend previously since 2000.

I reckon SEN's advice is a good one, if they are indeed doing a crack down this year, it aint worth the risk.

IMO the MCC have been pretty slack with random checks for years, so it makes sense this year with 4 Vic teams in the Top 4!

saintfox
Club Player

Thanks for your help guys looks like ill keep shaking trees and hopefully a magic ticket will fall my way. Worst case senario i guess i'll depart with on of those high priced corp packages. Cheers

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Nattens wrote:If you are a MCC member DO NOT EVER LEND YOUR CARD!!!!

The consequences far outweigh the benefits.
Well said!!!!!

My card was very carefully checked when I came back into the ground thru the passout gate pre-match at last years GF...and I heard another attendant tell someone to take their thumb off the face pic. A few years ago when photo ID first came in Club staff walked along the queue before the GF checking random cards for correct ID

Even in the AFL Members, who dont have pics on their cards, Members are advised to take Photo ID with them to the GF as it may be checked

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
mordi
Club Player

random checks have been going on for years.

they will even check juniors randomly eg. my daughter was stopped last year ( in the ground) and asked to show her visitors ticket and her age!

4 words to any MCC members reading this: DO NOT RISK IT!

What's the Point of it All?
Nattens
Club Player

saintfox wrote:Hi Guys just after a little info on Grandfinal Day. I may be able to source a MCC Ticket holders Card for the Big Day.
I missed this bit when I first read this page.

I personally shall miss out on attending the Grand Final as my MCC membership is yet to be Full and is still Restricted which means I can't enter the ballot of walk-up. Yet in doubt of this I have contributed a large amount in membership fees as a Restricted and Restricted Junior member so far in my tenture on this earth.

For someone who did not wait in the waiting list for the 15 years or however long it is to be accempted and doesn't contribute a cent to the MCC and therefore the MCG you should be ashamed of yourself if you accept his card and go to the match considering you would be cheating members like myself who pay their dues and wait their time to be able to.

Shame on you!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Nattens wrote:
I missed this bit when I first read this page.

I personally shall miss out on attending the Grand Final as my MCC membership is yet to be Full and is still Restricted which means I can't enter the ballot of walk-up. Yet in doubt of this I have contributed a large amount in membership fees as a Restricted and Restricted Junior member so far in my tenture on this earth.

For someone who did not wait in the waiting list for the 15 years or however long it is to be accempted and doesn't contribute a cent to the MCC and therefore the MCG you should be ashamed of yourself if you accept his card and go to the match considering you would be cheating members like myself who pay their dues and wait their time to be able to.

Shame on you!
People will always try and cheat the system.....it's part of our convict culture.

If someone offered an MCC member $1000 to borrow their ticket, the member may think it's worth the risk......then again, you can buy a "package" for $1350 which is 100% risk-free!

ace
Saintsational Legend

I too am able to source a MCC Ticket holders Card for the Big Day.
I am not concerned about being stopped and asked for id to match the name on the MCC Card.
My chances of actually getting in are 100%.

You see I am a full member of the MCC and have been for over 25 years, and the money for my Grand Final reserved seat has already been taken from my bank account. :D :D :D

21,500 full members of the MCC registered for the reserved seat ballot of 12,000 seats.
A further 10,000 seats and at least 1,000 standing room will be available to full members (and guest cards) only on first come first serve basis.
I was lucky.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA