If we win the flag

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

If we win the flag

Once we reach the top of the mountain, hopefully that will be this year, will u still crave a premiership as much as u do right at this moment, will that desire to win the 2010 flag demonish just a little bit after reaching the ultimate goal in 2009.

For me I would happily win the wooden spoon in 2010 and have a year of pain and torment just to feel that magic feeling in 2009.

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
35...LEGEND
Club Player

Re: If we win the flag

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:Once we reach the top of the mountain, hopefully that will be this year, will u still crave a premiership as much as u do right at this moment, will that desire to win the 2010 flag demonish just a little bit after reaching the ultimate goal in 2009.

For me I would happily win the wooden spoon in 2010 and have a year of pain and torment just to feel that magic feeling in 2009.

this

bozza1980
Club Player

Re: If we win the flag

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:Once we reach the top of the mountain, hopefully that will be this year, will u still crave a premiership as much as u do right at this moment, will that desire to win the 2010 flag demonish just a little bit after reaching the ultimate goal in 2009.
I'm not sure if it will diminish it, but it would definitely be a different desire.

Hopefully we will know the answer in 4 weeks.

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

OOPS i mean DIMINSH my bad

The Peanut
Club Player

We will win the flag -
Gotta be 100% positive this year

It takes a good team with good luck to win a flag - this is our year - enjoy

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Saints Divine in 2009
Do it again in 2010

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I see no reason for such a decline, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if we don't finish in a similar postition next year. If the team can acheive multiple, go for it I say....

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:I see no reason for such a decline, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if we don't finish in a similar postition next year. If the team can acheive multiple, go for it I say....
I think i'll wait to see if they can win one before i start talking about a twopeat,maybe after following them for an eon my cynicism is hard to shake...maybe i've reached the point where i have to see it to believe it...

I haven't been confident about the final outcome all year and i'm still not.

I am hopeful though.....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
marksnsparks
Club Player

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:I see no reason for such a decline, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if we don't finish in a similar postition next year. If the team can acheive multiple, go for it I say....
Agreed. Lets face it, we've got plenty of catching up to do...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
I think i'll wait to see if they can win one before i start talking about a twopeat,maybe after following them for an eon my cynicism is hard to shake...maybe i've reached the point where i have to see it to believe it...

I am hopeful though.....
It may sound negative but an older true saints supporter should only ever be hopeful never confident. I am only hopeful until i wake up sunday after the GF and read in the papers we won the thing.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:OOPS i mean DIMINSH my bad

nearly there :wink:

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Will need a bigger cabinet.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:

I am hopeful though.....
It may sound negative but an older true saints supporter should only ever be hopeful never confident. I am only hopeful until i wake up sunday after the GF and read in the papers we won the thing.
I am not being negative, but has being careful and cautious over the years "protected" you from being disappointed?

I highly doubt it....

If you could also define how being an "older" makes you more of a "true" supporter? I grew up watching the ups and frequent downs of my saints supporting parents / grandparents, yet I still chose to embrace this football club....it's not like I was ever influenced by success....so us "younger" supporters deserve some credit for our loyalty.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:

I am hopeful though.....
I am not being negative, but has being careful and cautious over the years "protected" you from being disappointed?

I highly doubt it....

If you could also define how being an "older" makes you more of a "true" supporter? I grew up watching the ups and frequent downs of my saints supporting parents / grandparents, yet I still chose to embrace this football club....it's not like I was ever influenced by success....so us "younger" supporters deserve some credit for our loyalty.
Wasnt meaning to have a go at younger supporters just that we have been through times that most dont deserve.

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

DIMINISH

mick13
Club Player

f*** it man, 3 in a row might make up for the countless spoons.

But yes, if we win the flag this year, I don't think the feeling/passion will ever be there again. That first flag...will be amazing.

Theres a few analogies to use here, but I'm sure you can imagine that for yourself!

CaptainRiewoldt
Club Player

This is why I hate STKILDA we are such LOSWERES!! qwe win flag and what than jst forget about 2010 youd be happy I wouldnt if we got a spoon the 2009 flag would seem more like a fluke as hawks did this year must back it up bloody stupid culture happy to püiss it awaz f***** idiots

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Let's just hope we peak at the right time, we have the list for a tilt at the Holy Grail for the next 3 seasons......

But.....lets just get this one first and go from there.....

I just have a feeling we're about to explode come week 1 of the finals.

Finna
Club Player

This is the reason we haven't won a flag since '66 and only have one in the cabinet!

If we were to win it then only back to back will do next year. F*** that. Wodden spoon :evil:

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

This year is emotional. Next year would be purely business.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

im confused :?

IF we win the flag :?: :?:

claystreet
Club Player

When we win the flag i wont care about the next season or the one after that.

:P

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

mick13 wrote:f*** it man, 3 in a row might make up for the countless spoons.

But yes, if we win the flag this year, I don't think the feeling/passion will ever be there again. That first flag...will be amazing.

Theres a few analogies to use here, but I'm sure you can imagine that for yourself!
you cant be serious. Its like people saying they would drive Riewoldt to the airport themselves to go to the GC if we won the flag. Just stupid.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:

Sadly, I'm in agreeance with this statement !!