Would you pay $1300.00 plus to see a saints GF

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Would you pay $1300.00 plus to see a saints GF

I'm about to pay a minimum of $1300.00 for a GF ticket. This is the cheapest you can get a ticket for without being some sort of member. They can go as high as 3k depending on the package you buy.

Just wondering how much other Saints supporters would be willing to pay that don’t have access to GF tickets through their membership entitlement.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Yes, in years to come you won't remember the money, only the memory.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Beej
Saintsational Legend

What are the chances of lining up at ticketek and getting a ticket? I know they're small but how many would actually get a ticket this way?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:What are the chances of lining up at ticketek and getting a ticket? I know they're small but how many would actually get a ticket this way?

Not possible these days.

Geezer
Club Player

zero chance of getting a grand final ticket at ticketek if your not a social club member.
better chance of getting hit by a falling satellite whilst being bitten by a shark IMO.

#35 - Thanks for the Memories.
21 Great Season's
Simply Remarkable
Beej
Saintsational Legend

But those people who sleep outside a ticketek overnight?

How many of those tickets are available to the public?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:But those people who sleep outside a ticketek overnight?

How many of those tickets are available to the public?
Dont think that happens anymore.

Geezer
Club Player

none are available to the public.
st.kilda's entire ticket allocation will go to social club members and if any of them dont take up the offer. . .then football club members in a ballot will get the opportunity.
the club this year capped their social club at the amount of allocated GF tickets to ensure every social club member was guaranteed a GF ticket if a) we made it
b) they want one.

21 Great Season's
Simply Remarkable
shmic_s
Club Player

Only ways to obtain a Grand Final ticket:

Be a MCC Full Member
Be an AFL Full Member
Be a Full/Social Club Member of one of the competing teams
Obtain a ticket thorough an AFL or Club sponsor
Win one of the numerous promotions/competitions
Purchase a Corporate package

http://www.afl.com.au/tickets/grandfina ... fault.aspx

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Geezer wrote:none are available to the public.
st.kilda's entire ticket allocation will go to social club members and if any of them dont take up the offer. . .then football club members in a ballot will get the opportunity.
the club this year capped their social club at the amount of allocated GF tickets to ensure every social club member was guaranteed a GF ticket if a) we made it
b) they want one.
probably the best wasy of doing it. very unfortunate for those who don't have access but there no other way we can really do it, and certainly no way to keep all parties happy.

It just sucks that as a participating team you get such a pathetic amount of tickets.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Geezer
Club Player

agreed.

id pay upwards of 2 grand for a grand final ticket if we made it and i didnt have one.
the corp packages are ok
had one a few years back.
grand final brekfast at crown palladium.
stroll to the mcg
premium reserved tickets.
was a great day . . just without the greatest team

21 Great Season's
Simply Remarkable
asiu

every social club member was guaranteed a GF ticket

haha , haha
hehe , hehe
i'm a laughing gnome
and u can't catch me

haha , haha
hehe , hehe
i'm a laughing gnome
and i'm off to the g

should of got a social club , do da , do da
should of got a social club , ha ha, ah ha
Last edited by asiu on Fri 28 Aug 2009 5:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:
b) they want one.
probably the best wasy of doing it. very unfortunate for those who don't have access but there no other way we can really do it, and certainly no way to keep all parties happy.

It just sucks that as a participating team you get such a pathetic amount of tickets.
You may say that but I would suggest about 22000 Saints members will see the GF this year and we only had 31000 and probably 6000-8000 of those couldnt attend anyway so not that many members miss out.

shmic_s
Club Player

yep, upgraded my membership when we were 5-0.
quite glad i did now!

saintly
Saintsational Legend

only if i knew they were going to win!

Sainterman
Club Player

Think I'd rather wait till I knew we'd made it before committing the $1,300.

bozza1980
Club Player

Sainterman wrote:Think I'd rather wait till I knew we'd made it before committing the $1,300.
Not a bad call, they are still flogging those packages off late in the week.

Not too mention exhausting the option of the numerous scalpers still offering them in the $300-500 sort of range, unless we are playing Collingwood. It could be a little difficult in that case.

bozza1980
Club Player

shmic_s wrote:yep, upgraded my membership when we were 5-0.
quite glad i did now!
I was suprised there were still social club memberships available mid year.

If we make the GF and I'm there, all the years of buying a social club membership will be more than worth it.

asiu

:D please play loud , says the laughing gnome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqWP18cIhZc

better sound , but i was setting the scene before ...67 i think http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWoT9elA-oY

asiu

they can play this at my funeral .......tossers

i'm naughty

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:
b) they want one.

You may say that but I would suggest about 22000 Saints members will see the GF this year and we only had 31000 and probably 6000-8000 of those couldnt attend anyway so not that many members miss out.
but some still do. and it will be a few more than you anticipate. the die hards, those who see 15+ games a season miss out because of the wine and cheese tasting knobs of the world who couldn't care less about the result. Yes people should buy social club memberships if they want to be there, and yes there are ways of getting there at a price but the AFL wouldn't survive without the week in, week out support of the members yet they so quickly neglect them at the business end of the season.

i await your smart arse, afl arse kissing response with great anticipation

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:
b) they want one.

but some still do. and it will be a few more than you anticipate. the die hards, those who see 15+ games a season miss out because of the wine and cheese tasting knobs of the world who couldn't care less about the result. Yes people should buy social club memberships if they want to be there, and yes there are ways of getting there at a price but the AFL wouldn't survive without the week in, week out support yet they so quickly neglect them at the business end of the season.

the s
What have I said to you lately to upset you? Sorry if i see both sides of this but as an AFL, MCC and Saints member I can see every side. The AFL wouldnt survive without supporters and they wouldnt survive without sponsers.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:
b) they want one.

but some still do. and it will be a few more than you anticipate. the die hards, those who see 15+ games a season miss out because of the wine and cheese tasting knobs of the world who couldn't care less about the result. Yes people should buy social club memberships if they want to be there, and yes there are ways of getting there at a price but the AFL wouldn't survive without the week in, week out support yet they so quickly neglect them at the business end of the season.

the s
What have I said to you lately to upset you? Sorry if i see both sides of this but as an AFL, MCC and Saints member I can see every side. The AFL wouldnt survive without supporters and they wouldnt survive without sponsers.
nothing mate, i'm just used to hearing your sarcastic responses and am getting used to predicting what you may say next :wink:

i do like your work plugger i get a chuckle out of it, i'm all for winding others up.

i do think in this case with the finals ticketing that it is a joke though

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

You could always try your luck at winning some....

Beej
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:as an AFL, MCC and Saints member I can see every side.
Firstly, you know you've always been a favourite poster of mine.

Secondly, does that mean you're entitled to three tickets for the grand final, one for each of those memberships?

*making eyes*