Why I left not wanting to come again....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Why I left not wanting to come again....

I am going to share something with you all. It upset me so much that I left my seat early and feel worse then any loss. This is at a tim where we are so good on field and have the world at our feet.

I sit in the social club area and have always had different people sit next to us. Sometimes they are negative, sometimes positive. But I usually never really noticed to much of what others are saying.

In the first quarter raph marked a ball and the couple behind me commented that they were suprised raph actuallly marked it, with the lady saying "yeah it was easy". I just rolled my eyes and made the comment that "any defensive mark is never easy"..... wasn't much but it was the start of a 4 quarter diatribe directed at raph clarke.

everytime raph went near the ball the old man shouted that he shouldn't be in the team, he was terrible. He also knocked the backline for handpassing among many other things (most leading to goals).

I stupidity (more in shock as this is the way the top teams play now) asked the old man if he actually watched geelong the last 2 years as they do it all the time... I abused and told to shut up along with something about russia.....

at this stage I was poked by the lady behind me, told I was "scum" among other lovely things. They arrogantly knocked raph for the rest of the game as I tried to support him whenever the ball went near him.

What was the go, there are 43 other players and no abuse towards them, (hard not to relise the difference is he is black)they fell over, turned it over.... etc.... in the end I was spending all my time DEFENDING a player who doned OUR COLOURS..... he was battling his guts out for this club and all they could do is bag him.....

Then during the whole final quarter, knowing they had upset and passionately HURT me as a supporter they pretended to SUPPORT raph everytime he went near it..... SARACASM is the lowest form of wit

to cut the story short, I don't want to go to the footy anymore. I would have put up with it if they were pies supporters but the abuse and negative s*** that comes out of our SO CALLED SUPPORTERS has pushed me over the end.

I have spent days in the ice at waverley at -4o, seen the rain go side ways, sat next to pies supporters with no teeth, spent a prelim in adelaide, seen some of the worst defeats.... terrible coaches and average players...

NEVER have I wanted to throw it all away, I love this club more then my family and friends now. But I don't want to go anymore, listen to the crap our fans give the likes of raph clarke. Some will say harden up, I am just passionately SICK to death of it.

<<<<<<< is going cold turkey for a week, no saints and no s***.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

meh, simply dont sit with the weak theatre goers!! Come stand on L1 and you wont have to worry about numbnuts like that! VERY SIMPLE !!!

kaos theory
Club Player

Solar - You can't change idoits. They exist and there is nothing you can do to make them different.

Don't let idoits ruin things for you. Just change seats if you can't ignore them. Life is too short to worry about the behaviour of fools.

Enjoy our wonderful season and what is about to come....

Flag for dad

Wow Solar, on behalf of the rest of us I'm really sorry you had to put up with that.

I too have bagged Raph in the past but not as a person, more that I have questioned the decisions to keep playing him above other players.

I am VERY happy to say that I am very red-faced now as Raph has shown dedication week after week.

Please don't give up on us....some of us are wonderful, 2-eyed people!

#16 - I question him but can't wait to be proven wrong.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

That truly sucks Solar. There are sad sack nuffies amongst every team's fans. Know that if that's their attitude to watching footy when we're 16-0 then they're probably miserable, sad little people without much that's good in their lives. What to do but let it go and enjoy the ride the boys are giving us.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

You should not worry about tossers like that, every team has a few of those types. I dont mind somebody being unhappy witht he team from time time, but I do find the personal attacks distasteful.
I am sure Raph and his teamates would not want u staying away because of a fool

I thought he was good today, and the ppl around me were supportive of him to.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Just goes to show, you can't buy happiness - unless someone wants to sell it to you.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Gee...if everyone was affected by what people say at the games the stands would be empty...time to harden up methinks.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

these are the kind of arseholes who don't DESERVE to see a premiership - it's funny but whenever a fellow St Kilda supporter pisses me off I always wish something bad would happen to their club like they would fail or something - then I realise its my club too.

I think I might have a mental problem if that's the way I think... :?

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Spoken like a true supporter. They may think they are true fans because they pay the fees for memberships and all that, but they are not. I would be upset too if I was you, we are supposed to be united.

Other types that annoy me were the ladies I sat next to last week wearing all their St Kilda gear, both got up and walked infront of me about 5 times each in the middle of play, no they didn't even wait for a goal or a ball up. When they were actually in their seats they didnt watch the game and talked the entire game about crap that wasnt even sporting related (finance, traveling, blah blah blah). One eventually supported for 3 seconds calling 'marry me'.

Sort of ruined the game for me with the constant disruptions and loud talking, but hey their choice I guess. Just annoys me they wear the colours without showing a glimmer of support.

Young Georgie
Club Player

If you can't shut em up, shut em out: headphones - those big funky DJ ones!! - and the radio on the game should do the job Solar. Stuff them, morons are morons no what colours they wear and they're out there to spoil your fun if you let them.

Graceful, elusive, strong overhead and no Easybeat!
SaintDebi
Club Player

Solar, don't give up on going to the footy. You are obviously a true blue, passionate saints supporter, and we need you there!
I'm really sorry you had such a crap day today. As bad as directing abuse at our players is abusing and intimidating our fellow supporters.
I've been known to comment negatively about Raph's game (and others at times), but always to those I am with only, and only in response to what is happening in the "here and now". We all have moments of frustration, but most of us are able to contain it without abusing and criticising our boys and antagonising our fellow supporters. If you are right in suggesting any of the abuse of Raph is racial, then I am both naively shocked, and ashamed for anybody who could be so poorly behaved.
Try to write today off as an abhorrent anomaly, and remember instead the passion and commeraderie I'm sure you've enjoyed with fellow Sainters over the years.
Come September I hope you will be celebrating surrounded by happy like- minded Sainters united in the euphoria of our boys holding that cup aloft.

felixleo
Club Player

That really sucked Solar and i'm sorry your experience of the game was lowered by these nuff nuffs. Unfortunately as half the population are below average intelligence you will meet them everywhere. Just hope that as time goes on and Darwins theory of evolution will weed them out. But even then 50% will still be under average. Just hope that the average gets raised higher.

Are you gonna be the one?
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I am one of those who have been critical of Raphs performances , tonight I found myself praising him with every good piece of his play, some have difficulties moving on.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Dont let em get you down Solar!!!

I too was sickened by the behaviour of some of our "fans " today..and Im gonna start a new thread on it (if it hasnt been done already) such was my amazement at how ignorant and selfish some of our own were today!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

sticks and stones Solar, sticks and stones.

sleep on it and see how you feel in a few days.

If you still don't feel better, then lets us know and we'll sort it out the old fashion way, with sticks and stones.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

i rmember when harvey won the michael tuck medal, a fair few got an earful from me :)

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
gooner
Club Player

Mate I get a few round me like that often. In fact there is a guy who sits two seats away from my reserved seat who sounds exactly like that. Makes me want to not renew my seats next year.
Unlike you though I don't have the balls to turn around and give him a serve. Well done for doing that.
Today Raph played an Ok game, certainly no worse than others, and yet gets bagged.
Just remember its the same people who bag him who are also yelling "Just kick it!" They would have been the ones who booed when we chipped it around in the final qtr when the game was won, we have a short break and were a man down. Total farkwits who have no idea.
If I've taken one thing from this year it's that Ross Lyon knows a hell of a lot more about footy and the St Kilda Football Club than anyone in the stands so maybe we should all just shut up and trust his decisions.

"The humble improve" Wynton Marsalis
Sunday Red
Club Player

Harden the f*ck up and sit somewhere else instead of 'boycotting' the game of your team that is 16-0 and playing third on the ladder next week.

Sorry to hear it happened, but jeez. You'll get over it.

F_Q_F
Club Player

Buy a radio and listen to the commentary if you are that thin skinned.

St Michele
Club Player

Personally Solar I would just move seats don't let small minded people spoil your love of going to the footy. Go and sit with the others on here who seem to go every week and have a good time.

Michele
(who is jealous as she would love to be able to see the Saints play live every week)

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
VietNam_Saint
Club Player

C'mon Solar , you'll be alright.
You surely don't want to stop goin to the footyover such a devestating incident.

Mum and Dad told me about the supporter in front of them that they were upsetting.

They only get let out on game days . I've had words with them about it , and they promise never to do it again. :roll:

What will be next from this club ?
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Why I left not wanting to come again....

Solar wrote:I am going to share something with you all. It upset me so much that I left my seat early and feel worse then any loss. This is at a tim where we are so good on field and have the world at our feet.

I sit in the social club area and have always had different people sit next to us. Sometimes they are negative, sometimes positive. But I usually never really noticed to much of what others are saying.

In the first quarter raph marked a ball and the couple behind me commented that they were suprised raph actuallly marked it, with the lady saying "yeah it was easy". I just rolled my eyes and made the comment that "any defensive mark is never easy"..... wasn't much but it was the start of a 4 quarter diatribe directed at raph clarke.

everytime raph went near the ball the old man shouted that he shouldn't be in the team, he was terrible. He also knocked the backline for handpassing among many other things (most leading to goals).

I stupidity (more in shock as this is the way the top teams play now) asked the old man if he actually watched geelong the last 2 years as they do it all the time... I abused and told to shut up along with something about russia.....

at this stage I was poked by the lady behind me, told I was "scum" among other lovely things. They arrogantly knocked raph for the rest of the game as I tried to support him whenever the ball went near him.

What was the go, there are 43 other players and no abuse towards them, (hard not to relise the difference is he is black)they fell over, turned it over.... etc.... in the end I was spending all my time DEFENDING a player who doned OUR COLOURS..... he was battling his guts out for this club and all they could do is bag him.....

Then during the whole final quarter, knowing they had upset and passionately HURT me as a supporter they pretended to SUPPORT raph everytime he went near it..... SARACASM is the lowest form of wit

to cut the story short, I don't want to go to the footy anymore. I would have put up with it if they were pies supporters but the abuse and negative s*** that comes out of our SO CALLED SUPPORTERS has pushed me over the end.

I have spent days in the ice at waverley at -4o, seen the rain go side ways, sat next to pies supporters with no teeth, spent a prelim in adelaide, seen some of the worst defeats.... terrible coaches and average players...

NEVER have I wanted to throw it all away, I love this club more then my family and friends now. But I don't want to go anymore, listen to the crap our fans give the likes of raph clarke. Some will say harden up, I am just passionately SICK to death of it.

<<<<<<< is going cold turkey for a week, no saints and no s***.

sorry to hear that solar...they are the real scum not you......you should have told them to shut the f*** up...but then you might have got turfed not them........probably i would have asked them politely and quietly if their abuse of raph was race related.........

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Only one course of action for you Solar, join the cheersquad....

Winmarvellous
Club Player

I'm sorry.. but to throw in the racist call beacause of Raph is wrong. I think that has more to do with you than anyone else. Not good form by the other supporters either.