Magnificent!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Magnificent!

Gday Folks! :D

It was great to catch up with my pals pre-game last friday. I've just watched the tape of the match and in the cold light of day I'm able to see just how magnificent the game was. (I was far too wound-up to "enjoy" the match at the ground) What a great advert for AFL two teams going at each other from go to woe, with the scorelines going up and down from quarter to quarter. The great thing to take from this game for me is that the team were up against (seemingly) irresistable momentum from the young Carlton side urged on by a full house of their supporters and they had the strength of character not to buckle under immense pressure. What a good bit of experience for (hopefully :roll: ) September action.
Sainters you were magnificent!
And good on those guys behind me on level three who were trying to rev-up OUR crowd after a Carlton goal! Take a bow guys!!!!!
Love to all (Its GREAT to be back!!!)

Dave :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Agree completely. It's hard to thoroughly enjoy a game when you're not sure if your team is going to win. Watching the replay (knowing the result) gives you a chance to really appreciate how great the game actually was. In the cold light of day I found it difficult to be critical of any of our players. They tried their guts out, and it was a magnificent win. Certainly room for improvement, but satisfying all the same. As much as I hate the blues, the game of footy wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable if we didn't have clubs like them to despise :)

Young Georgie
Club Player

Great to hear!

Put into perspective without isolating and highlighting errors then blowing them out of proportion and looking at the scenario in its entirety with a rabid crowd and rampaging ressurgence, the character and courage of the Saints to withstand the attack and stay ahead was admirable.

This season's Cats v Dogs close one had the Cats in a similar situation all over their opponents then the Dogs came back like the Blues etc and we all know the result - was everyone criticizing the Cats and calling for changes? They didn't play particularly well but credit where credit's due.

Graceful, elusive, strong overhead and no Easybeat!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Dave, you're an absolute legend, sat near you and you fair dinkum rock, gr8 stuff mate :wink:

Interesting to note that Princes Park is located very close to the Royal Melbourne Zoo and after witnessing the behavior of many Carlton supporters, I was left wondering if this is in fact where many of them actually live and furthermore when you consider that a chimpanzee has a 98.6% DNA match with a human being when comparing likenesses, it would appear the chimps have many Carlton supporters covered!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
plumtire
Club Player

Magnificent!

good one Barks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

That has to mean B4E that Collingwood supporters must be much lower down on the evolutionary scale.
They do have a herding mentality blindly following each other with little individual intelligence can't quite make a genetic match though.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.