Gardiner, Gilbert, Milne, Goose?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Gardiner, Gilbert, Milne, Goose?

Who comes in?

Clarke out?

King out? (I wreckon he'd be pretty stiff to go from the footage)

Could we see a few changes this week?

I could be wrong but our first quarter could be our worst since the first for the year, could some heads roll based on our first halves performance?

Is Gardiner an instant selection?

The toughest week yet for selectors if Milne and Gilbert are fit.

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Probaly need to bring Gardy Gilbo and Milne

King even if not suspended rest him anyway. In Gardy
Raph had a shocker - In Gilbo

Who for Millne and who for possibly Goose ?

Geary for Milne?

Goose - geez how to you squeeze them in?

Milton66
SS Life Member

Gilbo 4 Raph
Gardi 4 McE or King
Milne 4 Baker

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
VietNam_Saint
Club Player

if kingy is out ,,, mc evoy stays right , gardy is an instant walk up
the week woulda done him good

raph out / gilbert in

we missed milne big today , but to bring him in ,,, and also Goose ,,

Geary , Gwilt and dare i say it , bakes. Pick two outta there to drop

For anyone bringing Blake into it , I reckon he definatly stays.

My 2 cents worth .

Opinions are like bumholes ,,, everyone's got one

What will be next from this club ?
Leo.J
SS Life Member

If Blake could stop giving away stupid frees, he wouldn't be in doubt in my mind, even then he's pretty safe IMO.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:Gilbo 4 Raph
Gardi 4 McE or King
Milne 4 Baker
agree that Gilbo for Raph and Gardy for Big Mac or Kingy looks fairly straight forward.
But who for Milney. He has to come in if fit, but who do you drop?
Not sure Bakes deserves to be dropped and if it is him, how does that effect the balance of the back six? Reckon it would be harsh on Geary to drop him, he's been good. Bakes.....mmmmmm, not sure about that. Gwilt - no, not after today. Who then?
Great dilemna to have isn't it. Worrying about who to drop because they're all earning their spot.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Yes, yes, yes yes.

Why can't we play our best available team against the Scum.

Gilbert In, R Clarke Out
Milne In, Baker Out
Maguire In, Gwilt Out
Gardiner In, McEvoy or King (only if suspended) Out

It would be so pleasing to thump the Scum by over 100 points once again.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Brooksy_Babe_24
Club Player

I'll probably get yelled for this but I honestly believe that Milney is far better then Schneider and if anyone is to go for milney it should be him.
He has had some very ordinary games this year and today's game while he bobbed up to help out a few times and his tackling was good he is nowhere near as good as milney is in terms of being front and center under kosi and roos feet

Brooksy I'll never Forget you

AKA Austinn's_Honey & Troy's_Gal
NEVER EVER BAG YOUR OWN PLAYERS

http://blog.myspace.com/sexc_saz
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Maguire In, Gwilt Out
did you even watch the game???? Gwilt was fantastic today I am so frigging sick of people wanting to drop him every week, why is goose a better option, has not played senior footy for the best part of 2 years

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Raph out for who ever raffle it off heck let RogerWA have a go but Raph has to be out

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I'd look at 4-5 changes at least. Yes rest King as we also have a rest one week later and drop 4 others.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Id be amazed if lyon made 4 or 5 changes, more likely gardiner 4 king and gilbo 4 clarke thats all ! Milney may still miss as weve now made the finals and will definately need him in good shape come september

Winmarvellous
Club Player

If King goes. Big Mac stays, if not Gards in for Big Mac
Raph for Gilbert
Milne for Gwilt (not through any fault of his own, just Milne better)
Best team on the park all season (although Max best start realising he needs to take the ball when over the top of it...caught a few times today)

claystreet
Club Player

Leo.J wrote:If Blake could stop giving away stupid frees, he wouldn't be in doubt in my mind, even then he's pretty safe IMO.
He have away 2 free kicks all day

BJ gave away 4 lets get rid of him :roll:

kaos theory
Club Player

how could goose get in atm?

The maximum would be 3 changes. ...and that is a stretch...

therefore assuming gilbo & milne are right:
- Gardy
- Gilbo
- Milne

Out:
- King (if suspented) or McEvoy
- Raph
- ????

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:how could goose get in atm?

- Gardy
- Gilbo
- Milne

Out:
- Raph
- ????
That is exactly what will happen if all are fit. Like you I find it hard to see who will be dropped for Milne. Whoever it is will be stiff. One I cant see it being is Baker as they no where near like for like. Baker has a huge role to play on a sides smallest forward and I see no logical replacement for him if he isnt in the side.

ace
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

- Gardy
- Gilbo
- Milne

Out:
- Raph
- ????

That is exactly what will happen if all are fit. Like you I find it hard to see who will be dropped for Milne. Whoever it is will be stiff. One I cant see it being is Baker as they no where near like for like. Baker has a huge role to play on a sides smallest forward and I see no logical replacement for him if he isnt in the side.
I know it takes away from the midfield run but Farren Ray has both the pace to stay with the small forwards and he is extremely good overhead.
These are Baker's two weaknesses.
Weaknesses that make him vulnerable when isolated as a one on one defender.
Baker is a square peg being asked to fill a round hole because he is such a good square peg.

Baker is a superb tagger who will be desperately required in that role come the last Saturday in September but a half back flanker or back pocket he is not.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

- Gardy
- Gilbo
- Milne

Out:
- Raph
- ????

I know it takes away from the midfield run but Farren Ray has both the pace to stay with the small forwards and he is extremely good overhead.
These are Baker's two weaknesses.
Weaknesses that make him vulnerable when isolated as a one on one defender.
Baker is a square peg being asked to fill a round hole because he is such a good square peg.

Baker is a superb tagger who will be desperately required in that role come the last Saturday in September but a half back flanker or back pocket he is not.
How many goals did his opponent kick today?

Finna
Club Player

Maguire needs to do a lot to step in to the best backline in the comp. To much of an unknown quantity and a risk for mine. I am not sure is up to it and could not possibly drop anyone for him.

in: Gardiner Out:King/McEvoy
In: Milne Out: Baker
in: Gilber Out: Raph

Saintersss
Club Player

Yep, Bakes can't go out for Milne, we need someone on their small forwards.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I'm curious as to why some posters are so keen to get goose back into the team - particularly in place of Gwilt? Gwilt's no superstar, but he provides a bit more mobility than goose. I would love to see Gwilt kick the ball long to advantage b/c he's a beautiful kick, rather than chip it 15m sideways. He also gives some of his short passes too much air. With Kosi marking so well I would love to see Gwilt just turn on his left and kick it long to advantage and see if Kosi could clunk it.

With Blake, Max, Zac and then goose all in the backline, I'm not sure we'd have the most skilful running backline that's required in today's game. I actually reckon Blake is keeping Goose out at the moment. Goose probably provides a bit more attack - but Blake is doing his job fine save for a couple of silly errors yesterday.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

baker has one real weakness and 'smart' (there aren't that many) opposition coaches put whoever baker is on, on the far wing or in the goal square to expose bakers height and lack of straight line leg speed.

its up to our coach (and lyon usually does) switch baker onto the player on the ball, not isolated in the goal square or on the far wing.

bakers positives far outweigh his negatives.

if you look at like this, baker is a knight in chess, he has awesome advantages, but limitations. he is sneaky, cunning, steps inside players to block their run to give our players a free reign, and sacrifices his game for the team.

he is performing the same roll as powell did for the saints in the early part of this decade.

you have your pieces, you have to use them effectively. baker is a highly skilled negator and opposition coaches know this. if he's on judd, then judd will get shifted to the goal square, so you switch baker onto scotland in traffic and put max on judd or something similar.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
send out the runner
Club Player

[quote="Brooksy_Babe_24"]I'll probably get yelled for this but I honestly believe that Milney is far better then Schneider and if anyone is to go for milney it should be him.
He has had some very ordinary games this year and today's game while he bobbed up to help out a few times and his tackling was good he is nowhere near as good as milney is in terms of being front and center under kosi and roos feet[/quote]

You have to be on it!! Snitzel is a lead up forward, getting a lot of the ball on half forward and wing areas. does a lot of hard work in working his opponent out of the hot spot areas as well as tackling preasure acros HF. If you watch the game , at stopages he is always setting up players with instructions( that would be knowing and seeing what may unfold).

You have a premiership player with great ability and experience. How in the hell is he to be on the wing as a link player, kick the ball into the 50, and be front and centre from his own kick.......pleeeeease!!!

Milney and the snitz in the same team are critical to our firepower success. When Milney has been out the two towers have extra opponents to contest with, as they sit off the Milney replacement that is not so zippy around the goals, hench our bad starts the last two weeks.

Milton66
SS Life Member

Brooksy_Babe_24 wrote:I'll probably get yelled for this but I honestly believe that Milney is far better then Schneider and if anyone is to go for milney it should be him.
He has had some very ordinary games this year and today's game while he bobbed up to help out a few times and his tackling was good he is nowhere near as good as milney is in terms of being front and center under kosi and roos feet
No doubt about Milne, but sheesh, Schneider is a very good footballer. Lyon won't drop him.

I'll also add that Schneider will win you a flag. Reminds me of Guearra in his first year. Looks like doing nothing, then bobs up and snags a few.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

King out for Gards if suspended, otherwise McEvoy will go.

Blake, Baker and Geary are the ones that have had a couple of below-par games and could be in trouble if Milney and Gilbert are fit.