Gardiner, Gilbert, Milne, Goose?

Who comes in?

Clarke out?

King out? (I wreckon he'd be pretty stiff to go from the footage)

Could we see a few changes this week?

I could be wrong but our first quarter could be our worst since the first for the year, could some heads roll based on our first halves performance?

Is Gardiner an instant selection?

The toughest week yet for selectors if Milne and Gilbert are fit.

Pwoit

Probaly need to bring Gardy Gilbo and Milne

King even if not suspended rest him anyway. In Gardy
Raph had a shocker - In Gilbo

Who for Millne and who for possibly Goose ?

Geary for Milne?

Goose - geez how to you squeeze them in?

Milton66

Gilbo 4 Raph
Gardi 4 McE or King
Milne 4 Baker

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
VietNam_Saint

if kingy is out ,,, mc evoy stays right , gardy is an instant walk up
the week woulda done him good

raph out / gilbert in

we missed milne big today , but to bring him in ,,, and also Goose ,,

Geary , Gwilt and dare i say it , bakes. Pick two outta there to drop

For anyone bringing Blake into it , I reckon he definatly stays.

My 2 cents worth .

Opinions are like bumholes ,,, everyone's got one

What will be next from this club ?

If Blake could stop giving away stupid frees, he wouldn't be in doubt in my mind, even then he's pretty safe IMO.

Milton66 wrote:Gilbo 4 Raph
Gardi 4 McE or King
Milne 4 Baker
agree that Gilbo for Raph and Gardy for Big Mac or Kingy looks fairly straight forward.
But who for Milney. He has to come in if fit, but who do you drop?
Not sure Bakes deserves to be dropped and if it is him, how does that effect the balance of the back six? Reckon it would be harsh on Geary to drop him, he's been good. Bakes.....mmmmmm, not sure about that. Gwilt - no, not after today. Who then?
Great dilemna to have isn't it. Worrying about who to drop because they're all earning their spot.

Yes, yes, yes yes.

Why can't we play our best available team against the Scum.

Gilbert In, R Clarke Out
Milne In, Baker Out
Maguire In, Gwilt Out
Gardiner In, McEvoy or King (only if suspended) Out

It would be so pleasing to thump the Scum by over 100 points once again.

Brooksy_Babe_24

I'll probably get yelled for this but I honestly believe that Milney is far better then Schneider and if anyone is to go for milney it should be him.
He has had some very ordinary games this year and today's game while he bobbed up to help out a few times and his tackling was good he is nowhere near as good as milney is in terms of being front and center under kosi and roos feet

Brooksy I'll never Forget you

AKA Austinn's_Honey & Troy's_Gal
NEVER EVER BAG YOUR OWN PLAYERS

http://blog.myspace.com/sexc_saz

Maguire In, Gwilt Out
did you even watch the game???? Gwilt was fantastic today I am so frigging sick of people wanting to drop him every week, why is goose a better option, has not played senior footy for the best part of 2 years

Raph out for who ever raffle it off heck let RogerWA have a go but Raph has to be out

I'd look at 4-5 changes at least. Yes rest King as we also have a rest one week later and drop 4 others.

Id be amazed if lyon made 4 or 5 changes, more likely gardiner 4 king and gilbo 4 clarke thats all ! Milney may still miss as weve now made the finals and will definately need him in good shape come september

Winmarvellous

If King goes. Big Mac stays, if not Gards in for Big Mac
Raph for Gilbert
Milne for Gwilt (not through any fault of his own, just Milne better)
Best team on the park all season (although Max best start realising he needs to take the ball when over the top of it...caught a few times today)

claystreet

Leo.J wrote:If Blake could stop giving away stupid frees, he wouldn't be in doubt in my mind, even then he's pretty safe IMO.
He have away 2 free kicks all day

BJ gave away 4 lets get rid of him :roll:

how could goose get in atm?

The maximum would be 3 changes. ...and that is a stretch...

therefore assuming gilbo & milne are right:
- Gardy
- Gilbo
- Milne

Out:
- King (if suspented) or McEvoy
- Raph
- ????

kaos theory wrote:how could goose get in atm?

- Gardy
- Gilbo
- Milne

Out:
- Raph
- ????
That is exactly what will happen if all are fit. Like you I find it hard to see who will be dropped for Milne. Whoever it is will be stiff. One I cant see it being is Baker as they no where near like for like. Baker has a huge role to play on a sides smallest forward and I see no logical replacement for him if he isnt in the side.

- Gardy
- Gilbo
- Milne

Out:
- Raph
- ????

That is exactly what will happen if all are fit. Like you I find it hard to see who will be dropped for Milne. Whoever it is will be stiff. One I cant see it being is Baker as they no where near like for like. Baker has a huge role to play on a sides smallest forward and I see no logical replacement for him if he isnt in the side.
I know it takes away from the midfield run but Farren Ray has both the pace to stay with the small forwards and he is extremely good overhead.
These are Baker's two weaknesses.
Weaknesses that make him vulnerable when isolated as a one on one defender.
Baker is a square peg being asked to fill a round hole because he is such a good square peg.

Baker is a superb tagger who will be desperately required in that role come the last Saturday in September but a half back flanker or back pocket he is not.

ace wrote:

- Gardy
- Gilbo
- Milne

Out:
- Raph
- ????

I know it takes away from the midfield run but Farren Ray has both the pace to stay with the small forwards and he is extremely good overhead.
These are Baker's two weaknesses.
Weaknesses that make him vulnerable when isolated as a one on one defender.
Baker is a square peg being asked to fill a round hole because he is such a good square peg.

Baker is a superb tagger who will be desperately required in that role come the last Saturday in September but a half back flanker or back pocket he is not.
How many goals did his opponent kick today?

Finna

Maguire needs to do a lot to step in to the best backline in the comp. To much of an unknown quantity and a risk for mine. I am not sure is up to it and could not possibly drop anyone for him.

in: Gardiner Out:King/McEvoy
In: Milne Out: Baker
in: Gilber Out: Raph

Saintersss

Yep, Bakes can't go out for Milne, we need someone on their small forwards.

I'm curious as to why some posters are so keen to get goose back into the team - particularly in place of Gwilt? Gwilt's no superstar, but he provides a bit more mobility than goose. I would love to see Gwilt kick the ball long to advantage b/c he's a beautiful kick, rather than chip it 15m sideways. He also gives some of his short passes too much air. With Kosi marking so well I would love to see Gwilt just turn on his left and kick it long to advantage and see if Kosi could clunk it.

With Blake, Max, Zac and then goose all in the backline, I'm not sure we'd have the most skilful running backline that's required in today's game. I actually reckon Blake is keeping Goose out at the moment. Goose probably provides a bit more attack - but Blake is doing his job fine save for a couple of silly errors yesterday.

baker has one real weakness and 'smart' (there aren't that many) opposition coaches put whoever baker is on, on the far wing or in the goal square to expose bakers height and lack of straight line leg speed.

its up to our coach (and lyon usually does) switch baker onto the player on the ball, not isolated in the goal square or on the far wing.

bakers positives far outweigh his negatives.

if you look at like this, baker is a knight in chess, he has awesome advantages, but limitations. he is sneaky, cunning, steps inside players to block their run to give our players a free reign, and sacrifices his game for the team.

he is performing the same roll as powell did for the saints in the early part of this decade.

you have your pieces, you have to use them effectively. baker is a highly skilled negator and opposition coaches know this. if he's on judd, then judd will get shifted to the goal square, so you switch baker onto scotland in traffic and put max on judd or something similar.

send out the runner

[quote="Brooksy_Babe_24"]I'll probably get yelled for this but I honestly believe that Milney is far better then Schneider and if anyone is to go for milney it should be him.
He has had some very ordinary games this year and today's game while he bobbed up to help out a few times and his tackling was good he is nowhere near as good as milney is in terms of being front and center under kosi and roos feet[/quote]

You have to be on it!! Snitzel is a lead up forward, getting a lot of the ball on half forward and wing areas. does a lot of hard work in working his opponent out of the hot spot areas as well as tackling preasure acros HF. If you watch the game , at stopages he is always setting up players with instructions( that would be knowing and seeing what may unfold).

You have a premiership player with great ability and experience. How in the hell is he to be on the wing as a link player, kick the ball into the 50, and be front and centre from his own kick.......pleeeeease!!!

Milney and the snitz in the same team are critical to our firepower success. When Milney has been out the two towers have extra opponents to contest with, as they sit off the Milney replacement that is not so zippy around the goals, hench our bad starts the last two weeks.

Milton66

Brooksy_Babe_24 wrote:I'll probably get yelled for this but I honestly believe that Milney is far better then Schneider and if anyone is to go for milney it should be him.
He has had some very ordinary games this year and today's game while he bobbed up to help out a few times and his tackling was good he is nowhere near as good as milney is in terms of being front and center under kosi and roos feet
No doubt about Milne, but sheesh, Schneider is a very good footballer. Lyon won't drop him.

I'll also add that Schneider will win you a flag. Reminds me of Guearra in his first year. Looks like doing nothing, then bobs up and snags a few.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?

King out for Gards if suspended, otherwise McEvoy will go.

Blake, Baker and Geary are the ones that have had a couple of below-par games and could be in trouble if Milney and Gilbert are fit.