We wil lose one of the North, Blues or Tigers games ....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

We wil lose one of the North, Blues or Tigers games ....

IMO we will lose one of the North, Blues or Tigers games but it wont be the end of the world. I dont think we like Geelong should expect to sustain such a long winning streak. In fact I think it is counter productive to our team winning a flag!

IMO the occasional loss lets you ebb out any complacency that might have crept in and really recharges your hunger for that ultimate sucess. It is a really tough gig mentally to win week in week out and I think Geelong suffered from exactly that in last years GF. They were flat and mentally exhausted by the time they made the GF.

I have no doubt Geelong have superior playing talent to the SAINTS but hopefully LYON prepares our group so they peak in September eg Hawks. As good as team as Geelong are I think they are heading to make the same mistakes that they made in 2008 come finals...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Mr X from the West
Club Player

Re: We wil lose one of the North, Blues or Tigers games ....

WinnersOnly wrote: As good as team as Geelong are I think they are heading to make the same mistakes that they made in 2008 come finals...
What is your basis for this comment?

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I think, if we loose a game it will be against carlton, although i believe we will win all those games.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:I think, if we loose a game, it will be against carlton, although i believe we will win all those games.
I think in one of last years games...the first I think, Carlton got mighty close (comparative to the previous 10 hitouts against them)...

That is a game I am not confident for.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Mr X from the West wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote: As good as team as Geelong are I think they are heading to make the same mistakes that they made in 2008 come finals...
What is your basis for this comment?
Form 52 wins from 55 games ... I dont think they can play much better than what they are now! There is no point being the first to pass the 25k line in a 26k race - timing your form is everything in winning GF's...

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

IMO we will win all 3 :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Richter
SS Life Member

WinnersOnly wrote:I have no doubt Geelong have superior playing talent to the SAINTS
The Saints have only just begun our run. Whilst looking back over the last 2 years you are correct..... looking forward into the next 2 years I believe that our players are reaching their prime and their (formerly doubted) potential will now shine forth.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Big picture people...

Would you rather win all three games or the GF?

Young Georgie
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
clarky449 wrote:I think, if we loose a game, it will be against carlton, although i believe we will win all those games.
I think in one of last years games...the first I think, Carlton got mighty close (comparative to the previous 10 hitouts against them)...

An absolute must win if only to shut em up and keep em in their place.

As we know too well the Saints are the Blues' bunnies having beaten us almost 77% of the time though we've smashed them in the past 11 encounters (32 points in the last game at the G) and they hate that more than anything.

The Saints have the upper hand and they desperately want it back. All year their fans have been saying how they need to beat the Saints to finally break the shackles and prove themselves as serious contenders though they'll always be known as serious cheats!

I'll maybe accept an honourable loss to the Roos or the Tigers but never the Blues.

Graceful, elusive, strong overhead and no Easybeat!
QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

I think if we perform to the level that we have produced the last 3 weeks then we will be in big danger of dropping one of those 3 games. We don't seem to have the sharpness that we had in the first 6/7 rounds. I think the midfielders will be benefit greatly from the mid-year break.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Young Georgie wrote:
Spinner wrote:

An absolute must win if only to shut em up and keep em in their place.

As we know too well the Saints are the Blues' bunnies having beaten us almost 77% of the time though we've smashed them in the past 11 encounters (32 points in the last game at the G) and they hate that more than anything.

The Saints have the upper hand and they desperately want it back. All year their fans have been saying how they need to beat the Saints to finally break the shackles and prove themselves as serious contenders though they'll always be known as serious cheats!

I'll maybe accept an honourable loss to the Roos or the Tigers but never the Blues.
Spot on....Not the most confident, but the one I definitely want to win.

Milton66
SS Life Member

If we lose any of those games, we don't deserve to win the GF

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
SaintDebi
Club Player

We should be able to beat all of these sides, but the worry with Carlton is that they might have some inside info with Harves on side that gives them a head start.
Richmond now becomes something of an unknown quality. We don't know who will be coaching when we meet, or how they will respond to their new regime.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

if we drop any of them. it'll be against North this week

Carlton rely to heavily on their stars and have a poor backline

Richmond don't have depth or enough talent atm

hAyES
Club Player

I've always been confident playing against Carlton because if you stop Fevola, you stop Carlton and we were always guaranteed to stop Fevola because we always had Max to put on him. Hopefully Max is back by then to make me even more confident.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Personally I think we'll win all 3 and the game against the scum is the one we'll have the greatest winning margin in.

Whilst with every win you're closest to your next loss, I do believe the longer we keep winning will mean the hunger from the playing group and coaching staff will be maintained and even increased.

The pressure will also increase and we all know diamonds are a result of pressure and I do believe we have a diamond in the making with this combination of Saints (players & coaches).

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:If we lose any of those games, we don't deserve to win the GF
GF?

We shouldn't even be thinking Grand Finals.

And even if we were, Carlton lost to both St Kilda and Sydney if I remember way back in 95. Enough said.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Whilst with every win you're closest to your next loss,
and also your next win!
Toss a coin 10 times - get ten heads - odds on the next toss remains the same as the first toss!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:
and also your next win!
Toss a coin 10 times - get ten heads - odds on the next toss remains the same as the first toss!
Thats true but I havent come across a coin with a brain or that can get injured or have form slumps.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:
and also your next win!
Very good desertsaint, explains why people who continue to double up after a loss, lose big. and why those who continue to 'let it ride' eventually lose it all. Our next loss may be next week or it may be next year.

Odds are our next loss will be somewhere in between.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Complacency is the biggest challenge facing us from now until the end of the season.

We're pretty much guaranteed a spot in the top 2 or, at the very least, top 4 and the biggest obstacle will be maintaining the focus and intensity for the remainder of the season when a lot of the games will be almost meaningless.

Same situation Hawthorn and the Bulldogs were in last year when they knew for 10 rounds they would be playing off in a qualifying final against each other. Hawthorn dropped off in a big way before finals.

North Melb this Saturday arvo could be one of those games which the players will find difficult to steel themselves for. Like Brisbane was the week before last and Melbourne on the Gold Coast last weekend.

However, Carlton is totally different.

Young, up-and-coming side boasting a midfield that will, apparently, take all before them in the years to come.

"They know we're coming."

Friday night. Big stage.

We'll be looking to put them in their place in front of a national audience, don't you worry about that.

If, as a playing group, they can't get up for that game then they have issues.

For me, it has the Collingwood on a Monday night feel about it.

PJ
SS Life Member

Is this like the "due for a loss" theory? Personally don't believe in the - you gotta have a loss to be better idea either. It's about focus. Form comes and goes, the more you can consistently apply yourself over extended periods the better you get at reducing inconsistencies.

I actually feel we've been off the boil for a while but are continuing to work hard that's why we keep winning and will continue for mine - next 3 win, win, win.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Milton66
SS Life Member

Spinner wrote:
Milton66 wrote:If we lose any of those games, we don't deserve to win the GF
GF?

We shouldn't even be thinking Grand Finals.

And even if we were, Carlton lost to both St Kilda and Sydney if I remember way back in 95. Enough said.
I'm not thinking GF mate, just thinking Nth.

Just replying to a post in the politest way possible.

Ask me about the scum next week etc.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

yeah probably will.

So what?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Milton66
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:yeah probably will.

So what?
It'll prove that we need to make 6 changes the following week and find some x factor before we lose the GF. :shock: