Not as excited as I would have been

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Not as excited as I would have been

Usually if we were 9 zip into the season, on top of the ladder and 4 games clear in a top 2 position, I would be so excited, I would be thinking premiership.
However, I am apprehensive, because of one thing, Geelong.
As good as we are, we have to beat them to win the premiership.
Now if they had won last year I would be more confident of our chances, but they let it slip and they would be so determined not to do it again.
Now there was a glimmer last Friday with the Bulldogs that maybe, they may burn out before September because how long can you be that good?
I don't wish no ill will to them, but I hope that everything goes right for us, and not so right for them.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Not as excited as I would have been

3rd generation saint wrote:Usually if we were 9 zip into the season, on top of the ladder and 4 games clear in a top 2 position, I would be so excited .....
And exactly how USUALLY has this been??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Cats are arrogant - and need to be taken down (again). Hawthorn will also be a risk. But whatever!
How better can we get?
Bring em on!

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

We have a better forward line, Our mids and defence are as good as theirs and our rucks are better.

Saints win!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
linz
Club Player

3rd generation saint wrote:Usually if we were 9 zip into the season, on top of the ladder and 4 games clear in a top 2 position, I would be so excited, I would be thinking premiership.
However, I am apprehensive, because of one thing, Geelong.
As good as we are, we have to beat them to win the premiership.
Now if they had won last year I would be more confident of our chances, but they let it slip and they would be so determined not to do it again.
Now there was a glimmer last Friday with the Bulldogs that maybe, they may burn out before September because how long can you be that good?
I don't wish no ill will to them, but I hope that everything goes right for us, and not so right for them.
Good post. I'm worried too. Maybe the "LUCKY" God will be looking over us this year ' cause it will come down to luck with injuries in September. Most if not all teams who win the flag seem to have luck with injuries over the year

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
happy feet
Club Player

Cats are vulnerable

The Cats can be beaten. The Doggies proved that last week. Can someone answer me a question from that game?

Right at the end of the game, Brad Johnson went to run around and the umpire brought him back - why did the umpire do that - I dod not think the siren had gone at that stage.

bob__71
Club Player

more to the point when he had the actual shot why didnt he run straight at goal. he is skilled enough and there was plenty of space for him to slot a regulation drop punt. but he tried to open the angle. I was surprised the ump didnt just call play on as he went so far off line.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

very happy geelong is there so that we don't even think about getting ahead of ourselves

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Re: Cats are vulnerable

happy feet wrote:The Cats can be beaten. The Doggies proved that last week. Can someone answer me a question from that game?

Right at the end of the game, Brad Johnson went to run around and the umpire brought him back - why did the umpire do that - I dod not think the siren had gone at that stage.
The umpire had blown time on and was setting the mark, you can't play on until the umpire signals time off.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Davo027
Club Player

happy feet wrote
The umpire bought him back from playing on as the umpire had not blown time off. I beleive there was only one second left on the time clock. With the crowd roar is was difficult for anyone to hear the siren.

For more info www.saints.com.au

The above views are those of the author and not necessarily those of the clubs or the AFL.
happy feet
Club Player

The answers

Thanks folks for the answers - cleared that up for me.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

mbogo wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:Usually if we were 9 zip into the season, on top of the ladder and 4 games clear in a top 2 position, I would be so excited .....
And exactly how USUALLY has this been??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Cats are arrogant - and need to be taken down (again). Hawthorn will also be a risk. But whatever!
How better can we get?
Bring em on!
I think this is the second time in five years isnt it?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....