Players of the futre and possible back ups for this year

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

villasaint
Club Player

Players of the futre and possible back ups for this year

Having watched the Sandy game i concluded:

J Steven- hard at it, spirited, skilled, short ? as to how he would go at AFL leverl

Begley - attacked the ball, runs hard, disposal by foot poor/average. We would have to be desperate to give him a game.

Armitage - hard at it again, nice kick for goal (should have kicked the one to put them two points behind though) Ideal replacement for Ball and Hayes if required. In and under. Has a crack but still just a shade off AFL level at this stage.

Miles - very impressed. Good overhead. Good with the ball, Smart. May be undersized to key position though. Very cool head, repelled several Bullant attacks with smart marks and good positioning

Goose- very very impressed. Marked strongly, kicked straight. Picked the ball up well off his toes on several occasions. He is close real close, If the form of Blake, Dawson drops off he is in. If Kozi or Roo get injured he will go forward, So happy with goose.. He disposal was good too.

Heyne. Smart player. Used the ball well and was in and at it. With some good development he is a player of the future.

Simpkin - would have to probabl;y watch the tape again to give a comment. Looks sturdy not sure if up to AFL standard.

Stanley - first time i have seen this kid and to be honest he was the most impressive. To be rucking and doing well at 18 was sensational. Tapped the ball well at Centre bounces. Put some muscle on and this kid could be fantastic. Marked a couple of times on the lead with strong hands. When he was under pressure with the ball he didnt cough it over. Nice handballs and decent kicking skills. Will say it again very very impressed.

Connor - only game i have ever seen him play. Great skills but but but I think it obvious he is not up to VFL let alone AFL lever. Hope he proves me wrong. Still so young too early to judge.

Lynch - still needs lots of development. Kicked a nice goal to get them back in the game in the fourth q. Comfortable with the ball under pressure. Ok overhead and when the ball was in dispute. Bit more muscle and miles in his legs and he will be a player of the future.

L Fisher - Got hit bad but failry and he would have been the difference in my opinion. Was looking forward to watching him play but got hurt right at the start.

That young Tasmanina guy Robinson for the Bullants/Blues was impressive.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

great report mate

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.