Sandy Alignment...Mixed Feelings (Nick Sautner)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Sandy Alignment...Mixed Feelings (Nick Sautner)

I just had a horrible thought about our alignment with Sandringham

If we venture down to have a look at our developing players running around with Sandy we might even have to cheer for Nick Sautner

For those who don't know, during the week Sautner is Collo's right hand man at Osama stadium !!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Couldn't care less about non Saints players.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
adobe
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Couldn't care less about non Saints players.
With that attitude thats why we at Casey Scorpions are so happy that the alignment with St. Kilda has ended.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

adobe wrote:
With that attitude thats why we at Casey Scorpions are so happy that the alignment with St. Kilda has ended.
At least with us, you got to play finals. :wink: :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
casey scorp
Club Player

adobe wrote:
And unfortunately for them, the Saints players not in the senior team will be running around at Trevor Barker Paddock every 2nd week.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

adobe wrote:
Why should anyone support Sandy because Saints players are there. I happen to follow Sandy but when I watched scorps I couldnt have gave a stuff if they won or lost as I followed Sandy and the saints players not Scorps.

zebraman
Club Player

casey scorp wrote:
adobe wrote:
And unfortunately for them, the Saints players not in the senior team will be running around at Trevor Barker Paddock every 2nd week.
Rather be running around TBO than out in the wilderness at Casey fields...might explain why a few Melbourne players chose to go to TBO yesterday than go and watch the Scorpions at Cranbourne...brought a wry smile to my face!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

always been a port fan....well...from when they played finals at the junction oval.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I was a Prahran supporter but they are long gone so now i follow whoever the Saints are aligned with..

I much prefer Casey but Sandy it is,for a little while anyway..

maybe they will find reason to change........again

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
PJ
SS Life Member

Love the zebs, couldn't have worked out better.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
zebraman
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:I was a Prahran supporter but they are long gone so now i follow whoever the Saints are aligned with..

Thought with you nick Bob that you might follow the Zebs...after all Bob Murray came to St Kilda from Sandy and went back there after he finished at St Kilda

manoffewwords
Club Player

Go Zebs!!

Say something once why say it again?
casey scorp
Club Player

zebraman wrote:Rather be running around TBO than out in the wilderness at Casey fields...might explain why a few Melbourne players chose to go to TBO yesterday than go and watch the Scorpions at Cranbourne...brought a wry smile to my face!
And that illustrates the strength of the former alignments (or lack of). The Melb/Sandy alignment meant something to MFC, MFC was committed to it, the players formed bonds because of it and a legacy remains because of it (for the timebeing at least).

There was no such commitment by the Saints to the Scorps, the alignment never flourished and it therefore leaves no legacy whatsoever.

The Zebs will need St KFC to make a real corporate commitment to them and desire for a genuine alignment, or face losing St KFC to Frankston in 5 years time (and that would be karma!).

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
zebraman wrote:Rather be running around TBO than out in the wilderness at Casey fields...might explain why a few Melbourne players chose to go to TBO yesterday than go and watch the Scorpions at Cranbourne...brought a wry smile to my face!
And that illustrates the strength of the former alignments (or lack of). The Melb/Sandy alignment meant something to MFC, MFC was committed to it, the players formed bonds because of it and a legacy remains because of it (for the timebeing at least).

There was no such commitment by the Saints to the Scorps, the alignment never flourished and it therefore leaves no legacy whatsoever.

The Zebs will need St KFC to make a real corporate commitment to them and desire for a genuine alignment, or face losing St KFC to Frankston in 5 years time (and that would be karma!).
The reason for this and it will happen with Melbourne and the Scorps as well is that no players lived out that way so they didnt go to games unless they had to. Most Melbourne and Saints players live near Sandy so they did/will find it easier to get to games so there will be a bond even if small.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

I'm a Sandy man, couldn't be happier. Geez I just realised I haven't posted for a while, two posts in the last five months must be a record for me :lol:

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
Shaggy
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:I was a Prahran supporter but they are long gone so now i follow whoever the Saints are aligned with..

My last game was for the two blues against the zebras :D .

Shows our respective ages :?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

This is the real alignment for St Kilda.....I bet plenty of traditional Saints fans (ie. from the Moorabbin days) were also Sandy supporters.

It really comes down to where you live in relation to Trevor Barker Oval IMO, and being 10 to 15 minutes drive away, I couldn't be happier about the new alignment :)

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

hawks!!! :D

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
casey scorp wrote:

The reason for this and it will happen with Melbourne and the Scorps as well is that no players lived out that way so they didnt go to games unless they had to. Most Melbourne and Saints players live near Sandy so they did/will find it easier to get to games so there will be a bond even if small.
but remember CaseyScorp is just ever so slightly agenda-riddled with his arguments on this one plugger!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Geezus; How this thread got hijacked

The OP was about an apprentice crook who plays for our aligned club, and look what has hapened to it !!

sainter35
Club Player

Eastern wrote:Geezus; How this thread got hijacked

The OP was about an apprentice crook who plays for our aligned club, and look what has hapened to it !!
I just think it's great that most people are positive about the new alignment.

Finally a decision that actually makes sense.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:hawks!!! :D
Do you mean the Mustangs?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

sainter35 wrote:
Eastern wrote:Geezus; How this thread got hijacked

I just think it's great that most people are positive about the new alignment.

Finally a decision that actually makes sense.
Sandringham may well have denied Williamstown the 1994 VFA Premiership, and it grated at the time, but I'm better about it now...

It's a decision that makes sense, especially with the board's obsession with making us the Bayside club.

It'll be a very long association methinks.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

sainter35
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:
Sandringham may well have denied Williamstown the 1994 VFA Premiership, and it grated at the time, but I'm better about it now...

It's a decision that makes sense, especially with the board's obsession with making us the Bayside club.

It'll be a very long association methinks.
You should be. Zebras were premiers and Seagulls were 8th that year. ;)

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Why should I give two figs about second rate players from a VFL team I never supported? Either CS or Sandy?

I have ALWAYS been a Williamstown supporter and even when they were witht he filth, althought I wouldn't go to watch them, I sort of supported them, now they are free of the filth I will support them more.

Why would i care about Casey Scorpian or Zebra players if they dont play for the Saints?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)