Special assistance

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spidoir
Club Player

Special assistance

over the past few weeks it seems too many clubs have inquired about special assisstance.

i know that we have had our fair share of profits and losses, but how much special assistance have we received over the years? it seems to me that other clubs seem to be quick to ask for $$$ when they make a loss i.e. Port and Sydney are now talking about it, whereas we seems to tighten the belt and make plans for the future.

Melbourne, North and the Doggies have had assistance for quite a few years - what are their expenditures like compared to ours? because i wouldn't be too happy if their football expenditure (for example) was in the top 8 of the league while we have to make do on our own.

i know this is all very capitalist minded, but what have we got?

"The line 'I'm a mad St Kilda supporter' is one of life's great tautologies, because sanity has never been a requisite to follow the fortunes of the red, white and black"
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Pretty sure that North, Dogs & the Dees would all be bottom 8 for expenditure.

Hawthorn, Geelong, Collingwood, Adelaide, West Coast, Carlton & Essendon would all be ahead 100%

The Saints are coming!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Special assistance

spidoir wrote:over the past few weeks it seems too many clubs have inquired about special assisstance.

i know that we have had our fair share of profits and losses, but how much special assistance have we received over the years? it seems to me that other clubs seem to be quick to ask for $$$ when they make a loss i.e. Port and Sydney are now talking about it, whereas we seems to tighten the belt and make plans for the future.

Melbourne, North and the Doggies have had assistance for quite a few years - what are their expenditures like compared to ours? because i wouldn't be too happy if their football expenditure (for example) was in the top 8 of the league while we have to make do on our own.

i know this is all very capitalist minded, but what have we got?

in a nutshell?????...SFA :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
spidoir
Club Player

stinger wrote:in a nutshell?????...SFA :evil:
without contexual background the meaning is lost.

don't try and tell me this is the first you've seen like this.

"The line 'I'm a mad St Kilda supporter' is one of life's great tautologies, because sanity has never been a requisite to follow the fortunes of the red, white and black"
Saints7
Club Player

special assistance indicates the club is unable to make ends meet in a normal operational environment, running at a big loss every year regardless of onfield results.

be thankful we dont need to ask for special assistance

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Don't quote me on this....

There are two different types of "welfare benefits" in the AFL I forget there actual names but they are the speacial assitance (not it's name but similar) which I think North Bullies and Melb get/got this was generally a fairly large sum and came with conditions that the football dept's, recruiting ect had to be in the bottom eschalon of expenditure compared to other clubs.

The second was a equalisation fund whcih I think about 10 clubs including the saints were benefactors of, I believe this came with no conditions attached and was generally a smaller amount.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:Don't quote me on this....

There are two different types of "welfare benefits" in the AFL I forget there actual names but they are the speacial assitance (not it's name but similar) which I think North Bullies and Melb get/got this was generally a fairly large sum and came with conditions that the football dept's, recruiting ect had to be in the bottom eschalon of expenditure compared to other clubs.

The second was a equalisation fund whcih I think about 10 clubs including the saints were benefactors of, I believe this came with no conditions attached and was generally a smaller amount.
I think 8 clubs get assistance for poor stadium deals and we are definatly one of them.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

[quote="plugger66]I think 8 clubs get assistance for poor stadium deals and we are definatly one of them.[/quote]

Sounds right

Ice Wolf
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I think 8 clubs get assistance for poor stadium deals and we are definatly one of them.

Sounds right
Yeah we get 600,000 like every other Telstra Dome Tenant, including Essendon

stinger
Saintsational Legend

spidoir wrote:
stinger wrote:in a nutshell?????...SFA :evil:
without contexual background the meaning is lost.

don't try and tell me this is the first you've seen like this.

your post doesn't make sense ffs..anyway.....we have had no special financial assistance......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.