Reserved seat vacancies on Level 2?????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Reserved seat vacancies on Level 2?????

This is in the Membership sticky but thought it worthy of its own thread..

Apparently theres a letter circulating to some members advising that there are reserved seats for the 09 season available on ALL Levels??

What happened to the 500-seat waiting list for Level 2 then?

One can only assume that at least 500 people have either not renewed their L2 seats or dropped off the waiting list....not good..but perhaps not surprising. The Club have vastly over-estimated our own popularity Im thinking

Can anyone shed any more light on this?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Was there ever a 500 waiting list?

or just a statement made in attempt to justify the increase?

if so............

no doubt many will be .......off

shame on club if so

virtually deception

saint4life
gindy
Club Player

L2 reserved seats (which are not cheap) this year also requires holders to purchase social club membership.

Saints 11 game membership = $170
L2 reserved seat = $288 + Social club = $125
Total = $583

Some thought it tooooo expensive and dropped out or purchased L1 seats @ $188 + $170

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Considering I posted on the sticky - I'll reprint the infor I erecieved from the Club.

It is a glossy brochure and I'll Reprint in total.

The irony is delicious considering the cash grab at the expense of paid up and long time members.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Heres the thing about loyalty. It runs both ways

Youve been a loyal member of the club so we want to repay the favour.

We know you have forgotten to renew your reserved seat the new season can roll around sooner than you think and getting it sorted at the last minute can be a hassle.

There are still plenty of seats available on all levels of seating.
To save yourself the hassle of trying to find a good seat at the game you can secure your seat right now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goes on with the spiel.

I love the loyalty goes both ways at the beginning. Sure does. Funnily I only see the loyalty being expected from the supporter.

I received a long email of explanation from Archie (sent to me at about 11 pm at night by him) after I sent an email outlining my concerns.

One of the issues raised was that the club had a waiting list of over 500 for L2 seats and basically pay up the extra $125 for one less reserved game ( you get a reserved seat somewhere else in compensation fpr the GC home game) or piss off (Archie didn't not say piss off - his email was polite and outlined their reasons - but that was the inference) - we have the waiting list who will pay it.

Well suffice to say I was very interested when I got this from the club.

It states ALL LEVELS of reserved seats are available.

Is this true? Were we lied to? Has the waiting list evaporated when the punters have figured $600 for ten games watching ring a ring a rosey keepings off is mabye not the best investment during The Great Recession? Is the propoganda material sent to me false?

Who knows? Who cares? I am not going to fork out my money to a mob that infers I am disloyal while at the same time giving false information in one way or another.

The club have been heavy handed with their unseemly cash grab at the expense of loyal paid up reserved seat members.

You reap what you sow. This admin seems to deal in falsehoods and deception.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Archie Fraser was pulling the strings in all this!

More spin!

They rely on members not actually questioning the shyte they are fed and unfortunately there is good reason, because most, nearly all don't!

In FACT of all of the 30,000 St Kilda Football Club members only one had the supposed temerity to ask Archie at the AGM whether he had documentary evidence to back up his claims about his serious attempts to locate a suitable location in the St Kilda area and even got howled down by a flock for doing so!
Archie promised to show me these documents he claims exist, but as yet he has not responded to my polite email as to when would be a convenient time to take him up on his promise, surprisingly or not!

Fact is IMHO, he is just lying, full of more spin and these documents don't actually exist!

Just more fodder for the lemmings and sheep, who blindly follow and even deride a member who requests evidence!

500 seats on a waiting list, did anyone ever seriously believe this?

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

I agree that this Level 2 issue has been poorly handled, however I dont see what the fuss is about having to buy a Social Club Membership?

From memory Social Club Memebership which is $125 represents a tad over $10 a game gains you entry to some fine facilities at the Dome and free entry to the Victory Room for after games including interviews with the players and coachings staff which have found very very interesting.

Now with my young son i hardly use those facilities anymore, however what I value is that it gives my priority for finals and Grand Final ticket purchases. In 1997 that saved me big time. Grand Final tickets were going for $1500+ ... and that buys a lot of Social Club Memberships.

Finally all of the $125 for Social Club Membership goes to the club. The club I want to see alive and prospering financially so they can spend money on my favourite team and they then have a great chance of winning a flag ... which is what I want. This is in complete contrast to the money for a seat which is split between the stadium and the club.

If I was the club I would rather you bought:

a) footy club membership (for discounted ground entry)
b) social club membership (for pre and post game access and finals priority)
c) a seat at the Dome

If financially hard times hit me, I would be giving up my seat before my social club membership. My social club membership gives me access to a Grand Final ticket and as everyone here knows it is all about Grand Finals and I want to be there on the day we win the next flag and the one after that too.

I have been a proud member since 1972 when my father paid for my first membership at just 6 years of age along with seats in the stand at Moorabbin. I have been a social club member since the early 1990s - my wife joined me in my footy passion when we first started getting super serious and (before marriage) became a member / social club member with me and then my son who is just 4 but has been a member and social club member since he was born. I have been a multiple level 1 seat holder (aisle 37) since year 1 at the Dome and even expanded from 2 to 3 seats after my son was born.

It is not about the money. It is about tradition, love AND passion for the Saints. It is about family and friends (we sit in a group of 10 others who have been going to the footy together since the start of the Waverly days) and it is about pride ... knowing that my membership and social club membership money goes directly 100% into the club I love so much.

Become a social club member ... the pay off will be that Premiership!

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I was a L2 member SC member with a reserved seat.

it wasn't goin gto cost me a cent more. However the people I sit with was going to cost them $250 more a year to sit in their seat for one game less.

There is a family of four in front of us. $600 more for only ten games.

It is the principle of the thing. No warning - no exceptions. Pay up or piss off.

the inference was that if you dont want the seat - piss off we have 500 on a waiting list for your seat.

I dont like being bullied.

No we get this bulls.hit propoganda for trhis s.hit administration virtually accusing me of not being loyal because I wont be a victim of their extortion.

Well their propoganda states they have reserved seats on ALL levels.

So where is the 500 waiting list?

Pure farking lying and extortion by this incompetent administration treating loyal fans as garbage and absolute s.hite.

There is another thread asking why our membership is down.

Well here is a prime example.

You reap what you sow. You treat loyal members like s.hite and this is the response you should expect.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Definately requires explanation from the club !!

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy - i understand the frustration of people being split up (it happened to us with the move from Morrabbin to Waverly) and your frustration at being forced into a situation you are not happy with. This has been very poorly handled and marketed by the club. It could have been done with much more attention to the individual needs and wants of various people on L2 ... it needed much better planning and execution.

BUT can I please point out that any person who has been so called bullied into an extra $125 will receive some powerful extra benefits for that $125. Social club membeship, entry into the Victory room, priority ticket at finals involving St.Kilda AND a guaranteed seat at a Grand Final involving St.Kilda as long as they buy at the approriate time on Grand Final week. I find extreme value in Social Club membership.

Level 2 is prime viewing height. It should be sold at a premium to Level 1 in my opinion but just like the premium viewing wing area on Level 1, I think L2 wing areas should be available ONLY to Social Club members.

Are these L2 seats in dispute on the wing or more towards the pockets?

I actually think it is unfair if for the years gone by, these people have access to prime wing to flank viewing seats on the prime viewing level (level 2) WITHOUT having to be Social Club members! They have been getting a bargain and at the expense of the club and those of us who had to buy Social Club memberships to get level 1 wing seats. They could have been spending about the same money and received a membership, social club membership AND a level 1 seat on a wing like me ... but instead they have NOT been paying social club membership (with ALL the money going to the Saints) and instead paid $100 extra for a prime Level 2 seat (with that money being split between Collo Dome and the Saints) which means they have made the club financially WORSE off and improved their own personal viewing position for the home games at Collo Dome.

They should be grateful for the bargain they have received all these years and suck it up and become Social Club members and gain the benefits I have outlined. If they cannot afford the extra $125 each then we would welcome them and even you on level 1 on the wing - the view is quite good too and it will cost them about the same as last year and you will save $100 (the difference between level 2 and level 1 seats) and if you get in quick you may even be able to still buy a block of decent seats on level 1 where you can all sit together. The 13 of us have had the same level 1 seats since day 1 at Collo Dome for the same $s they were paying up on level 2, but the difference is more of our $s went to the club because we bought Social Club memberships rather than better more expensive seats with superior views of the ground and the action.

I bet these are the same people who would complain loudest when it comes to Grand Final week and the Saints ahve made it and they discover they cannot get a Grand Final seat. If only they have been Social Club members!

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
matrix
Saintsational Legend

im with joffa
its bloody rude and not treating loyal members who fork out a lot of money is plain inconsiderate.

considering i pay $105 for an interstate membership and i get one free game here in SA and entry into 5 games at the dome.
thats 6 games for $105.
plus i can get into the victory room for one of them at the dome and in SA
ok granted it costs airfare (but thats cheap as now days)

having to pay a few hundred more bucks to sit in the same seat u have sat in for many a year is rude.....the club should be offering incentives to stay in ya seat....
making ya pay more for the same seat with f*** all bonuses is wrong.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA, I see your point about L2 being premium seats.

But I really don't understand you referring to Joffa's, The Fireman, AOK and many others in this situation as being the same from moving from Moorabbin to Waverley.

These supporters were not informed of the Clubs decision last season and some have no means of contacting the people they have enjoyed the company of for many seasons.

They don't really know their personal details.

Now the Club did say that for those supporters effected they can contact the Club and mention last years seat number and they will provide the supporter the details of members that they were seated next to.

This IMO, raises some privacy issues, and it's a clear example of just what little notice the supporters that have been affected had.

They had little notice at all, and that to me is an issue

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

didnt they say that they have just docked it per week from their accounts (for those that pay weekly/monthly, whatever it is)....without asking??

thought i read that here when all this first started

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Good arguments on both sides here...but the one common thread is that the whole scnenario was handled/marketed poorly by the Club

Two seasons ago the front rows of the Moorabbin Wing and surrounding bays was set aside by the Club as yearly seating. The price was set as the same price as a reserved seat on Level 1! When I sounded out the MW regulars about buying a seat, the overwhelming response was it that it was far too expensive for the postion, and was actually nearly twice as much as Essendon were charging for the same seat. When I relayed this info the Club, I was told that "we are popular so we have to charge top price while we still can". It all backfired cos very few people bought seats, and the remainder were sold to fans on match day..often oppo fas, which caused problems on a number of occasions.

Come 2008 and the seat prices were reduced by $60, and lo and behold, 45 MW-ers bought seats, the Club made a nice earner..and the retention rate for 2009 AFAIK is over 100% (we have 5-6 newbies and only one person not renewing) The CLub recognised they got it wrong, fixed it the right way, and made money as a result.

WIll be intersting to see how this whole L2 schemozzle pans out if indeed they have a mass defection of reserved seats.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Good for you AwayintheUSA we got a bargain did we???

if the seats are so premium why are there still seats available after being told we had a 500+ waiting list.

It was not costing me a cent more. I already had a SC membership.

All it was doing was extorting money out of loyal members for supposed "benefits" of overpriced food and drinks in a level 2 Social Club.

Obviously you dont think loyalty counts for anything and all we are are untis of finance for the club.

Seems as though others agree with me though doesn't it.

Lance or James??

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

This was Archie Fraser's doing with the consent of the board!

We are being lied to, they just don't expect peopel to ask questions!

Archie Fraser is also responsible for the Seaford relocation, which was approved by the current board and we the members do not get told the real facts of the matter.

What chance do you reckon that Archie Fraser will keep his promise and let me go to his office and see these so called "confidential documents' if in fact they even exist to begin with?

I'm betting they do NOT exist and it was more spin and just how convenient is it that he is leaving and leaving the whole mess behind him!

The two issues are related, because Archie Fraser organized both and IMHO has lied to the members on both occasions.

We are not being told the truth, they Archie Fraser and the current board just hope nobody will dig deeper and attempt to find out the facts!

The 500 waiting list was all bullshyte to begin with!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

B4E

Your "anti-Seaford" agenda. no matter how honourable, does not belong in here, no matter how much you think the two topics are related.

Youve posted twice in reserved seat threads and the topic of your post has been 99% Seaford, 1% reserved seats.

You are the first to complain when your threads are hijacked..so please dont do it yourself :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:B4E

Your "anti-Seaford" agenda. no matter how honourable, does not belong in here, no matter how much you think the two topics are related.

Youve posted twice in reserved seat threads and the topic of your post has been 99% Seaford, 1% reserved seats.

You are the first to complain when your threads are hijacked..so please dont do it yourself :-)
Well said.

Although I genuinely wish b4e well, I just hate his agenda pushing.

Please stop :idea:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:B4E

Excuse me, but this shows that the person responsible for the Seaford relocation, the very same person that is responsible for the L2 seating has lied to the members!

So why should anything that Archie Fraser or the current board be believed about any issue whether it be L2 seats, Seaford relocation or anything else for that matter!

Their credibility is shot and now the person responsible is leaving the club!

Many prefer to attack me, when all I want to see is evidence, which hasn't been produced as yet and I'm betting never will be, because IMHO, it doesn't exist!

It's all lies and spin and this view is further vindicated when it's there for all to see when AF lies about 500 waiting lists for reserved seats, which is all bullshyte!

He and the current board lied about this, so where does it stop!

My view is we were lied to on the other issue regarding the relocation also and until AF can keep his promise and produce evidence, which I'm quite sure he cannot, it seems that we the members have been treated with total contempt, not just with L2 seats but the whole relocation fiasco also!

In my view it is related because it all emanates from the one person who conveniently is now leaving the mess behind him, with the support of the current board and all issues should be treated with equal suspicion because quite frankly we have been fed a pack of lies and not just about L2 seats!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Thats better, 50/50 now 8-)

Just for the record Barks, I agree with you pretty much as far as the seating goes.

One of 3 scenarios must be right..

1. That more than 500 members have abandoned their L2 seats.

2. The 500-strong waiting list was gilding the lily a bit

3. That the brochure sent out was poorly worded and there arent actually any L2 vacancies.

Looking forward to finding out which of the above is true

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Thats better, 50/50 now 8-)

Just for the record Barks, I agree with you pretty much as far as the seating goes.

One of 3 scenarios must be right..

1. That more than 500 members have abandoned their L2 seats.

2. The 500-strong waiting list was gilding the lily a bit

3. That the brochure sent out was poorly worded and there arent actually any L2 vacancies.

Looking forward to finding out which of the above is true
Yeah try and ask a question about it at the next AGM and expect a flock of sheep to try and howl you down!

:roll:

It will be interesting to see if Archie keeps his promise regarding the other issue and he in fact can produce evidence to back up his claims, but don't hold your breath waiting for it to happen!

saint08
Club Player

I believe there were probably 500 or so people wanting level 2 seats last year , but probably through a combination of

-the economic conditions, and
-the requirement in 09 to also have a SC mship,

some upgraded and others stayed where they are.

I spoke to the club and there are some level 2 seats in the prime area on the wing for purchase , (approx $520 I think , )for the year with SC and FC mships.

The main two benefits to me of those the guy mentioned, are
-best viewing spot ;and
-the dining option in the room behind the seats ( where the presidents function was held last season) , at very low prices. He said they were waiting for TD to come back with final prices , but prob $30 a head per dining seat.That is cheaper than a corporate seat and than medallion room.

A guaranteed seat at the GF is nice to know, but if we got to a GF, I'd sell my granny to buy a ticket, so I'd be there no matter what.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint08 wrote:I believe there were probably 500 or so people wanting level 2 seats last year , but probably through a combination of

-the economic conditions, and
-the requirement in 09 to also have a SC mship,
Wrong on the second point.

It was that there was 500 SC members wanting L2 seats, and thus that point is mute.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

But apparently loyalty goes both ways - according the propoganda sheet I got from the club :roll:

This has s.hitted me more than anything ever at this football club.

I have been a member since 1990. I put my hand in my pocket for the Saints for nearly twenty years - I put in money I could not afford during SoS - I have also sponsored players.

Now dont get me wrong - I was HAPPY to do that and dont want any kudo's - many people put in much more money and time for the club.

However to be bullied into paying $125 more for one game less is nothing more than extortion - especially when there was an inference that pay up or piss off - you are worthless as we have plenty to take your place and your seat.

Well apparently I have been lied to by Archie Fraser and the club and it was a rouse and a fraud.

You reap what you sow. Our membership is going South at a rate of knots because of this shoddy ham fisted spit in the face of supporters.

We aren't farking units of financial measure. The thing that make our game tick is the absolute passion of the Melbourne based fan. Once you start taking that for granted you begin to tear the fabric and the soul out of the game.

I have been losing interest in AFL for a couple of years - this latest kick in the teeth combined with the myriad other compromises and knee jerk rule changes and piss weak responses by our club to the WWE oops I mean the AFL has severely dented my enthusiasm for supporting the Saints.

I know I will get some sheeplike droning automatron coming on here telling me to piss off because I am telling some harsh truths.

The STKFC has been wrecked by this current admin and its outgoing CEO. They have presided over multiple losses by the club - a drop in membership - and now lying to longtime loyal and paid up members.

Fraser doesn't have to see the consequences of the damage he has caused with his lying and destruction of the passion of long time supporters - however the club does.

How will they ever get me to invest over $600 a year in this rabble? And apparently I am not the only one.

Where are all those 500+ on the waiting list?

Come on you bunch of flagrant liars??????

Really makes me sick that this mob was so hastily embraced by the drones and sheep of the STKFC once more looking for the White Knight.

The place is in real trouble with this mob in power.

Lance or James??

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Just unbelievable.

IMO, we are sowing the seeds to take this club to the bracket of clubs that will be in very real fear for their lives in the short term future.

Jesus bloody christ, how could Hawthorn ever get so far ahead of us?

Look at their faclities, look at their membership numbers, over 40K already !!

Im with JB on the points he makes about why he is losing interest in the club and the game.

I seriously shudder to think what our crowds will be like this year given all this crap, along with the shouse draw we have.

Throw in some more inane ring ring a rossie "football" and you will be able to fire a 21 gun salute at saints games.

Oh, and giving RL a one year extension for absolutely no good reason whatsoever, means if we get more of the same this year, he gets a extra year to drive the club completely into the ground. But I digress a little.

hmm.

Anyone see the membership figures in the sun the other day? I was filthy, its just embarassing.

linz
Club Player

BackFromUSA wrote:joffaboy - i understand the frustration of people being split up (it happened to us with the move from Morrabbin to Waverly) and your frustration at being forced into a situation you are not happy with. This has been very poorly handled and marketed by the club. It could have been done with much more attention to the individual needs and wants of various people on L2 ... it needed much better planning and execution.

BUT can I please point out that any person who has been so called bullied into an extra $125 will receive some powerful extra benefits for that $125. Social club membeship, entry into the Victory room, priority ticket at finals involving St.Kilda AND a guaranteed seat at a Grand Final involving St.Kilda as long as they buy at the approriate time on Grand Final week. I find extreme value in Social Club membership.

Level 2 is prime viewing height. It should be sold at a premium to Level 1 in my opinion but just like the premium viewing wing area on Level 1, I think L2 wing areas should be available ONLY to Social Club members.

Are these L2 seats in dispute on the wing or more towards the pockets?

I actually think it is unfair if for the years gone by, these people have access to prime wing to flank viewing seats on the prime viewing level (level 2) WITHOUT having to be Social Club members! They have been getting a bargain and at the expense of the club and those of us who had to buy Social Club memberships to get level 1 wing seats. They could have been spending about the same money and received a membership, social club membership AND a level 1 seat on a wing like me ... but instead they have NOT been paying social club membership (with ALL the money going to the Saints) and instead paid $100 extra for a prime Level 2 seat (with that money being split between Collo Dome and the Saints) which means they have made the club financially WORSE off and improved their own personal viewing position for the home games at Collo Dome.

They should be grateful for the bargain they have received all these years and suck it up and become Social Club members and gain the benefits I have outlined. If they cannot afford the extra $125 each then we would welcome them and even you on level 1 on the wing - the view is quite good too and it will cost them about the same as last year and you will save $100 (the difference between level 2 and level 1 seats) and if you get in quick you may even be able to still buy a block of decent seats on level 1 where you can all sit together. The 13 of us have had the same level 1 seats since day 1 at Collo Dome for the same $s they were paying up on level 2, but the difference is more of our $s went to the club because we bought Social Club memberships rather than better more expensive seats with superior views of the ground and the action.

I bet these are the same people who would complain loudest when it comes to Grand Final week and the Saints ahve made it and they discover they cannot get a Grand Final seat. If only they have been Social Club members!
I'm with Back from USA on this one. I've been a long time member too (since '71 I think). The administrations over our turbulent history have been blamed for all our woes and it seems nothing has changed.

If Archie was to blame for misinformation; get over it as he won't be there anymore very soon.

If we get rid of the current Administration who would you like to replace it with? And who would want to take it on with the current torrent of negativity?

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.