Nick Heyne

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

villasaint
Club Player

Nick Heyne

Apparently he was impressive against the Dogs on Friday night it seems he may be pushing for selectino come round one. My limited knowledge of his game is that he is good overhead , hard at the ball and can find it as well. Any further opinions.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Kicks around the corner too much and disposal needs cleaning up (may come with decision making improvement).
A bit like Alan Murray in the sense that his highlights are good, but the basics can go missing and he relies on his marking as the key to his game, it should be a bonus that he is good overhead.

He has a chance to become a player.....

villasaint
Club Player

thanks for that from what i have seen he does turn it over but that can be improved to a certain extent. It would be great to have someone who can mark the ball abnormally well overhead for a guy his size. Might catch the opposition out early on.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Like BigMart says; he needs to "straighten up". That will come, but like all 18year olds, he needs time to develop. We need to be patient !!

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

From what I was told about him post draft, his foot and hand skills are actually pretty good, but he's got a tendency to rush and get fancy... extrapolate to AFL level where the speed of the game is ramped way up, and expect his general play to look ordinary and his impression to rest around his highlights.

It will probably take some time to adjust to the speed of the game, and effort to really make sure of his fundamentals as BigMart says, but you'd think he'll get his chances in '09.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Re: Nick Heyne

villasaint wrote:Apparently he was impressive against the Dogs on Friday night it seems he may be pushing for selectino come round one. My limited knowledge of his game is that he is good overhead , hard at the ball and can find it as well. Any further opinions.
Don't count on it - apparently AFL footy is a 4 year apprenticeship.

So I guess he'll be in the 2's for another 3-4 years.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:From what I was told about him post draft, his foot and hand skills are actually pretty good...
Don't know about his disposal by hand - he never handballs - but his kicking at the champs was very good. The main difference being he played mostly as a midfielder for Vic Country. He does have a tendency to bomb it long and he does rush himself a bit, but he should get more comfortable given time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAYolgB4VRI

Yeah nah pleasing positive
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Has a lot of good attributes.

But his kicking style is going to prevent him from becoming the best player he can be - it's something we need to sort out.

If we can, I reckon he could be a potential gun.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.