Assistant coaches - any rumours, news??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

docsaint
Club Player

Luke Beveridge was offered a job by the Saints but took up an offer from Collingwood. Not sure if it was as an assistant, probably a development role like the one he has taken

onlooker
Club Player

Thanks for the info True Blue and DocSaint. It was a bit confusing where everyone fits in the new off field lineup. It does sound like another Assistant maybe around the corner if Leigh Tudor is to looking after the Forward line and presumably SOS will do the defence, a coach for the mids is on the horizon if they are looking at a traditional coaching set up.

Quixote
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Maybe Hawthorn have taken on Barker out of pity to teach him how to be a forward coach.

He sure as hell didn't show that he had any clue in his 2 years at Moorabbin.

i don't think ross was too sad to see him go........

Barker was an absolute turkey. If anyone here can name one single forward 50 strategy he implemented in TWO YEARS in the role I will fall off my chair.

100% Turkey and the pin-up boy of Jobs-For-Mates.

Welcome Leigh Tudor. No need to stress fella - if you can use a crayon you're already ahead of JB.

Can't wait to see Hawthorn's forward setup next year. Can't wait to see how he inputs into the best forward line in the competition.

Or is that just it - at Hawthorn, the poo turkey doesn't have to do anything??

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

docsaint wrote:Luke Beveridge was offered a job by the Saints but took up an offer from Collingwood. Not sure if it was as an assistant, probably a development role like the one he has taken
Yes I believe he was offered the forward coach role with the Saints :shock:

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
Scoop
Club Player

onlooker wrote:Thanks for the info True Blue and DocSaint. It was a bit confusing where everyone fits in the new off field lineup. It does sound like another Assistant maybe around the corner if Leigh Tudor is to looking after the Forward line and presumably SOS will do the defence, a coach for the mids is on the horizon if they are looking at a traditional coaching set up.
Maybe another with a Geelong connection.....??

:wink:

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
Legendary
Club Player

Spill the beans Scoop ... current or recent Geelong connection? Ex-player/coach?

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:
stinger wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Maybe Hawthorn have taken on Barker out of pity to teach him how to be a forward coach.

He sure as hell didn't show that he had any clue in his 2 years at Moorabbin.

i don't think ross was too sad to see him go........

Barker was an absolute turkey. If anyone here can name one single forward 50 strategy he implemented in TWO YEARS in the role I will fall off my chair.

100% Turkey and the pin-up boy of Jobs-For-Mates.

Welcome Leigh Tudor. No need to stress fella - if you can use a crayon you're already ahead of JB.

Can't wait to see Hawthorn's forward setup next year. Can't wait to see how he inputs into the best forward line in the competition.

Or is that just it - at Hawthorn, the poo turkey doesn't have to do anything??
all i can really remember is the old 'clear out the forward 50 to allow whoever is on fire i.e. milne to take his opponent to the cleaners'........

oh wait...a grade 8 kid could think of that

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:Barker was an absolute turkey. If anyone here can name one single forward 50 strategy he implemented in TWO YEARS in the role I will fall off my chair.
The "Roo and Kosi lead into the same space" strategy.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Scoop wrote:
onlooker wrote:Thanks for the info True Blue and DocSaint. It was a bit confusing where everyone fits in the new off field lineup. It does sound like another Assistant maybe around the corner if Leigh Tudor is to looking after the Forward line and presumably SOS will do the defence, a coach for the mids is on the horizon if they are looking at a traditional coaching set up.

been coaching already at a lower level... terrible hair cut?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

What with the facination in hairdo's on here, in the past few days :D

Carroll's new do has attracted attention, for what seems to indicate a change in off field behaviour

Jimmy's fro is gone, meaning he may have lost the relaxed attitude with his locks and may now have a more serious attitude to football

And this guy is said to have a terrible haircut, meaning what exactly :shock:

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
Scoop wrote:

i also heard a rumour going round that a former WAFL coach who played for Geelong was looking at a job as a full time assistant coach but i didnt hear what team he was looking at

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Solar wrote:
Scoop wrote:

Are we talking about someone who Ayres their opinions pretty strongly???

yipper
SS Life Member

St Chris wrote:
Solar wrote:
Scoop wrote:

At the end of the day, I just don't know!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:
Solar wrote:
Scoop wrote:

I was more thinking of a fat little god who decided that hitting harvey behind play is a smart thing to do....

FQF
In richo I trust

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
St Chris wrote:
Solar wrote:
Scoop wrote:

I was more thinking of a fat little god who decided that hitting harvey behind play is a smart thing to do....
as was i a former Peel coach who had a fondness for a cat food

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Solar
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Solar wrote:
St Chris wrote:
Solar wrote:
Scoop wrote:

as was i a former Peel coach who had a fondness for a cat food
good old whiskers...... :lol:

FQF
In richo I trust

onlooker
Club Player

I was struggling with the info because he changed his haircut a few years ago. I noticed it a couple of years ago in Perth when he was asked to explain some radical positional changes he had in place at the start of a WAFL game. He subsequently left Perth.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

onlooker wrote:I was struggling with the info because he changed his haircut a few years ago. I noticed it a couple of years ago in Perth when he was asked to explain some radical positional changes he had in place at the start of a WAFL game. He subsequently left Perth.
That was when he had every one of the starting 18 behind the centre at the opening bounce !!

onlooker
Club Player

Spot on Eastern. I had forgotten the actual circumstances at the game but I do remember him being fed up with his side's efforts (which from memory was a bit of a lost cause that year) and the supporters screaming for him to do something which he did and they (the supporters and the local press) didn't like it one bit. It gave the rest of us a bit of a laugh though.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

please god dont let ANYONE go near gary ayres.

hes simply mentally disabled im sorry....to many steroids........

“Yeah….nah””
onlooker
Club Player

As a midfield coach I still reckon M McGuane is worth reconsidering. I think it was unfortunate that he was part of the coaching panel that had to go when GT lost the job because I think the season he had with the mid field group they improved heaps. By all accounts he was well regarded at R'mond and whilst I don't obviously don't know how he was thought of within Saints, from this supporter's perspective he was making a more than good contribution.

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

onlooker wrote:As a midfield coach I still reckon M McGuane is worth reconsidering. I think it was unfortunate that he was part of the coaching panel that had to go when GT lost the job because I think the season he had with the mid field group they improved heaps. By all accounts he was well regarded at R'mond and whilst I don't obviously don't know how he was thought of within Saints, from this supporter's perspective he was making a more than good contribution.
Been there... Done that... Move on...

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Mick McGuanes greatest contribution to coaching and commentary:

"It is of utmost importance to keep your feet when the ball is in disrepute".

What a great mind!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
stinger
Saintsational Legend

spent more time in the tab than he did at moorabbin.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Quixote
SS Life Member

Otiman wrote:
Quixote wrote:Barker was an absolute turkey. If anyone here can name one single forward 50 strategy he implemented in TWO YEARS in the role I will fall off my chair.
The "Roo and Kosi lead into the same space" strategy.

Yeah that was a master-stroke.

Or the 'Kosi stay put in the square at all times even if we are getting killed. Once we do get it down there just bomb it high and long, Kosi'll grab it.'

Wouldn't mind Budda on board - instill some mongrel prehaps??

NO to Ayres.

He's a shampooed sock-puppet. :wink: :roll:

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo