cousins grilled by saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

cousins grilled by saints

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html

BEN Cousins faced a series of probing questions from five St Kilda officials as the Saints continued their investigation into the merits of recruiting the troubled Brownlow medallist. The St Kilda group did not hold back in its interrogation, querying Cousins about matters relating to the drug addiction that forced the AFL Commission to suspend him from top-level football this time last year.

The latest meeting between Cousins and St Kilda came at an upmarket seafood cafe in sleepy Pt Lonsdale, situated between Queenscliff and Ocean Grove on the Bellarine Peninsula.

Two members of the Saints board, as well as coach Ross Lyon, chief executive Archie Fraser and football manager Matthew Drain, dined with Cousins and his manager Ricky Nixon on Sunday night.

The owners of Kelp Cafe agreed to open their venue exclusively for the gathering.

Fraser could not be contacted yesterday, with club communications manager Matt Schmidt saying: "The club is continuing its review process and assessing all options."

Fulham_Sainter
Club Player

To be expected!!!

I hope this shows all the people not wanting him at the club that management does have the teams best interests here and aren't going to draft him if they have suspicions.

Hope Benny said enough to convince them he can contribute to the team both on and off the field!

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

mmm news also reports another grilling this Sunday nite

Before Im 85
GrumpyOne

saintsrus wrote:mmm news also reports another grilling this Sunday nite
Steak this time.

markp
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
saintsrus wrote:mmm news also reports another grilling this Sunday nite
Steak this time.
People should stop flaming him.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Well the media has reported a flaming, as usual I don't believe they were invited to dinner?

markp
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Well the media has reported a flaming, as usual I don't believe they were invited to dinner?
Yup, I'd like to know their sauce.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I am really happy with the way the club is approaching this, it doesn't strike me that it's being run from a boardroom. There seems to be a lot of realness about the way it's being handled.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Hope Cousins wasn't kept on ice prior to this grilling.

Something very fishy about this.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
markp
Saintsational Legend

Sounds like he's so close now he can taste it.... I'm sure he'll relish the challenge.

The club are probably behind this leek.

markp
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:I am really happy with the way the club is approaching this, it doesn't strike me that it's being run from a boardroom. There seems to be a lot of realness about the way it's being handled.
Yep, (unlike us) the club has been all class on this.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote: Something very fishy about this.
Don't worry Joffa, it was just the sea air!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
villasaint
Club Player

he is one of the best midflielders i have evern seen. If he can play to 90 per cent of his former ability then he will be good for us. I cant wait to see him in a saints jumper. Hope we get him. Fiora out Cousins in. Fiora squeky clean. Cousin dark past. Am copping it from oposition supporters at the moment. They can get stuffed. He will b great for us. Midfied is our weakness and he will go a long way to fixing that . GO SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:I am really happy with the way the club is approaching this, it doesn't strike me that it's being run from a boardroom. There seems to be a lot of realness about the way it's being handled.
Yep, (unlike us) the club has been all class on this.
Agree the club has been meticulous in this process and must be commended overall....might be why Cousins will feel confident in committing to a club that has gone the extra mile...

Hope he can repay the faith in spades...think its a good chance :twisted:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

90% of his previous ability is worth more than a 100% fit Judd. Cousins would have to be one of the best players I have seen play the game. Unfortunately, his reputation and off field antics stop the media from truly recognising his brilliance (and the fact that they are 'Judd Struck'.

Good on you saints, really impressed with the way you are handling this. Granted, it is risky, but nothing worthwhile in life is without risk or chance. You have my vote. Can't wait to see Ben in the red, white and black. :D

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Can't wait to have him streaming through the midfield setting up Roo, Kosi et al.

Welcome Benny.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

imagine what will happen if he doesnt get to us

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:imagine what will happen if he doesnt get to us
This site will implode.

I was told in another thread I had to get used to him because there is a good chance he will come to us and - I guess I can't think badly of him as a person if he's a Saint.

Thank God I can't make my own decisions about what I think of any individual, so apparently when he becomes a Saint I HAVE to support him and who he is, have to forget all he's "done" and have to totally endorse him.

Even though I USED to think he was slime and wouldn't want him near my club.

But once he puts on that jumper.....

So may as well start by saying "Run Benny, Run Benny, Run, Run, Run"

Because that run will benefit our midfield.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:imagine what will happen if he doesnt get to us
And there could well be a lurker out there.....

so many posts of welcome benny................

saint4life
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Something very fishy about this.
Grilled fish/seafood as well as the steak.

Should be a ripper cook up!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Shades
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:imagine what will happen if he doesnt get to
us

il burn my membership
:P :P :P :P :P

i think we will get him

we need him afl will def let him play they dot just want him 2 die away all of aus will be watching his 1st game

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Only thing grilled there would have been the food!!

No way you would ask "hard" questions at a venue with random third parties pesent (restaurant staff etc...).

Would have more likely been a function to make Ben feel wanted and welcome....and a getting to know you event....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
jays
Club Player

who cares as long as the afl lets him play he is a gun
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

linz
Club Player

villasaint wrote:he is one of the best midflielders i have evern seen. If he can play to 90 per cent of his former ability then he will be good for us. I cant wait to see him in a saints jumper. Hope we get him. Fiora out Cousins in. Fiora squeky clean. Cousin dark past. Am copping it from oposition supporters at the moment. They can get stuffed. He will b great for us. Midfied is our weakness and he will go a long way to fixing that . GO SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know why, but I'm very worried. I really don't know whether Ben Cousins will be mentally strong enough to resist more drug taking. Ice is so much more addictive than heroin. I hope he is mentally strong enough, but how many chances do you get? Given the number of benders Ben has been on, if he wasn't so fit he'd be dead by now.

I would be happy if Ben gets off the drugs, gives up AFL and lives a Happy life. Maybe the G-Train can introduce him to caring for people less fortunate. Football is secondary to happiness

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Beekay
SS Life Member

linz wrote:Given the number of benders Ben has been on, if he wasn't so fit he'd be dead by now.
That is a ridiculous statement.