2009 TEAM

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

2009 TEAM

Here is what i would like to see our team line up look like next year....

FB: Dempster Max Gilbet
HB: Raph Maguire Fisher
C: Montagna Ball Cousins
HF: Goddard Roo O’Keefe
FF: Milne Kosi Schneider
FW: King Hayes Gram

M.Gardiner Baker Blake Dal

others i would like to see in the line up through out the year would be Armitage, Steven, McEvoy and who ever we recruit in the draft this year.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Dempster's ACL might be an issue....

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Sobraz wrote:Dempster's ACL might be an issue....
When is he expected to return?

bethb7
Club Player

I like that line up alot Cousins & O’Keefe would bring alot to our line up provided they both play at their best.

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
matrix
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:
some supporter.... :roll:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Sobraz
SS Life Member

matrixcutter wrote:
#1GILL wrote:
some supporter.... :roll:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
My thoughts exactly...

Give us those trade suggestions again #1Dill...

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Re: 2009 TEAM

#1GILL wrote:Here is what i would like to see our team line up look like next year....

others i would like to see in the line up through out the year would be Armitage, Steven, McEvoy and who ever we recruit in the draft this year.
Not bad. Notice the absence of X Clarke. If he is still at the Saints I'd have him in the back pocket as an attacking option, rather than the injured Dempster.

Can't see M Gardiner being at St Kilda next year. Give his spot as the 2nd ruckman to McEvoy.

Maguire to the bench, Blake to CHB.

Lastly, can't see us getting both Cousins and O'Keefe. I'm on record as being against Cousins due to concerns over body and age.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I hope we dont pick either of these older players. Like Schneider has been so good for us, not. I wonder which kid we could have picked up with pick 26? O'Keeffe is 28. Cousins is 29. Forget them. Concentrate on the young recruits.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I'd like Judd and Hodge is our team.

marksnsparks
Club Player

Would like to see CJ, Eddy and Steven more prominently somewhere in the team. Don't like the short term focus this team has. We all want a flag, but we don't want to seriously crash and burn for 10 years in a vain attempt to get it.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

CJ skills terrible, Eddy not ready, Steven hasn't played a game.

They all need to have a big preseason and push for game time.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SaintHomer
Club Player

i'd like to see us get more games into eddy, jack and mcevoy. that's our future. no to cousins, and we won't get okeefe

Joey is the bomb!

GET f***ed Cousins isn't coming to st kilda!!

Sweet, sexy, sweaty JOEY!!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
#1GILL wrote:Here is what i would like to see our team line up look like next year....

Not bad. Notice the absence of X Clarke. If he is still at the Saints I'd have him in the back pocket as an attacking option, rather than the injured Dempster.

Can't see M Gardiner being at St Kilda next year. Give his spot as the 2nd ruckman to McEvoy.

Lastly, can't see us getting both Cousins and O'Keefe. I'm on record as being against Cousins due to concerns over body and age.
Do you think the timing of Dempster's injury, may just be a lifeline to X then?

Cro
Club Player

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:

I doubt it, X can't do the shut down job we need, they'd be more inclined to look at Geary for that. I think Geary's pretty useless myself, but doubt X would be any good, he's a s*** tackler so..

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:

I think X down back with the ability to run straight at the ball could turn his career around. He has the ability to spoil and tackle when committed and confident. Put him down back with his brother and you just never know. Raph turned his career around down back. Maybe X could do the same.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
To the top
SS Life Member

Something like this:-

Gilbert Hudgden Montagna
S. Fisher Maguire Gram
Riewoldt Goddard Hayes
X. Clarke Koschitzke xxxxxxxx
Ball Allen Steven
King Dal Santo xxxxxxx

M. Gardiner R. Clarke xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx

McEvoy needs a couple of stone on his frame to compete in the ruck but may get opportunities as a forward in the meantime because of his height, marking and kicking abilities.

R. Clarke gives the flexibility to rotate Montagna, Gram and S. Fisher (and even Gilbert as a wild card) plus into the mid-field himself.

Granted the rucks (King & M. Gardiner) and Hudgden are mature aged players, but their inclusions are because of a lack of options on our list.

But the rest, including Hayes, still have years left in them and need to form the basis of our side going forward.

Fingers and toes crossed with Maguire, otherwise we need a class key defender for CHB so you can insert xxxxxxx there.

So 4, maybe 5, players short, all most capable of rotating thru the mid-field and one snagging multiple goals.

Once you get past the above, the issue of depth becomes obvious.

Armitage needs fitness and a running coach.

Howard needs to show he has "it".

The concern is that our to be Drafted players will need time to make an impact, so can not be relied upon in 2009.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Something like this:-

Gilbert Hudgden Montagna
S. Fisher Maguire Gram
Riewoldt Goddard Hayes
Ball Allen Steven
King Dal Santo xxxxxxx

where are milne and schneider?

they kicked 90-odd goals between them in 2008 and i'd have both of them, plus riewoldt (who kicked 70-odd) as definite ins and close to the goals.

that's 160-odd goals you've taken from the forward line and yours simply doesn't have enough proven goal-kickers in it.

here's an early stab at mine, with much depending on fitness of course

B: Baker (if fit), Hudghton, X. Clarke
HB: Gram, Maguire (if fit), S. Fisher
C: Blake, Hayes, Gilbert
HF: Milne, Riewoldt, Dal Santo
F: Koschitzke, Goddard, Schneider

Foll: King, R. Clarke, Ball
Inter: Montagna, C. Jones, Armitage, Gwilt.

* dal santo and goddard replace gwilt and c. gardiner in the forward line, adding some much-needed class.
* r clake added to the mids rotation.
Last edited by bigcarl on Tue 30 Sep 2008 10:44pm, edited 5 times in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Something like this:-

Gilbert Hudgden Montagna
S. Fisher Maguire Gram
Riewoldt Goddard Hayes
Ball Allen Steven
King Dal Santo xxxxxxx

McEvoy needs a couple of stone on his frame to compete in the ruck but may get opportunities as a forward in the meantime because of his height, marking and kicking abilities.

R. Clarke gives the flexibility to rotate Montagna, Gram and S. Fisher (and even Gilbert as a wild card) plus into the mid-field himself.

Granted the rucks (King & M. Gardiner) and Hudgden are mature aged players, but their inclusions are because of a lack of options on our list.

But the rest, including Hayes, still have years left in them and need to form the basis of our side going forward.

Fingers and toes crossed with Maguire, otherwise we need a class key defender for CHB so you can insert xxxxxxx there.

So 4, maybe 5, players short, all most capable of rotating thru the mid-field and one snagging multiple goals.

Once you get past the above, the issue of depth becomes obvious.

Armitage needs fitness and a running coach.

Howard needs to show he has "it".

The concern is that our to be Drafted players will need time to make an impact, so can not be relied upon in 2009.
Pretty MG will not be with us next year and doubley sure Rooy isnt going to be on the wing. Surely Milne will be in the side also as will Schneider.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

MG will be with us next year.
Cousins will be a saint also.

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Cousins will be a saint also.
:shock:

Ok, if u say so......

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Pretty MG will not be with us next year and doubley sure Rooy isnt going to be on the wing. Surely Milne will be in the side also as will Schneider.
how do you line them up, plugger?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Pretty MG will not be with us next year and doubley sure Rooy isnt going to be on the wing. Surely Milne will be in the side also as will Schneider.
I refuse to ever do these teams. Have never done one and never will as there probably has never been once in the history of the club everyone is available and in form. I will say though Milne, Scneiger and Rooy will be in the forward line as will Kosi if he stays.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
I refuse to ever do these teams. Have never done one and never will as there probably has never been once in the history of the club everyone is available and in form. I will say though Milne, Scneiger and Rooy will be in the forward line as will Kosi if he stays.
Well imagine that :shock:

.... that's really sticking your neck out and a real revelation Plugger :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I will say though Milne, Scneiger and Rooy will be in the forward line as will Kosi if he stays.
i agree with that. i do think that if you are going to take potshots at others' ideas that you disclose your own team, though. :wink:

c'mon. it's only fair.
Last edited by bigcarl on Tue 30 Sep 2008 10:57pm, edited 1 time in total.