Will they ever say we earned 4th place?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

my les foote
Club Player

Will they ever say we earned 4th place?

With the win against the filth we completed the set of victories against teams 5 - 9.

Also worth noting that every team that has finished 4th with 13 wins since 1994 has played in the Grand Final.
Geelong were smashed in '94
Pies went very close in '02
And I don't want to mention '97

Win it for HIM!
spert
Saintsational Legend

I'm quietly enjoying the lack of respect that the media and others are giving the Saints. I was peed off the way the scribes were talking up the three way contest with Cats, Hawks and Woods last week.. as if we didn't exist in the finals. GO SAINTS

StSteven
Club Player

The part I find hard to take is everyone is patronizing us by saying such things as "You have done well to get there but that is as far as you will go". Also it irks me that the team that is considered the best of all time is the team that we were going to be. The Cats have gone past us and we are not even being considered in the same league as them.

The only way to change that is to win on Saturday and flog them the week after if they get past the Doggies.

I can't wait for the Grand Final.....what a day that would be.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

I think everyone has started to change their tune.

After we just smashed the pies, they've all began to accept we deserved 4th.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ive heard it since adelaide game...
u guys will lose
then essendon...
u wont win by that much
then cats...
they will spank u by a tonne
then the pies...
u only have roo

wonder what they'll come up with this week at work?
spose it'll be all about Duddy Franky :roll:

he'll kick 20! :roll:

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Underdog status suits me fine... would also fire up the boys, one would suggest. :lol:

Admitedly, the Cats are a mile ahead, BUT: GO THE MIGHTY DOGGIES!!!

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
GSG
Club Player

Why don’t we all banter some statistics around.

Apart from the Cats, St. Kilda was the best performed team over the last 10 games with 8 out of 10, next comes North with 7 out of 10, then the Hawks with 6 out of 10, then the Pies and the Bullies with 5 out of 10 and last but not least the Swans with 4 out of 10!

We rest our case!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Underdog status suits me fine... would also fire up the boys, one would suggest. :lol:

Admitedly, the Cats are a mile ahead, BUT: GO THE MIGHTY DOGGIES!!!
Hmmm...I'm worried we'll lose our coverted 'underdog' status...we're all over the press today! Given some players are getting a lot of attention, BJ has slammed the media, plus we will go in pretty confident we have the wood on the Hawks, does this mean trouble???

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

No way. No matter how good our win was (which it was), I doubt it will kill the media's love for all things "Buddy".

Even on Sat nite, straight after the game, they had a promo featuring Buddy with the caption: Buddy Is Waiting For You!

I think that BJ summed it up... the focus is on the team and doing team things, which gives me confidence.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Why do you guys care what anyone says.

Results > words.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

timtam
Club Player

GSG wrote:Why don’t we all banter some statistics around.

Apart from the Cats, St. Kilda was the best performed team over the last 10 games with 8 out of 10, next comes North with 7 out of 10, then the Hawks with 6 out of 10, then the Pies and the Bullies with 5 out of 10 and last but not least the Swans with 4 out of 10!

We rest our case!

SSSHHHHHHH!!!!! Don't want them to hype us up1 Just let the boys go about their business and let them do what they have to this week. The more they write us off, the more determined the boys will be. I hope we sneak under the radar all week and the hype remains around Buddy and they chase him around with helicopters............ :twisted:

Don't argue with an idiot - people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:Why do you guys care what anyone says.

Results > words.
Why do you say that? You've got me worried, now. :wink: