roo=sheila's effort

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

roo=sheila's effort

failed to put his body behind the ball,failed to hold his ground,failed to take a grab,failed to give a 2nd effort...even allowing for the ball not being deliverd on a platter was a pyss poor effort from the leader of the team/club

all right to wank on to the media pre game would be better advised to shut the .... up & show what you can do in 120 minutes under the pump

EVERY PLAYER should be on media bans until our season is over...after all they are just talking shyt to the converted

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: roo=sheila's effort

rogerwa wrote:failed to put his body behind the ball,failed to hold his ground,failed to take a grab,failed to give a 2nd effort...even allowing for the ball not being deliverd on a platter was a pyss poor effort from the leader of the team/club

all right to wank on to the media pre game would be better advised to shut the .... up & show what you can do in 120 minutes under the pump

EVERY PLAYER should be on media bans until our season is over...after all they are just talking shyt to the converted
A bit harsh. You might not have seen but conditions werent good early but worse still the delivery was poor.

HarveysDeciple

ridiculous post......laughable.

played a bad game, but hit every contest hard, and gave second, third and fourth efforts like he ALWAYS does.

didn't hold his marks which was dissapointing but shocking thread title and very innacurate comments in regards to his effort

marksnsparks
Club Player

Saw a lot of that today...not just Roo.

Blokes making sure they didn't get injured for the really important game next week, as they knew they couldn't win today. Lots of going for the ball at 50%. Made me scream today, but hopeful that that's the last half arsed effort we'll see this year.

I miss Bally...bleeds R, W & B

nicko016
Club Player

He had a poor game, but lets wait till after next week and see how he responds to adversity. For mine, if he comes out and puts in a fantastic effort next week and drags us over the line he will return his reputation to a higher point that what it was prior to today.

AlpineStars
Club Player

Had a bad game he will know it and luckily has a chance to make up for it next week.

Wake me up when September ends.
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

He knows he had a shocker.

Make up for it next week.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

If it was not for his efforts over the last half of season......

carried us over the line

we would all have been doing anything other than footy this weekend....

Dissapointing

On the the juice Rog
:wink: :wink:

bit below belt.

saint4life
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:ridiculous post......laughable.

played a bad game, but hit every contest hard, and gave second, third and fourth efforts like he ALWAYS does.

didn't hold his marks which was dissapointing but shocking thread title and very innacurate comments in regards to his effort
agreed not his fault that he was two teamed or in some occasions three teamed...

missed some early marks, but to label him as
sheila's effort
is ridiculous

delivery into our forward 50 has been a problem all year ......

there is simply not enough players thinking or delivering well into our forward 50

entry into our forward 50 has been pretty good this year, but our goals from our forward 50 has been crap this year...

Yes, it had improved over the last few games, but when the pressure is on, its been bad

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

stand by what i said...pathetic effort

along wirth 1/2 doz big names

easier to name the other 1/2 doz or so
milne
king
max
maybe blake & thats about it

not one other player could say they consistantly put their body behind the ball when it was their turn

simple....16-18 take the cheap option ya lose by 10-15 goals

AINT FN ROCKET SCIENCE

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

apparently played with a broken finger

doristhesaint
Club Player

He had a very bad game and have never seen him miss so many marks when he has got his hands to the ball. but i dont think it will happen two weeks in a row.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

He'll bounce back next week. He's too good a player to play two shockers in a row.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

rogerwa wrote:stand by what i said...pathetic effort

along wirth 1/2 doz big names

easier to name the other 1/2 doz or so
milne
king
max
maybe blake & thats about it

not one other player could say they consistantly put their body behind the ball when it was their turn

simple....16-18 take the cheap option ya lose by 10-15 goals

AINT FN ROCKET SCIENCE
To suggest that roo is a sheila and didn't put his body on the line is a ridiculous comment...

He puts his body on the line in every match...

Again the delivery into the forward 50 was crap

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

had a few chook :lol: even allowing for that..i'm sure roo would be the 1st to admit he didnt really have a crack

HarveysDeciple

rogerwa wrote:had a few chook :lol: even allowing for that..i'm sure roo would be the 1st to admit he didnt really have a crack
he wouldnt admit that, because it's not the case.....had a bad day-----yes...

tried his best------yes always....just a s*** game, players play bad games, but players like roo always have a dip.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Couldnt have said it better myself.

mick13
Club Player

He carried us into 4th spot.

And now you jump down his throat in his first bad game in 10 weeks...

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Absolute joke of a thread, much like your contribution to the Harvey Scarlett thread. Do not think I'd want you watching my back Rogerwa.

Conditions, poor ball movement into forward 50 conspired to blunt Roo's game. Bit hard when you add a very well drilled defensive unit. As for your support of Scarlett to say what he likes to whoever whenever because he has two flags is baffling. Sounds alot like false and misplacedbravado to me.

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

i've no problems being called a dykhead...stand by what i said

imo (which means sfa) he did not have a red hot crack

bergsone
SS Life Member

One of those days,we have all had em,dont deny that.If by sheila you mean ,weak gutless etc,say it to his face,or get out there and do better job

ANYBODY who crosses that white line is not a sheila

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

i'm sure riewoldt will be bitterly disappointed with both his own, and the team's effort today.

a sheila?

no, but i'd say that he, along with nearly everyone else, was overawed by 1) the occasion and 2) our opponent.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Were you at the game rogerwa?

I don't think so, otherwise you would realise that Roo gave it a red hot go.

What is a "sheila's effort" anyway? Are you a sheila? Otherwise how would you know what a "sheils'a game" is?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
bergsone
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:i'm sure riewoldt will be bitterly disappointed with both his own, and the team's effort today.

a sheila?

no, but i'd say that he, along with nearly everyone else, was overawed by 1) the occasion and 2) our opponent.
YES

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Reading Roo's interview in the paper yesterday he spoke about being nervous before the game.

Nothing wrong with that, I'm sure 98% of players get nervous before games. But I get the feeling that Roo suffers from nerves more than most and it can have a debilitating effect on him - which is obvious with his goal-kicking.

Needed to stand up today as the leader of the club and was found wanting.

Regardless of how good his last two months were. We expect more from him and he is not beyond reproach.

Was definitely NOT for lack of trying though. That is for damn sure.