Umpiring laughable

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Umpiring laughable

Now for the first 3 quarters we were an abomination,terrible,won't win again this year if we dish up more performances like that. Great that they had a dip in the last and stormed over them....would of been nice to get that sort of commitment for 4 quarters instead of the trash we got for the first 3.

Now,the umpring....that was the biggest disgrace I have seen in a long time. Fcuk me!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: What was the free kick count? Is there something fishy going on here? The questions have to be asked as that was bordering on cheating,astonishing claims, yet quite obvious.
That 50 against McQualter was quite possibly the worst decision in the history of the game and only confirmed the fact that the umpires backed Port!!!!!
I expect an enquiry this week from the club. This rot week in week out can't continue from these corrupt victims of school bullies

plugger66 you're not allowed to reply to this :wink:

Bring back the Lockett era
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Umpiring laughable

jonesy wrote:Now for the first 3 quarters we were an abomination,terrible,won't win again this year if we dish up more performances like that. Great that they had a dip in the last and stormed over them....would of been nice to get that sort of commitment for 4 quarters instead of the trash we got for the first 3.

Now,the umpring....that was the biggest disgrace I have seen in a long time. Fcuk me!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: What was the free kick count? Is there something fishy going on here? The questions have to be asked as that was bordering on cheating,astonishing claims, yet quite obvious.
That 50 against McQualter was quite possibly the worst decision in the history of the game and only confirmed the fact that the umpires backed Port!!!!!
I expect an enquiry this week from the club. This rot week in week out can't continue from these corrupt victims of school bullies

plugger66 you're not allowed to reply to this :wink:
I can just read that and Mr Magic talked me into hating everyone but the saints so I am with you from now on.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

my old man who no longer watches football was going mental at the replay, which means it had to be bad..

i listened on the radio and triple m said it wasn't bad...

i will reserve judgement till i watch the replay;

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
claystreet
Club Player

The Umpiring was an absolute discrace
31 in the yellow was best Port player in the ground :roll:

Now watch the AFL fine me $5000
:P

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Umpiring at the game appeared farcical. Inconsistency was absolutely terrible. That umpire #16 (was that Head?) was the biggest joke of them all. Vozzo was a disgrace also.

If these umpires are getting paid generously to umpire the most popular sport in the country, they have to be doing a much better job than the crap that was dished out today. End of story.

I was absolutely fuming and still am.

The Saints are coming!
thequarry
Club Player

I haven't heard a St Kilda crowd more seething the incompetence of an umpiring display. The booing just about drowned out the song as the umpires left the field after the match.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

usually i'm loathe to criticise the umpiring and particularly to blame it for a loss.

since we won, i thought it was incompetent and pathetic and really gave port a chance at winning that they didn't deserve.

lennyhayes77

the worst part about it all, was that we were leading ALL the stats that would give us free kicks!
clearances/hardball gets/contested marks were all in our favour! and still we got absolutely nothing! what about that kane cornes decision, running into an open goal, dally tackles him and he just drops it, only to have play on called?

absolutely unbelievable. i think the club should put 10,000 dollars away so lyon can just go insane!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Free kick count 26-18 in Port's favour...but what do we have to do to get holding the ball, especially in front of goal during the last quarter! Deliberate out of bounds apparently doesn't apply to Peter Burgoune, so he kept on doing it. 50's were silly, to be kind, and wasn't Motlop kicking the ball out of Gilberts (?) hands kicking in danger?

Meh. We were average again though...than gawd we won, although we were robbed of a 6-8 goal win.

mick13
Club Player

Joke.

If there was 40-45k people there you wouldnt' have heard the Port supporters cheering when they got their 3 goals from 50m penalties...

Who was no.2? Was tempted to throw my footy at him when he was nearby.

tezza1
Club Player

You would think that umpires dont cheat ?

Well their performance would indicate if they are not cheating then they are hopelessly incompetent .

But when one team wins the soft free after obvious frees are ignored as happened numerous times in the last quarter then Im with the cheating conspiracy theorists.

Go Sainters !!!!!
35...LEGEND
Club Player

"that was the biggest disgrace I have seen in a long time"

no argument here !!!
nearly brought a tear to the eye

I've got to stop belting immovable object's

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

The inconsistency with frees and 50m penalties.... the AFL needs to penalise poor umpiring but we know that isnt going to happen.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

I don't normally complain about umpiring....but it was abyssmal today....counted 4 gift goals to Power.

Reminds me of the game at AAMI where on Geishen's own analysis the count was 14 mistakes to 1 in favour of Port...I think we lost that game by 8 points!

Nee!
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

we all know how bad it was today and everytime we get Vozzo I starting chalking up the game as a loss because we've go hope with him and Head should never umpire us again, seeing the "whole whispers in the sky" keeps rearing its ugle head. And today was no exception.
Someone rang Triple MMM to complain and Jason Dunstall who is a tool and a half said there were a couple of "ordinary decisions"
A COUPLE!!!!!!! and that after all they "are human" No Jason- human they may be but professionali they are not. And it seems every game this weekend has had callers to SEN saying the umpireing was dreadful. The umpires are no untouchable and it's starting to destroy the game. If they cannot hide their personal bias and subjective decision making they should be dropped from the panel. :evil: :evil: :evil:
They need to be accountable and if they can't stand the criticism, get out of the game. And that applies to the AFL and the umpire panel who cannot take any kind of criticism and nor are they able to be honest with their dealings with the umpires and teams who are all tearing there hair out because there is no consistency in their umpiring decisions.
During the GT trial, did anyone recall the evidence that GT stated one of the reasons he was told he had to go, was that as long as he, GT was coaching then St kilda would never get a fair go from the umpires after he gave them a serve and was fine $20 000?
If that's correct you have to worry how much truth there was in the observation. Trouble is, GT is gone and still we get crap form the umps.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

ozrulestrace wrote:we all know how bad it was today and everytime we get Vozzo I starting chalking up the game as a loss because we've go hope with him and Head should never umpire us again, seeing the "whole whispers in the sky" keeps rearing its ugle head. And today was no exception.
Someone rang Triple MMM to complain and Jason Dunstall who is a tool and a half said there were a couple of "ordinary decisions"
A COUPLE!!!!!!! and that after all they "are human" No Jason- human they may be but professionali they are not. And it seems every game this weekend has had callers to SEN saying the umpireing was dreadful. The umpires are no untouchable and it's starting to destroy the game. If they cannot hide their personal bias and subjective decision making they should be dropped from the panel. :evil: :evil: :evil:
They need to be accountable and if they can't stand the criticism, get out of the game. And that applies to the AFL and the umpire panel who cannot take any kind of criticism and nor are they able to be honest with their dealings with the umpires and teams who are all tearing there hair out because there is no consistency in their umpiring decisions.
During the GT trial, did anyone recall the evidence that GT stated one of the reasons he was told he had to go, was that as long as he, GT was coaching then St kilda would never get a fair go from the umpires after he gave them a serve and was fine $20 000?
If that's correct you have to worry how much truth there was in the observation. Trouble is, GT is gone and still we get crap form the umps.

care to make that readable?

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:
ozrulestrace wrote:we all know how bad it was today and everytime we get Vozzo I starting chalking up the game as a loss because we've go hope with him and Head should never umpire us again, seeing the "whole whispers in the sky" keeps rearing its ugle head. And today was no exception.

care to make that readable?
I will do it for him. He thinks they umpired shitehouse.

saintbart
Club Player

Critisism of umpiring is more credible from a winning side. You don't normally get the wave of comments that you find on here when we have won the game.

My personal opinion: I was at the game and agree the umpiring was laughable. It was incredibly inconsistent to the point that it is becoming believable that there was some agenda against us. This is coming from an ex-umpire (with Level 2 accreditation), and someone who only posts when something really needs to be said.

esaint66
SS Life Member

It was so sh1t, i was litrally pulling my hair out .... they can't have missed all those blatant free kicks unless something we don't know about is going on :| :| :|

If football has come to this .... jeez i don't know.

Maybe they will take notice of what we/I say because we are of the winnign team.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

got two quick points

1. people SHOULD never suggest we only complaign about terrible umpiring when we lose. We won and trust me this thread will be very very very long by monday arvo.

2. Have a look at the third 50 metre penalty. If the umpiring department had any balls or brains that would have been the point where the three umpires for today got marked "not to umpire again". The second one was terrible umpiring, the first could have been there but the third.... hmmmm

I could nearly overlook the lopsided free kick count and terrible individual calls like a throw in the final quarter and the run down of cornes.... but the 50 metre penalties are what showed these three up.....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saint edward wrote:Maybe they will take notice of what we/I say because we are on the winning team.
now would be the best time to make an official complaint to the afl. last week it would have sounded like sour grapes.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Watching the replay.

Four times a port player was tackled. 1 on 1.

Did not dispose of the ball....Free kick not awarded.

Can hear the umps on the mic going..."But he didnt pull it in"...

Your flowering retards....No freaking attempt to dispose of it.

Pay the free you corrupt pea-hearted, no friends, bullied schoolboy geek.

F*cking deplorable.

Its why I hardly attend matches anymore.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Sorry it wasn't readable but the umpiring gets worse each week and I get more worked up about it. It's at the point where games are lost and seasons are lost because the umpiring, for not only us, but from the complaints of supporters of other teams. And I get really angry whereby, the catch word for this century is "accountablility" except for the umpiring. And it like bashing our heads against the wall trying to get Andrew Demtriou, his offsiders and the Geesch to realise, umpiring is supposed to be without bias, personality differences, and as I've always said, you know it when there umpiring is good, because you don't even know who the umpires were.
But point taken about my proof reading :oops:

Washedup
Club Player

Umpiring was an absolute disgrace. That Cu#t Head i want to kill, his tally for the day was about 12-1 in favour of Port. Umpire 31 wasn't much better. Why do these imbeciles not have to be accountable for their performances? Last weeks 29-10 was bad but i thought today was alot worse. It wont get any better next week against the Pies, a team the AFL definitely want to make the 8

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

The umpires were totally pathetic. Their "performance" was biased and utterly one eyed.

If I was that bad at my job I would be sacked, and for good reason too.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum