did sam apologise

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

did sam apologise

the old pr!ck really rubbished bally last week.....for having the hide to pick the saints to win over the dorks...said he was an extremely good tipster ...and told luke that he would play last weeks clip next week.. did his mates show the segment in last nights show...or did they just ignore it..... :?: :?: :?: :evil: :evil: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

I think Sam was getting revenge on Bally for showing him up back stage.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

they mentioned it and showed the vision but the conversation went around and NO............ nothing from Sam

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
TassieJones
Club Player

Brought it up briefly, but their replay didn't do Sam's arrogance justice and the subject was changed pretty quickly. Would have also liked them to show the clip where Bally tipped Port against Adelaide and Sam went off his nut saying people like him who play in the AFL should know better etc. etc.

In the future Sam should know better than to insult the intelligence of his intellectual superiors (i.e most people, but specifically Lukey Ball)

Quixote
SS Life Member

Thought it got ok justice.

They showed Sam's stupidness, mentioned that it fired up the Saints boys - when they cut back to Sam, no he didn't apologise (should he have to..?) but made a quip about only being wrong four times in his life (his three wives being the other).

Also, there was a cutaway to some players (or hired buns) on a Saints mini-bus giving Sam the moon!!

Billy also gave the Saints a good rap - as did Nathan Brown (who is an excellent media performer, too, FWIW). Garry Lyon also said that Riewoldt was the number 1 player in the comp right now.

Now - I'm off to watch the Hawks get smacked for the second time in a week!

8-)

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
stinger
Saintsational Legend

yeah...i found it on ninemsm....worth a look...

Sam's tipping knowledge qustioned
July 24, 2008: The boys from St Kilda question Sam's tipping knowledge after he predicted there would be no way they would get up against Hawthorn last week.
Related Links
WWOS.com.au
WWOS.com.au/afl
Related Videos (view all)

saintDal
Club Player

TassieJones wrote:Brought it up briefly, but their replay didn't do Sam's arrogance justice and the subject was changed pretty quickly. Would have also liked them to show the clip where Bally tipped Port against Adelaide and Sam went off his nut saying people like him who play in the AFL should know better etc. etc.

In the future Sam should know better than to insult the intelligence of his intellectual superiors (i.e most people, but specifically Lukey Ball)
Didn't he have a go at him for tipping Richmond as well?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Did he really need to apologise?

Thought it was just the Sam persona last week and a bit of good fun.

Had a crack at his expense last night.

Shouldn't really take Sam Newmans persona too seriously. After all it is all about entertainment :wink: :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

One thing's for sure..... this forum will have a crack at anyone in the media who puts the Club down.......

Newman, Blight, Lane to name a few. The list is probably never-ending.

But in the end, it's an opinions business really.

Have to laugh sometimes at how seriously everyone takes themselves. We are going to cop criticism whether we like it or not.

I would hate to see how some people take criticism in the real world!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

this is the link stinger was after
Sam's tipping knowledge questioned <<<<<<<<<<<<<< click there.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Huzzad
Club Player

Re: did sam apologise

stinger wrote:the old pr!ck really rubbished bally last week.....for having the hide to pick the saints to win over the dorks...said he was an extremely good tipster ...and told luke that he would play last weeks clip next week.. did his mates show the segment in last nights show...or did they just ignore it..... :?: :?: :?: :evil: :evil: :evil:
No apollogy but EVERYONE gave him s*** for it. Even did a segment with "saints players" on a bus giving Sam the moon. He got blasted for it. Was great to watch.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:the old pr!ck really rubbished bally last week.....for having the hide to pick the saints to win over the dorks...said he was an extremely good tipster ...and told luke that he would play last weeks clip next week.. did his mates show the segment in last nights show...or did they just ignore it..... :?: :?: :?: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Fancy having an opinion about picking another side. Surely everyone should pick us every week.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Fancy having an opinion about picking another side. Surely everyone should pick us every week.
its more because it wasnt so much as a tip but telling him straight out 'you wont win' like it was a known fact.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
its more because it wasnt so much as a tip but telling him straight out 'you wont win' like it was a known fact.
Who gives a stuff. I didnt think they could win either and i love the club.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:One thing's for sure..... this forum will have a crack at anyone in the media who puts the Club down.......

Newman, Blight, Lane to name a few. The list is probably never-ending.

But in the end, it's an opinions business really.

Have to laugh sometimes at how seriously everyone takes themselves. We are going to cop criticism whether we like it or not.

I would hate to see how some people take criticism in the real world!

never had to..... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

...i couldn't really give a sh!t if that olde pr!ck from girlong picked against us or not.......some of you have a poor grasp of what actually happened ...and if you didn't see it you should stfu.....it was the fact that he rubbished luke ball for picking the saints and told him we had no chance of winning and that luke should admit that and tip against his team...then went on to say how good a tipster he was and that he would have that part of the show replayed next week to show ball for the choose he was.....it backfired on the prick......is all i was saying....i wanted to know if the prick had the good manners to apologise to him....he didn't.......the saints players...or someone impersonating them..made their point ....

...sam hates the saints...and never misses an opportunity to hang sh!t on them....but basically he's an idiot.....

...jezus ...some pple on here ...ffs.... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Griggsy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Who gives a stuff. I didnt think they could win either and i love the club.

yeah well...says it all really...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

....correct......glad to see someone on here has at least half a clue...... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Sam was just winding him up (and yes I saw it)..Sheesh like a player on the panel is gonna tip against his own side. Sam was just being his normal stirring contrary self

The person on that show atm who's real worry is Gary Lyon. He's turned from genial host into Captain Sourpuss of the highest order, His constant wearying looks as the other joke around are becoming very tiresome

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

...i couldn't really give a sh!t if that olde pr!ck from girlong picked against us or not.......some of you have a poor grasp of what actually happened ...and if you didn't see it you should stfu.....it was the fact that he rubbished luke ball for picking the saints and told him we had no chance of winning and that luke should admit that and tip against his team...then went on to say how good a tipster he was and that he would have that part of the show replayed next week to show ball for the choose he was.....it backfired on the prick......is all i was saying....i wanted to know if the prick had the good manners to apologise to him....he didn't.......the saints players...or someone impersonating them..made their point ....

...sam hates the saints...and never misses an opportunity to hang sh!t on them....but basically he's an idiot.....

...jezus ...some pple on here ...ffs.... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
You really are an angry man. I saw it and he was winding Bally up. Its called a joke. I doubt you know what they are with all that anger inside you. If you looke through 2 eyes you would see Sam does it to every club including Geelong.

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

i watched the footage it was down right disgusting! Sam pretty much talked down to Bally saying "you wont win, dont kid yourself".And Bally was pretty much like welll i think we will and so forth. It wasn't just a tip it was more like everyone must fall into line with the fact that i'm right and your wrong.

He should have apoligised or at least said something positive about the win.

Go saints in '09!
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:If you looked through 2 eyes you would see Sam does it to every club including Geelong.
I reckon Sam's given more sprays about his old Club than any other team since he's been on TFS.