who should be captain next year? any nominations

jakestar1

who should be captain next year? any nominations

for me definetly Lenny Hayes

Moorabbin Saints

Riewoldt. No questions asked.

Don't chop and change.

christ is this pest back again !!! how many threads are you going to open this time ??

jakestar1

i agree on that point,
you could really see his leadership during saturdays game and after the game when he gave them a chat in the huddle

bethb7

Lenny Hayes I think should have been made captain in the first place. But Rooey has shown he deserves to be in the captains position so I think he should be kept there for a few more years.

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon

Probably Luke Ball or Kosi. Rooy and Lenny have been disappointing.

bethb7

plugger66 wrote:Probably Luke Ball or Kosi. Rooy and Lenny have been disappointing.
why have lenny and rooey been disappointing ??? Didn't you see Riewoldt pull the team together and get us over the line on Saturday. & Lenny give his absolute everything and inspire the team against Freo in the first quater. They both give 100% each week thats what a leader is

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon

bethb7 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Probably Luke Ball or Kosi. Rooy and Lenny have been disappointing.
why have lenny and rooey been disappointing ??? Didn't you see Riewoldt pull the team together and get us over the line on Saturday. & Lenny give his absolute everything and inspire the team against Freo in the first quater. They both give 100% each week thats what a leader is
If Lenny was any good he would not have got injured against Freo and Rooy would have not fumbled that ball against North if he was any good. Lets replace them I say.

james Gwilt for captain !! hey Plugger66???

bethb7

bethb7 wrote:
If Lenny was any good he would not have got injured against Freo and Rooy would have not fumbled that ball against North if he was any good. Lets replace them I say.

That is just a very stupid thing to say do you think Lenny could help getting injured he didn't do it to himself. & yes Riewoldt had a bad quater on Saturday but he lifed himself and the rest of the team. Do you know what you are talking about at all?

bethb7 wrote:

That is just a very stupid thing to say do you think Lenny could help getting injured he didn't do it to himself. & yes Riewoldt had a bad quater on Saturday but he lifed himself and the rest of the team. Do you know what you are talking about at all?
i would say Pluggers is taking the piss

bethb7

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
bethb7 wrote:

i would say Pluggers is taking the piss
Yeah think so

Been fishing fishing Plugger ?

Lennon

I'm pretty sure we've ditched the rotational policy.

I'd put money on Roo as long-term captain.

Lennon wrote:I'm pretty sure we've ditched the rotational policy.

I'd put money on Roo as long-term captain.
2 weeks is a long time in footy. Half the people on here wanted Rooy sacked now he is everyones love child again. He was made Captain and will be Captain until he leaves or doesnt want it anymore. Win lose or draw that is what will happen.
Last edited by plugger66 on Wed 02 Jul 2008 8:44pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lennon

2 weeks is a long time in footy. Half the people on here wanted Rooy sacked .
Not me.

I have nothing but contempt for those people.

Lennon wrote:
Not me.

i'm with you mate.... :wink: :lol:

Lennon

Lennon wrote:
Not me.

i'm with you mate.... :wink: :lol:
:)

Weren't many of us for a while there, but as most often happens when you hold to your heart-felt convictions (rather than panicking and changing horses midstream) you are proven right.

mick13

I reckon a large reason we made Roo captain is so he stays captain, so when the GC team comes in we can be like 'but u cant take our capn away!!11'

I was Lenny all the way, and still think he'd be an awesome captain. But Roo has shown why he should be captain in the last 2 weeks. He can dominate a game, unlike Lenny (although 16 touches in a quarter aint bad).

Who has more of a physical presence? Roo or Lenny? Roo's massive, but he doesn't push people around, Lenny's fkn tough as nails and some of those bumps are massive. If Roo could push his weight around a little more he'd go a long way to being a great capn.

Reiwoldt as captain until there is a reason for him not to be.

Yep. Roo is the man. Can't believe how unloved he is by Saints fans. Has as many B and F's as Robert Harvey and he is only half way through his career.

(Although I expect Harvey has another 20 years in him....... :wink: :D )

jill

RIEWOLDT - CHAMPION PLAYER - CHAMPION CLUB MAN - TOP BLOKE AND A PROUD, PASSIONATE SAINT :!: :D :D

capitan

Lenny Hayes

Moorabbin Saints wrote:Riewoldt. No questions asked.

Don't chop and change.
Yep I agree. IMHO his leadership has been really good this year and (sadly to say) a captain must have a high media profile and be media savvy and Rooey fits the bill there

Prodgers

Would anyone consider Goddard? I reckon he would be awesome. But Rooey is definately the man atm. Super star :)