Dempster to be dropped next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint_Bronx
Club Player

Dempster to be dropped next week

Does anyone think dempster should be dropped for next week, he done nothing today other than a late goal with 15 seconds left in the fourth quarter.

Batnoe

i think you should go and learn some english,

you done nothing at school

Jaz
Club Player

Hes a defensive player so he should be judged by how is opponent performs. I am sure he will keep his spot. not sure who will be dropped if baker comes back next week.

Tassie Saint
Club Player
Location: In the wilds of Tassie - Where boys become men, and cousins become wives

didn't do much on the rebound but completely shut Wonemerri (or however it's spelt) out of the game, can't ask for much more than that from a defender.

Caaaaaarn you Sainters!!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

dempster ...... the new whipping boy !!! hes a defender as long as he doesnt let his man get possesions im happy

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Was terrific from watching at the game.

Most his possessions were good and that goal was a cracker. I would think that he had the most spoils today if the stat was recorded.

Both he and Geary effectively kept Wonamiri's impact minimal.

He should be very safe for next week.

esaint66
SS Life Member

Just saw the goal on tv after getting home from the game, and all the commentators agreed he had a decent to good day and i am inclined to agree with them he did his job, a defender like dempsters game is based on the sucsees or failure of their opponents

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Did the opening poster even watch the game?

Killed the dangerous wonameri

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
big_mac_evoy5
Club Player

i think that birss will be dropped purely they have been trying to set him tagging jobs but if baker come in there is no point having two taggers. although he kicked two goals they weren't exactly against quality opposition.

i would like to see mc qualter mc evoy and to a lesser degree allen. because they have showed alot over the past 2 months. but i can't see a spot for any of them.

i have got fergusson fever is our new x factor that specy was good made the game go up a notch after that. i know that sounds silly but if u watch it u will see. and if he kicked straight he woul have had 3 or 4 goals. and he has great hands only dropped one mark all day. i think he would be a great forward pocket. he can also play back pockjet or flank.

peoples thoughts

saints for the flag armitage for rising start
saints11
Club Player

Re: Dempster to be dropped next week

Saint_Bronx wrote:Does anyone think dempster should be dropped for next week, he done nothing today other than a late goal with 15 seconds left in the fourth quarter.
no he played a fair game and shouldn't be dropped

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

big_mac_evoy5 wrote:i think that birss will be dropped purely they have been trying to set him tagging jobs but if baker come in there is no point having two taggers. although he kicked two goals they weren't exactly against quality opposition.

i would like to see mc qualter mc evoy and to a lesser degree allen. because they have showed alot over the past 2 months. but i can't see a spot for any of them.

i have got fergusson fever is our new x factor that specy was good made the game go up a notch after that. i know that sounds silly but if u watch it u will see. and if he kicked straight he woul have had 3 or 4 goals. and he has great hands only dropped one mark all day. i think he would be a great forward pocket. he can also play back pockjet or flank.

peoples thoughts
IMO it would be a very bad move to drop Birss, he is in some good form at the moment and I think Baker would struggle to equal it, especially with his fitness woes...

Ferguson should be given another chance because with a bit more luck and composure he could have kicked 4 goals today...

I don't really see any changes going into next week IMO...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

If any changes are made (strong possibility that there won't be) it will be Geary out for Baker. If Lyon wants to get really tricky he'll drop Armo or Blake for X.Clarke.

The Sydney boys seem to be immune from omission and the likes of King, Jones and Gram would have to play absolutely horribly to get dropped.

Ferguson will get another go since he took a few good marks and we have no other option. Birss will be suggested as a possible omission but he's been playing far too well to be dropped.

Personally I would drop Dempster and Jones for Baker and X.Clarke, but that isn't going to happen.

There are plenty of players who looked very good today, but it all means nothing if they don't follow it up against half-decent opposition. There was absolutely no pressure put on St Kilda today and I would be very surprised if a few of the boys play anywhere near the level they did today against the Bulldogs and Sydney.
Last edited by mad saint guy on Sun 01 Jun 2008 7:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

BallBanger
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:dempster ...... the new whipping boy !!! hes a defender as long as he doesnt let his man get possesions im happy
Does this mean you've now dropped off Ferg StTrav?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:

Personally I would drop Jones ...., but that isn't going to happen.

Too right it will not happen. Nor should it.

CJ landed SEVEN tackles, had 20 disposals and Kicked a good goal.

By and large his fied kicking was ok...not perfect but for example he hit more targets than Gram...and had some beautiful passes to the forwards. Not his fault that Ferg played on and misseda sitter.

MSG I like about 90% of your posts but cannot understand you contant baggong of CJ.

In a bad Saints display last week he was good.

Since comig back in he has hada red hot crack....a qulaity lacking in many Saints this tear.

Today in a good St Kilda team he was better.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

i thought CJ was very good today.

howlinwolf
Club Player

Today was the best I have seen CJ play. Usual endevour but his kicking was the best I have seen from him. The kid has a fair dinkum crack, I'll give him that.

midas_touch
Club Player

CJ's kicking was somewhat half decent today, and was a handy player who applied some great pressure in his tackling, and bobbed up for a goal. Will be very stiff if he gets dropped next week.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Yep drop Dempster when we win by 70 and he keeps a good player quiet. Not a great rap for him but lets watch the game.

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

What most of us need to remember is that new guys like Dempster, Schnieder, King and Chuckwagon may take this year to feel their way in the group. A la Aker for the doggies, he was useless last year for the most part but this year he is back to the old Aker and is a big reason for their form thus far. We can not expect these guys to come in and be used to the way 40 odd other guys play the game it takes time to learn and understand the nuances of their new team mates. Injuries to the start of the year for Demi won't have helped as he didn't get the games in the Garbage cup with the guys.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Yep drop Dempster when we win by 70 and he keeps a good player quiet. Not a great rap for him but lets watch the game.
I watched the game, I saw the dees delivery into the forward line, I saw Dempster miss tackles, punch the ball straight to a Demon player and handball to no-one all during the game.

Yes his opponent did nothing, so he deserves some credit, but he is extremely lucky to hold his spot, and would want to improve quickly.

He is hopeless on anyone taller than 6 foot so he is not a KPP option by the way.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Yep drop Dempster when we win by 70 and he keeps a good player quiet. Not a great rap for him but lets watch the game.

He is hopeless on anyone taller than 6 foot so he is not a KPP option by the way.
And who was stupid enough to think he was. But was good today.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:

And who was stupid enough to think he was. But was good today.
Just in case anyone on here wanted him on a tall as a back up that's all....

He is listed at 192 cm

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:MSG I like about 90% of your posts but cannot understand you contant baggong of CJ.
I don't want to keep on ranting about the topic, but I just don't see why a guy who can't think under pressure is worth having in the team. He was ok today against a VFL-quality side, but he's in the same boat as the likes of Dempster, Gram, Schneider and even Ferguson in that they have to start performing against quality opposition if they are to be of any real value.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Who said Dempster kept a good player quiet?

Who was the good player? Wonaeamirri? He's played a handfull of games and was all at sea today. Dempster did nothing but kick a 65 metre goal when the stupid Demons let him run unchallenged through the middle of the ground with 5 seconds left.

Drop him. Bring back Raph, and I am fair dinkum.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

If you want to compare Dempster to someone, compare him to Max. Both are similarly effective with the ball, but Max is clearly the better player due to his hardness and defensive ability, closing speed notwithstanding.

Straight swap for Baker or Gilbert when they are ready to come back in. No reason to drop him yet.