Adrian "Post-it-Note" Anderson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Adrian "Post-it-Note" Anderson

Obviously the simpleton hasn't heard of technology.

The post it note system for advising of ALL interchanges is a load of 70's coddswallop.

Why can't the farking incompetent tool wait a few weeks and implement a system that is computer based instead?

Surely it aint that hard for an IT provider to come up with a simple system

Speaking of simpleton's - Robbo from the Hun should go back to the pub - he can't cope with Doran's intellect when speaking about this issue or any other for that reason.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Don't think this guy can last. Is a complete imbecile

Another opportunity awaits!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Adrian "Post-it-Note" Anderson

saintspremiers wrote:Obviously the simpleton hasn't heard of technology.

The post it note system for advising of ALL interchanges is a load of 70's coddswallop.

Why can't the farking incompetent tool wait a few weeks and implement a system that is computer based instead?

Speaking of simpleton's - Robbo from the Hun should go back to the pub - he can't cope with Doran's intellect when speaking about this issue or any other for that reason.
Doran and intellect should never be used in the same sentance.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:Doran and intellect should never be used in the same
sentance.
Why not?

"Doran has absolutely no discernible intellect whatsoever"

See, it wasn't that difficult! :wink:

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Obviously the simpleton hasn't heard of technology.

Doran and intellect should never be used in the same sentance.
sentence :wink:

I drove out the Doran intellect rick power poles.

They should use sms - would have record of it then.

Or maybe club interchange facebook pages. just give them a laptop.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

ok, so I assume no one on Saintsational gives a shyte about the new interchange rules, is that correct?

What I'm getting at, is why didn't the AFL wait a few weeks, or even a month, and implement a system that uses, say, microchips in jumpers (as the AFL have mentioned), or some other higher tech way of tracking interchanges?

The post it note system seems crazy and is obviously are quick and dirty temporary solution.

Consider the penalties - all those free shots at goal......I know it doesn't come into effect until this Round, but all you lot will be up in arms if we cop a penalty against us that costs us the game!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
GrumpyOne

saintspremiers wrote:ok, so I assume no one on Saintsational gives a shyte about the new interchange rules, is that correct?

What I'm getting at, is why didn't the AFL wait a few weeks, or even a month, and implement a system that uses, say, microchips in jumpers (as the AFL have mentioned), or some other higher tech way of tracking interchanges?

The post it note system seems crazy and is obviously are quick and dirty temporary solution.

Consider the penalties - all those free shots at goal......I know it doesn't come into effect until this Round, but all you lot will be up in arms if we cop a penalty against us that costs us the game!
I agree.

Who was it on radio on the weekend who came up with the idea of computer chips embedded in jumpers?

Much better idea IMO.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

double post
Last edited by saintspremiers on Tue 20 May 2008 3:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Giant scanner and a barcode on the jumper instead? If the barcode replaces a number, umpires need only swipe a player to report! It's so easy.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Giant scanner and a barcode on the jumper instead? If the barcode replaces a number, umpires need only swipe a player to report! It's so easy.
Actaully a brilliant idea. But instead of a bar code insert a chip in the jumber that is registered when the player passes the yellow interchange line.

Contact the AFL immediately someone.

GrumpyOne

Cairnsman wrote:
degruch wrote:Giant scanner and a barcode on the jumper instead? If the barcode replaces a number, umpires need only swipe a player to report! It's so easy.
Actaully a brilliant idea. But instead of a bar code insert a chip in the jumber that is registered when the player passes the yellow interchange line.

FFS someone copyright it in the name of Saintsational.

Fortune to be made here folks.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

I can just see a row of disinterested pimple faced 16 year old chicks scanning the players as the come off the ground.

BEEP..."price check on Brendon Goddard".

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

What should we call it?....

bob__71
Club Player

I actually like the whole idea...it gets rid of the ridiculous notion of using the interchange bench as a tactical device. But still allows it to be used for a rest.

And how is a microchip in a jumper ever going to be replicated down to lower levels of competition.

bob__71
Club Player

bob__71 wrote:I actually like the whole idea...it gets rid of the ridiculous notion of using the interchange bench as a tactical device. But still allows it to be used for a rest.

And how is a microchip in a jumper ever going to be replicated down to lower levels of competition.
Sorry I just realized that i was coming across as a bit of a flog on what was potentially an amusing thread...

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

There is a slight issue with barcoding jumpers I just thought of...

Players could swap jumpers if there original one is torn/too sweaty/dirty etc and the new jumper may not have the correct details assigned to the barcode, although this should be easy to fix.

The fool proof way would be a finger print scan or iris scan, although this may take a bit longer, but the technology is available if required.

The beauty also of an electronic system, whatever it is that's chosen, is that the data can be available through a network to the coaches box instantly, so he knows exactly what time each player comes on/off, total time on ground etc, with very little (if any) margin of error.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

What if we recruit another Chris Stone and the goggles distort the iris scan!?!

GrumpyOne

Cairnsman wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

What should we call it?....
Ringer-Ringer-Roosey?

The Sydney Shuffle?

The Loose Change System?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

WHat difference does it make to the AFL which player is going on to the ground and which one is coming off anyway? Surely the only thing that would be of interest is that the number of players on not exceed 18?

Maybe those players sitting on the bench could hold something that they could pass to the player they are replacing?
Something with a consequence should it not be transferred across correctly.
How about a live hand-grenade (with the pin pulled out)?
I can just seeit now.
Monkey-Boy's staff of Interchange Cops could hand them out at the start of the game to the 4 nominated interchange players. They would remove the pins (holding on to them for security reasons) and any player who didn't transfer teh live grenade correctly would result in his team being a player 'down' for the rest of the game. There would be no need for free kicks, 50m penalties and fines- there would be an instant penalty.
At qtr, half, and 3/4 breaks the Interchange Police could insert the pins back into the grenades and bring them out again at the start of the following quarter. At the end of the games they could just put them back into storage at AFL HQ for use in the following round. :)