The Hard Truths!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

The Hard Truths!

The rose coloured glass bandit brigade won't like this,but too bad.

The signs have been there the past fortnight,and they became painfully obvious tonight. All this talk of top 2,premiership is laughable and those that have suggested so look foolish at best. I can see some of you now,"it's only round 3","there's time to improve it's one loss". WRONG!!

It's not one loss,it was much more than that, it was the end of any hope of us being a threat this year !!! This side is going nowhere under this regime. Severe question marks were hanging over Lyon's head ,now the vultures must be almost ready to circle!!! We play an utterly shocking brand of football,that is pathetic to watch,and the results are mediocre.

If we want to ever win a premiership (GOD FORBID!) we need to make changes. The question is,if we don't make the 8,does Lyon deserve to be retained? From what we've seen the last three weeks,the 8 is no certainty at all again. Keep hearing about how much of a genius the guy is, the only thing so far he has proven is that he's a glorified bigfooty geek. Overcoached to the s***! :evil: :evil:

Some players need a kick up the ass. Firstly,get rid of the puncy white boots. Too much believing of the hype down there, legends in there own lunchbox some of them. When the going get's tough they're nowhere to be seen. So Lyon, make them burn the posing white boots for a start.
Players such as Montagna,Dal Santo,Fiora,the Clarkes...not sure if they're out there to play footy or they're preparing for a catwalk after a few hours in the solarium and 3 different types of moisteuriser have been applied!!

If we're looking at a premiership,time for the hard truths.

Raph Clarke-Goodbye! Not up to it,enough chances and excuses,not good enough.

Blake- Love your tenacity and character and wish everyone had you're heart,but simply your skills and decision making are country league standards.Time to go

Harves- Ornament of the game...but maybe GT was right. Pick a home game,get the media to build it up,get all the recognition you deserve and more,and pull the pin,time catches up even to the best..

Fiora- You're just never going to deliver

Montagna- Not your fault that people rate you so highly i guess,but clearly the biggest flat track bully in the game.

Geary- Not ready,nowhere near it.

Milne- Stop mouthing off when we're getting smashed FFS!!!

X.Clarke- Never going to reach the standards we thought you were after you're blistering start in 03. This looks to be as good as it gets. Moonwalking at nightclubs may be your best asset!

It's time for Lyon to do something out of the blue and put Rewoildt to CHB. Kosi is just a nothing player atm,have this potential star that's just wandering around like a chook with it's head chopped off with no direction in life. Put him at CHF and let him blossom into the player he can be. Rewoildt would be a star CHB,the best in the game. Rewoildt is not going to get the accolades at CHB,but who gives a s*** about accolades! If Kosi isn't utilised to his full potential then maybe it's time to trade him at the end of year whilst he still has some value for some pacey midfielders in which we scream for!!!

If anyone comes on here tonight and defends the directiopn the side is going then you clearly have bigger rocks in your head than what was already thought! We haven't gone anywhere since last year,the signs have been there the last fortnight yet many jump up and down and say it will get better! WHEN!!????
We've been waiting for his entire time at the helm for us to get better but it hasn't happened. We play the worst most mundane trash in the league. Lyon should be booked by the AFL for bringing the game into disrepute!My Nanner could coach this list to 9th position like Lyon has......time to deliver or time to go and give Sheedy the job!

FFS pull your finger out because we are sick and tired of the promises,and the failure to deliver year after year after year!
If you don't like what I said,then you're a halfwit! :wink:

oh,and :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

ya forgot one important message...pyss lyon off before he does any more damage

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

rogerwa wrote:ya forgot one important message...pyss lyon off before he does any more damage
its a good thing you live in wa so one of us have to listen to you often

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
savatage
SS Life Member

rogerwa wrote:ya forgot one important message...pyss lyon off before he does any more damage
Get off the turps.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Can you relay us your thoughts about how you were feeling at quarter time :wink:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Wollongong_saint
Club Player

Obviously you're a little angry but I think you're onto something in some regards.....but I don't think a coach change is the way to go!!
Ross Lyon just needs somebody to intervene (whether it be the Captain/assistant coaches, anybody) and tell him to pull his finger out.
He's a good coach....that's why he was picked, and it would be a little too reactionary to get rid of him at this stage.....but he does need a kick up the backside.

Quixote
SS Life Member

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

FraserGehrig
Club Player

i agree with raph and jason blake. the rest is terrible. :?

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:Can you relay us your thoughts about how you were feeling at quarter time :wink:
All well and good if a marathon was won at the 30 meter mark,I'd be an olympic champion.
All good if cricket was won after one over!
All good if the siren blew when Stkilda were in front! We'd have won 20 premierships by now!

Ridiculous,at best.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

While i get what u mean... the answer to our lack of midfield depth is not to get rid of the best midfielders we have in Dal and Joey... its the depth players we don't have... Out must go Fiora, X etc

Rowdy
Club Player

Very well thought out post only thing I disagree with is Milne, thought he actually stood up tonight. So much for the most potent forward line in the league Gehrig looks like he is ready to play full forward for the Taliband. Great to see a supporter taking the time out to put in a good post. 8-)

"Our season is still alive," Lyon said. "It's not the end for Robert."

Harvey's mates stood listening to those words, perhaps planning to keep the AFL's longest career lingering a while yet. Then turned into softcocks and blew it YET again.
Ray Broughton
Club Player

Is Fraser Gehrig a good player? That is the real question here I think!! :evil: 8-)

Ray Broughton
~Fish Catcher and Saints Barracker~
"When I'm not watching saints, I'm catchin barra wearing my saints scarf in the 35 degree heat - that's the kinda fan I am"...
rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

at work & didnt hear score until 1/2 time...makes a bigger mockery of things when you score 7 in first qtr & stuff all for the next 3
or 4 gls in first 15 mins & 2 for next 3 qtrs

dont worry about my attitude LOOK AT THE SCOREBOARD

THE SCOREBOARD DOESNT LIE...frontrunners

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Oh,and before i forget. Time for Silvagni to go!! Wasn't even the best fullback in the league let alone of the century.And to make thingsa worse he was the worst special comments man I have ever heard,yes even worse than the Ox :shock: !!

Has nothing to do with tonight,but I'm a rampage,time to clear out the dead wood!
While I'm at it,John Barker,goodbye! Couldn't play the game yet walked straight into a coaching job.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
Devilhead wrote:Can you relay us your thoughts about how you were feeling at quarter time :wink:
All well and good if a marathon was won at the 30 meter mark,I'd be an olympic champion.
All good if the siren blew when Stkilda were in front! We'd have won 20 premierships by now!

Ridiculous,at best.
The wink emoticon means that I was taking the mick but I guess you knew that anyway :wink:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
jonesy wrote:

Ridiculous,at best.
The wink emoticon means that I was taking the mick but I guess you knew that anyway :wink:
I knew that but I'm on a rampage so move on out of the way,plugger is moving through

SainterX
Club Player

Harves- Ornament of the game...but maybe GT was right. Pick a home game,get the media to build it up,get all the recognition you deserve and more,and pull the pin,time catches up even to the best..
Until there are 15-16 players doing more than him in our team he is more than welcome to stick around.

jackal
Club Player

Jeebus, some pretty stupid comments here. although I tipped the Saints we were no gimmies. Can't win them all guys!

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

jackal wrote:X Clarke is a jet and will be one of the greats mark my words![/b][/u]
You've said it all there

Richter
SS Life Member

Keep on going Jonesy - get it all out. You will feel a little better.

unfortunately it won't change the facts. Which are that we were as SOFT as butter tonight and got spanked.

Next 3 weeks huge - Essendon game a must win as Geelong and PA likely losses. 2 - 4 and we're in trouble - 3 - 3 and we can turn it around.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Saintschampions08
Club Player

Richter wrote:Keep on going Jonesy - get it all out. You will feel a little better.

unfortunately it won't change the facts. Which are that we were as SOFT as butter tonight and got spanked.

Next 3 weeks huge - Essendon game a must win as Geelong and PA likely losses. 2 - 4 and we're in trouble - 3 - 3 and we can turn it around.
2-4 or 3-3 ... you can just about forget a premiership. If we can't beat Geelong and / or Port, why even bother trying to make the finals. We're not going to be playing Carlton, Richmond and Sydney in the finals.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I dont agree with you... Its the players Fault not Rossy's I thought like you one stage but i looked and thought about our gameplan and i can see what Rossy is trying to achieve. To the players you said should go well
Raph yeah i dont like him and hes style of footy.
Blake is a great player who needs to be in a team i think people dont understand is that teams need players like that
Harves well i will comment later in the season
fiora again is like blake he does alot for our team
Montagna i cant believe you put him in this group hes one of the most improved and is one of out best midfielders
geary is still learning and is young hes standed up well this year
Milne needs to toughen up
Clarke wait maybe next year and then ask our selfs
i do agree with you with the bit about the team going nowhere. we are going no where and we need to take a long hard look at them selfs

Saintschampions08
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:I dont agree with you... Its the players Fault not Rossy's I thought like you one stage but i looked and thought about our gameplan and i can see what Rossy is trying to achieve. To the players you said should go well
Raph yeah i dont like him and hes style of footy.
Blake is a great player who needs to be in a team i think people dont understand is that teams need players like that
Harves well i will comment later in the season
fiora again is like blake he does alot for our team
Montagna i cant believe you put him in this group hes one of the most improved and is one of out best midfielders
geary is still learning and is young hes standed up well this year
Milne needs to toughen up
Clarke wait maybe next year and then ask our selfs
i do agree with you with the bit about the team going nowhere. we are going no where and we need to take a long hard look at them selfs
It's not Ross's fault.

You can't blame the coach when our players can't do the simple things, such as hit a target.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Of course it isn't, it's never ever Ross's fault. He's a supercoach: he's got everything right now and we are coming for Geelong. Just wait and see.

It isn't Ross. It's the players. It's always the players.

Especially Raph: especially that stupid handpass he made after it was already all over red rover. That turned the match. Just sack him from the club, lock him in jail, throw away the key, and we'll have 3, 5, 10 I don't know how many premierships in a row. It's as easy as that!!

Oh, and the recruitment under GT. No good at all. If only we hadn't recruited Brooks, Watts and McGough (oh and Guerra and Ackland), we'd have been all over the Dogs after quarter time last night. Guaranteed.

You guys on here make me feel ill.

I'll tell you why we looked hopeless last night. Most of you won't agree, but tough. It's the same reason we have looked more or less hopeless for all of the last 18 months.

It's the one dimensional, inflexible, gutless and inappropriate approach to playing the game that we take onto the field. Even Sydney has more flexibility in its game plan than us, and that's saying something.

We just run up and down the field until we are all exhausted, and then our opponents come over the top of us. It's really as simple as that.

Maybe it's a coincidence, but we started to look like this after about Round 3 last year and have been becoming more and more like it ever since. I wonder why. Can't work it out....

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
spert
Saintsational Legend

Hard truths? Harvey and Gehrig stayed a year too long..I love 'em, but they are not the future. We need the younger bodies in there now.