Brad Johnson You Legend!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Brad Johnson You Legend!!

That was a brilliant game, I hope you all saw it!!
Johnson with 2 goals in the last few minutes in his 300th game to bring it home for the doggies, gotta love Johnson, superstar player and by the looks of it super bloke!!

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Darren
Club Player

Watched the whole game. Was very entertained , both clubs were hard in it and most of all, Congratulations to Johno! :D

matrix
Saintsational Legend

it was great huh.....great tribute to a great player...someone all young kids should look up to.
that bloke has played 300 games and he looked like a bloke that had only played 200.
he could play 350 bar any serious injury

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

24K ???? VERY poor doggie fans. Maybe there aint that many of em :twisted:

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Good to have two contrasting games - last night's and this one. Today's was pretty much a shootout after quarter time and last night was a good old fashioned struggle and u had to work your butt off for every goal.

Pretty tight round of footy thus far.....

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

The crazy thing is he still looks to have another 3-4 years left in him, and West also appears to have a couple... Had to double check who I tipped and I went with the doggies so I'm twice as happy about it now....

Melbourne V Hawthorn has a hard act to follow, Franklin had better kick a bag for my SC :twisted:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

I love the idea of the player flags flying around the venue to remember the great past players.

I would like to see that at St Kilda for every home game.

300 gamers, 100+ a season goal kickers and Brownlow medalists should each have a flag.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

you gotta give it to the crows players!
they lost on the siren, but still had the guts to go over and clap him off as he was chaired off!
thats what i like about the crows, they are good sports! its just their supporters who let them down :wink:

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Well I know when Harvey plays his last game I will be more then happy to part with my hard earned for an admission ticket to see the great man in his last hurrah (whenever that is!).......

ttufc7
Club Player

The way the doggies honoured such a great milestone was absolutely brilliant. Unfurling banners from the rafters of the dome honouring their 300 game players and having them in attendance was a great touch and the Crows should be commended for the respect they showed in forming a guard of honour for the bloke as he was carried off. After what would have been a very dissapointing loss it was an absolute class act. And of course coming away with a gutsy win.

Great celebration of a great players acheivments

With all the negative things being said about the game lately and off field controversies ect. It just reminds you why you love footy and what a magnificent game it is

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Pound for pound Brad Johnson is the best player in the AFL.

Legend.

ace
Saintsational Legend

TO Johnpeterbudgefanclub
Robert Harvey plays his last game 28 September 2008 and it will be the teams best win ever. :wink: :wink: :wink:
Last edited by ace on Sun 23 Mar 2008 3:50pm, edited 1 time in total.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Listened to the last quarter on the radio...fantastic finish and Brad Johnson deserves all the accolades he gets..true champion who wont the game off his own boot when Adelaide looked home and hosed

Just goes to show the perils of leaving a game early..10 points down at the 27 min mark..no you dont win from there very often by by Jeeez you wanna be there when you do!!!

The only down side from a Saints perspective was the constant comparisons between this game and the "dull nonsense served up last night" as one commentator called it

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
The only down side from a Saints perspective was the constant comparisons between this game and the "dull nonsense served up last night" as one commentator called it
Yeah, but that's just Brian Taylor being ............um .......Brian Taylor :roll: !!

Raven
Club Player

It was a brilliant game and well worth watching even if you don't support either team. AFL entertainment at its best. Johnno is a champion.

Now, I know we were only playing Sydney at their own game last night, but if hypothetically we play in two weeks like we did last night and the Doggies play like they did today, they'll rip us to shreds. :(

But of course that's just hypothetical. We won't play like last night so we should be fine. ;)

st paddy
Club Player

Re: Brad Johnson You Legend!!

Armoooo wrote:That was a brilliant game, I hope you all saw it!!
Johnson with 2 goals in the last few minutes in his 300th game to bring it home for the doggies, gotta love Johnson, superstar player and by the looks of it super bloke!!
Don't make me puke!!!

Cant stand the smiley p$%^k!!

st paddy
Club Player

Spinner wrote:Pound for pound Brad Johnson is the best player in the AFL.

Legend.
FFS - This forum needs to have a good hard look at itself.

yeh he's better than Roo :roll:

yeh he's better than Brown :roll:

Get a Grip - Spose Rocket is Super coach too?

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

st paddy
Club Player

Raven wrote:It was a brilliant game and well worth watching even if you don't support either team. AFL entertainment at its best. Johnno is a champion.

Now, I know we were only playing Sydney at their own game last night, but if hypothetically we play in two weeks like we did last night and the Doggies play like they did today, they'll rip us to shreds. :(

But of course that's just hypothetical. We won't play like last night so we should be fine. ;)
And hypotheticaly if they play like they played today and we dont play but instead spend our Easter sunday watching them on TV then we'll also lose.

Also if we hypothetically hijack their bus to Telstra Dome in 2 weeks and divert it to somewhere far away like sydney - then the game will have to be forfeited!

Hypothetically if I wasnt born I wouldnt have to demean myself by readiing such rot - hypothetically that is! :roll:

st paddy
Club Player

saint66au wrote:Listened to the last quarter on the radio...fantastic finish and Brad Johnson deserves all the accolades he gets..true champion who wont the game off his own boot when Adelaide looked home and hosed

Just goes to show the perils of leaving a game early..10 points down at the 27 min mark..no you dont win from there very often by by Jeeez you wanna be there when you do!!!

And if it had been West Coast that the Swans had played last night the same commentators would be calling it one of the great contests of the modern era.

Lets see where Johno and the bullsh#ts are when Septenber comes around! :roll:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

st paddy wrote:

Legend.

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Calm down buddy...

Yes...on value to his side..he's as good as Brown and Riewoldt..for a bloke of his size to play key position and be a champion at it is a remarkable achievement..thats what Spinner meant by "pound for pound"

300 games..AA captain, neither of the above have achieved those feats as yet.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
loris
Saintsational Legend

gee st paddy you are a bit steamed up today....didn't easter bunnny call to your house :wink:

st paddy
Club Player

saint66au wrote:
st paddy wrote:

Legend.

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Calm down buddy...

Yes...on value to his side..he's as good as Brown and Riewoldt..for a bloke of his size to play key position and be a champion at it is a remarkable achievement..thats what Spinner meant by "pound for pound"

300 games..AA captain, neither of the above have achieved those feats as yet.
He had a great 2006 - average 2007 and like last year he had a great round 1. he's also had about 260 pretty average games - oh how we forget!

If you compare Riewoldt brown and Johnson at the same stage of their respective careers then there is ABSOLUTELY no comparison - it is hardly either of Roo or browns fault that they havent yet played 300 games.

Stupid point!

Brown might ask how many premierships Johno has in his pocket?

Roo might ask how many B&F's he had at 25...
Last edited by st paddy on Sun 23 Mar 2008 5:28pm, edited 2 times in total.

st paddy
Club Player

loris wrote:gee st paddy you are a bit steamed up today....didn't easter bunnny call to your house :wink:
Chocolate fires me up.

Its those smarties eggs that do it!

vacuous space
SS Life Member

st paddy wrote:He had a great 2006 - average 2007 and like last year he had a great round 1. he's also had about 260 pretty average games - oh how we forget!
Johnson - 19.9 touches, 5.7 marks and 1.6 goals per game.
Brown - 14.7 touches 7 marks, 2 goals per game.
Riewoldt - 16 touches, 8.7 marks and 1.9 goals per game.

Johnno's been a gun player when the Doggies have been good, when they've been bad whether he's played as a mid or up forward. He's an awesome player and he deserves respect for his achievements. He's one of the greats of the modern game.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Was at the game today and saw a fantastic free flowing game. Only slowed down several times much to the disgust of all present. Major difference to last night's efforts with a similar result.

Good on ya Johnno, you really are a star - humble, great community worker out west and a good bloke.

Personally I reckon you've played more than just 40 good games :roll:

Well done champ.